Sponsored

If they made a full EV Maverick, would you buy, switch? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The range for a full EV wouldn’t be long enough for me. I would pay more for a Hybrid with a bigger battery though.
Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Plug-in version of the current Hybrid, Yes. A full EV option, absolutely not.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a another thought after watching all the flooding in Florida with the hurricane. EV batteries hold a much higher charge than the typical 12V battery on a gas powered vehicle. If everyone had EV's, wouldn't all that electricity in the flooded areas be a possible electrocution hazard for emergency workers?

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No.
We have 100 years worth of oil we are sitting on and no plan on how to generate the electricity to switch everything over. China and India produce 75% of the worlds carbon and are burning coal. Solar and wind will never produce enough power for our country, nuclear and hydrogen probably are the only sources that might fill the gap. In South Carolina over 50% of our electricity is produced by nuclear and would be more if Westinghouse hadn’t gone belly up. How about taking a wasted $400 billion for student loans and putting that money towards nuclear.

zzbaluba

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm getting the Lariat hybrid. I'd drop it like a hot rock for a Maverick Lariat EV.

Update... Living with a Maverick Hybrid for last 4 months... Completely charmed and smitten by the Maverick hybrid. At this point I would go with a PHEV vs an EV. If Ford offers a PHEV in the future, with a minimum of 50 miles on battery, we will be a two Maverick family.

Update: Ordered a 2023 Cyber Orange Hybrid Lariat Lux Maverick, 9/20/22. So hopefully at some point in 2023 we will be a two Maverick family. If in 2024 Ford does a PHEV Maverick we will order one and sell/trade in the 2022 Maverick.
I would not buy a Maverick EV. I prefer the convenience of a gas model. And, I don't believe the green energy hoax in the first place.

Sponsored

OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not buy a Maverick EV. I prefer the convenience of a gas model. And, I don't believe the green energy hoax in the first place.
I get convenience factor that's why I bought the hybrid. One does not need to believe the 'green energy hoax' to find EV vehicles cool. For instance, that instant torque slam you back in the seat 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds that an electric motor can provide... yeah that's a lot of fun... And has nothing to do with being green.

PitViper

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The second it's available I'm going to go to an EV Maverick. I'd consider stepping up to a EV Ranger if that was the only one available. The F-150 Lightning is beautiful and I love it, but the cost is outside my price range and I do not need a truck that big.

supersoul

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 2500 HD 4X4, 2007 Buick Lacrosse CXL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like others said, I’d consider with a 500 mile range but I also want a 15 minute charge time. So at this point, nope.
I just did a 700 mile drive straight through from VA to FL. It was both boring (I-95) and brutal for this aging senior citizen. Just the thought of having to plan for a charging location and wait any significant time for a charge would have made my head explode. With these types of drives you just want it to to be over.

Count me out for EV's.

Higher initial purchase price, increasing price of electricity, scary high cost of battery replacement, range anxiety, dearth of charging locations, especially in rural areas, and unacceptably long wait time to charge ..........WHEW!!!

I'd rather get a root canal done without anesthesia.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a another thought after watching all the flooding in Florida with the hurricane. EV batteries hold a much higher charge than the typical 12V battery on a gas powered vehicle. If everyone had EV's, wouldn't all that electricity in the flooded areas be a possible electrocution hazard for emergency workers?
No. Electricity will ground itself in the shortest distance possible.

pgreen1959

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You bet I would change in a heart beat. The only issue would be is what would be Ford's excuse for it not getting built.

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nope. An AWD PHEV maybe, but pure EV? Ummm that's a big negatory there ghostrider.

Bigsam411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The EV would be more convenient... you would leave home in the morning with a full battery. For road trips you may add an hour to the trip at most assuming normal fast charging.

Stealth Raccoon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm closing in on 10k with my EB AWD XL, and at this point I don't think I would trade for less performance. Perhaps an EV as a secondary commuter, say a two-door short bed on the Bronco Sport length chassis, wouldn't need crazy range - 200 miles would be more than enough. Of course I'm not paying more than $30k, so see about making that work :D

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The EV would be more convenient... you would leave home in the morning with a full battery. For road trips you may add an hour to the trip at most assuming normal fast charging.
Where do you get data of an hour at most for road trips? It takes an hour to take most batteries to 75% which of you're lucky gets 225 miles range.

Plenty of road trips need more than 500 miles... Meaning multiple stops and more than an hour added. And that's assuming your destination has chargers available close by, or it could get even more dicey (see remote camping trip).

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting the Lariat hybrid. I'd drop it like a hot rock for a Maverick Lariat EV.

Update... Living with a Maverick Hybrid for last 4 months... Completely charmed and smitten by the Maverick hybrid. At this point I would go with a PHEV vs an EV. If Ford offers a PHEV in the future, with a minimum of 50 miles on battery, we will be a two Maverick family.

Update: Ordered a 2023 Cyber Orange Hybrid Lariat Lux Maverick, 9/20/22. So hopefully at some point in 2023 we will be a two Maverick family. If in 2024 Ford does a PHEV Maverick we will order one and sell/trade in the 2022 Maverick.
No way. EV's are a waste of cash and there has to be somewhere to power them and with California and Europe finding out going green has destroyed folks ability to get solid energy. Brown outs in California and planned reduction of when you can use electricity. In Europe I read one police force was shutdown because they couldn't power their total electric vehicles. Seems like EVs are putting the cart ahead of the horse. Saw a cost evaluation on owning an EV compared to a Hybrid and a Gas vehicle and in 6 years the most cost efficient was the hybrid. I'm sticking with a hybrid.
Sponsored