Sponsored

If you do 90% highway driving, is it worth lowering your truck 1"?

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Don't do this. LED lights use a negligible amount of energy, especially when viewed against what it takes to move a brick weighing thousands of pounds down the road at 70 mph.
I know. I was following the other silly with more of the same. Out of all the suggestions going a little slower was the only one that would make an appreciable difference to the average driver.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know. I was following the other silly with more of the same. Out of all the suggestions going a little slower was the only one that would make an appreciable difference to the average driver.
It really is that simple. Look into hypermiling tips if you're into that sort of thing, realizing that the biggest change will come from how you drive.

No need to sacrifice ground clearance, visibility, etc. when simple driving habit changes Go Further toward lowering fuel consumption.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's my thought. If I'm keeping this truck for 10+ years, would it pay itself off in 2? 4? 6? years or not at all? Aesthetics are secondary to efficiency haha for me anyway
If being efficient is top priority then drive slower and draft

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just theory crafting here, if any of the pros on this forum knows the math for this potential mod on the Ecoboost or even the Hybrid? How much would you have to drive to make this mod worth it? Thanks in advance
Just to say I did the H&R super sport springs ($337 @ tire rack) just for the looks and was pleasantly surprised I did increase fuel economy (I have over 38k miles, 34k when i got the maverick specific spring kit installed) and also people that lifted their mavericks have decreased fuel mpg's. However the tires are also important fuel mpg's and my falken's are same original that have worn,etc... I don't recommend doing it just for fuel economy as results do vary and may or may not recoup the cost? I would agree definitely your choice of driving style as others have stated do get better results.
Sponsored