Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First post here

First a little back history here. Was reading about the mav since ford first announced they were going to produce a small pickup... Since gas prices will just continue to creep higher.. Wanted something better with the gas mileage.. Currently own a Ford explore sport trec
( hoibble gas mileage I get 12/city and 16/15 hy). I wanted a small vehicle that's better on gas.. Wanted to wait to order till I could test drive a mav..
It wasn't till Nov.. That a dealership 40 miles a way had a demo/test drive only mav( wasn't for sale) it was a all gas front wheel drive model.. I wanted a all gas all wheel drive.. So test drove it for adout 15 min... Liked it... In the back of my mind I didn't want to order threw them... Wasn't convinced they wouldn't jack up price on me. Went to the dealership the wife bought her car from. Same thing not realy convinced. They belonged to a auto group that other locations in their group were listing mav's with a +$8000 over msrp as a market adjustment increase.. Both of the first and second dealerships were in nothern IL.
My old boss had ordered a 2022 F350 from a small northern WI ford dealership that mainly only sales trucks.. Told me to contact his salesman... Went and had a chat with him.. He said no Mark up and I trusted him as they are a small dealership and and want the repeat business and / word of mouth.. As my old boss for his ordered F350 lariet. When he order they agreed to a price for 2k under msrp.. Then befor his truck was built ford raised the price on F350 by 2k.. The salesman and dealership honered the original price.. So no ford increase or dealer increase..
Went and talked to the saleman in the beginning of December.. And was going to return to place order after deciding on my truck options.. Hmmd and hawwed. 2 weeks then got sick over Christmas ( not covid / thought it was but tested neg) then got busy at work didn't make it back to salesman till near the end of Jan..
When placing the order he was honest and said if I did receive my order it prob won't be till middle of fall.. Or more possible be pushed to a my23 vehicle.
So I placed a xlt gas, all wheel, alto blue, lux, fx4, sliding back window and full spare.. On Jan 22 then 2 days later ford announced the cut off to ordering on Jan 27..

So I have watched newer video from the guy Tim about the constraints and the letter from ford to dealerships about reaching out to see if customers are willing to take packages/ items off their orders and my take from the video is...
If you're order isn't scheduled for this model year.. Then it will become a my23 order.. But the way he made it sound was that you would have to place a order again when the order bank opens back up for the my23 and start all over again..

So does anybody know if you're order will automatically carry over to the next module year. And be at the head of the ordered pack of my23 orders.. Or if u have to place a new order for a my23?

I know just cuz you have a order in. that doesn't mean that that order will be built first
I would hope they would fulfill the my22s that Carry over into my23 first before a new my23 order of the same options

I'm not in a huge hurry for the new truck the longer I have to wait the larger my down payment will get.. But if I have to start all over again with a my23 order I might as well place a order for something a little bigger and more expensive as the down payment I have keeps growing
Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 90 per
First post here

First a little back history here. Was reading about the mav since ford first announced they were going to produce a small pickup... Since gas prices will just continue to creep higher.. Wanted something better with the gas mileage.. Currently own a Ford explore sport trec
( hoibble gas mileage I get 12/city and 16/15 hy). I wanted a small vehicle that's better on gas.. Wanted to wait to order till I could test drive a mav..
It wasn't till Nov.. That a dealership 40 miles a way had a demo/test drive only mav( wasn't for sale) it was a all gas front wheel drive model.. I wanted a all gas all wheel drive.. So test drove it for adout 15 min... Liked it... In the back of my mind I didn't want to order threw them... Wasn't convinced they wouldn't jack up price on me. Went to the dealership the wife bought her car from. Same thing not realy convinced. They belonged to a auto group that other locations in their group were listing mav's with a +$8000 over msrp as a market adjustment increase.. Both of the first and second dealerships were in nothern IL.
My old boss had ordered a 2022 F350 from a small northern WI ford dealership that mainly only sales trucks.. Told me to contact his salesman... Went and had a chat with him.. He said no Mark up and I trusted him as they are a small dealership and and want the repeat business and / word of mouth.. As my old boss for his ordered F350 lariet. When he order they agreed to a price for 2k under msrp.. Then befor his truck was built ford raised the price on F350 by 2k.. The salesman and dealership honered the original price.. So no ford increase or dealer increase..
Went and talked to the saleman in the beginning of December.. And was going to return to place order after deciding on my truck options.. Hmmd and hawwed. 2 weeks then got sick over Christmas ( not covid / thought it was but tested neg) then got busy at work didn't make it back to salesman till near the end of Jan..
When placing the order he was honest and said if I did receive my order it prob won't be till middle of fall.. Or more possible be pushed to a my23 vehicle.
So I placed a xlt gas, all wheel, alto blue, lux, fx4, sliding back window and full spare.. On Jan 22 then 2 days later ford announced the cut off to ordering on Jan 27..

