Sponsored

If they made a full EV Maverick, would you buy, switch? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS]

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting the Lariat hybrid. I'd drop it like a hot rock for a Maverick Lariat EV.

Update... Living with a Maverick Hybrid for last 4 months... Completely charmed and smitten by the Maverick hybrid. At this point I would go with a PHEV vs an EV. If Ford offers a PHEV in the future, with a minimum of 50 miles on battery, we will be a two Maverick family.

Update: Ordered a 2023 Cyber Orange Hybrid Lariat Lux Maverick, 9/20/22. So hopefully at some point in 2023 we will be a two Maverick family. If in 2024 Ford does a PHEV Maverick we will order one and sell/trade in the 2022 Maverick.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes but only if it had the equal 500 mile range
The 500 mile range on the hybrid did seriously get my attention. I should qualify and say I would drop the hybrid for an EV only if it had at least 300 mile range. 500 would be very sweet indeed!

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, but more so if it was a plug-in hybrid similar to the Toyota RAV4 Prime. EVs still don't have enough range to make me all in.
Edit: I wonder how much battery drain I'd have pulling a small trailer with an EV.

Sponsored

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Nope....I want to drive to Vegas without having to stay the night somewhere too recharge... (750miles)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Nope....while they sound interesting I think Biden is full of crap. The USA is not anywhere near ready for everyone to have an EV vehicle. The power grid couldn't handle the demand. In addition, I'd have to upgrade the electric service coming into my house in order to put a charging station as well as the electric panel. God only knows how much that would cost at today's crazy prices, just to charge it. Plus like others have posted the range EV's are getting are nowhere near adequate for travel. They may be great for local commutes to work and to go to the store, but traveling on vacation or sightseeing, NOPE. In my opinion they won't be ready until they have a range of 500 miles or more.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
...Pure electric? Maverick ONLY gets 500 miles because of the electric assist capability. I don't believe I have ever heard a Hybrid called Pure Electric before.
I think the respondent is saying the only EV (pure not hybrid) getting 500mi is Tesla’s not that the Maverick is a 500 pure anything. At least giving him the benefit of the doubt reads that way.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think the respondent is saying the only EV (pure not hybrid) getting 500mi is Tesla’s not that the Maverick is a 500 pure anything. At least giving him the benefit of the doubt reads that way.
I didn't read it that way. But I deleted my post.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. I have two EVs, and I love them. I've got a charger at home that charges both at the same time.

That said, I think that a plug-in hybrid might be more appealing for a truck. Having the option not to charge for long trips would be nice, even if 98% of my driving is all-electric.

Husker68007

First Name
First Sergeant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX, 2019 Ram, 2009 XL1200C, 1992 Mustang GT
My story. I’m getting a Maverick and have a Ford Lightning reservation for next year. Currently have 2 2019 ram 1500 trucks that were trading in cause I am tired of gas prices but will never only own a electric vehicle. We take Lots of weekend road trips and don’t want to mess with out of town charging so that’s why we are getting the maverick and the lightning instead of 2 Lightning trucks.

Tx_actual

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely would. I put a reservation in the for lightning but canceled when I measured the dimensions out in the garage. Too tight for it and the telluride and I don’t want to try and charge it outside.
Sponsored