So I have watched newer video from the guy Tim about the constraints and the letter from ford to dealerships about reaching out to see if customers are willing to take packages/ items off their orders and my take from the video is...
If you're order isn't scheduled for this model year.. Then it will become a my23 order.. But the way he made it sound was that you would have to place a order again when the order bank opens back up for the my23 and start all over again..

So does anybody know if you're order will automatically carry over to the next module year. And be at the head of the ordered pack of my23 orders.. Or if u have to place a new order for a my23?

I know just cuz you have a order in. that doesn't mean that that order will be built first
I would hope they would fulfill the my22s that Carry over into my23 first before a new my23 order of the same options

I'm not in a huge hurry for the new truck the longer I have to wait the larger my down payment will get.. But if I have to start all over again with a my23 order I might as well place a order for something a little bigger and more expensive as the down payment I have keeps growing
I am 90 percent sure your order is automatically rolled over. @fordvideoguy would know for sure.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... But the way he made it sound was that you would have to place a order again when the order bank opens back up for the my23 and start all over again..

So does anybody know if you're order will automatically carry over to the next module year. ... Or if u have to place a new order for a my23?
I watched the entire video and was left with the same question. When Aug 16th rolls around, do I automatically have an order in for a MY23 with my original order date, or do I have to place a new order (and retain my original order date)? And if I have to place a new order, what if I don't get around to it for a day or two? Am I at the back of the new queue?

Sponsored

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ask your dealership what their allocation # is and what number in line you are?

If your dealership has a low # of allocations and many ahead of you it might be a very long wait or not built at all this year or next.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim said that if your order is unbuildable for MY22, it will switch to priority code 99. Then you will be able to make changes if you would like and be confirmed for MY23. You will keep your place in line and you should be price protected.

@fordvideoguy unless I misheard you, this is what I recall in a livestream.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you ask your dealership what their allocation # is and what number in line you are?

If your dealership has a low # of allocations and many ahead of you it might be a very long wait or not built at all this year or next.
This^

It’s all about Allocation. I’m likely a late 2023 or 2024 build when orders/Allocation is taken into consideration. I’m order number 33, and my dealer has been getting 2 a month on average. December they got 1.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I watched the entire video and was left with the same question. When Aug 16th rolls around, do I automatically have an order in for a MY23 with my original order date, or do I have to place a new order (and retain my original order date)? And if I have to place a new order, what if I don't get around to it for a day or two? Am I at the back of the new queue?
The MY22 production will go to at least September. If last week's orders had mid April production dates September production would be scheduled by the July.

I expect Ford will need 30 days to switch commodities needed for MY23 additions and MY22's deletions. Additionally, Ford will will need to announce when customers will need to go to their dealer and rollover (with price protection) or modify their MY23 order with any options they want to add (at a MY23 price).

Those orders will retain their original order date. Changing motor or trim will change the order date much the same as a MY22 hybrid trim change would push a person to 11-15 and an Ecoboost order to 01-27.

AMCJeepMJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One too many
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This sounds less than ideal for my mid-November order of an EB Lariat Lux 4K 360 FX4 with spray liner and tri-fold.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Tim said that if your order is unbuildable for MY22, it will switch to priority code 99. Then you will be able to make changes if you would like and be confirmed for MY23. You will keep your place in line and you should be price protected.

@fordvideoguy unless I misheard you, this is what I recall in a livestream.
Correct, we will get confirmation of this this summer as we get closer to close out.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy is giving the the MTC a golden opportunity to AMA him during this evening's YT Long McArthur Ford Live E29. The main subject will be the Maverick Price Protection.

On another (not Reddit) Maverick site I found what "might be" a leaked memo on the subject.

Attention Ford: I am not an employee and I did NOT get the following information from ANY Ford employee:

Price Protection-Retail
Price Protection guarantees the original price level of the vehicle, as long as it is reported sold to the original ordering customer (stock vehicles are not eligible). Price Protection covers both the base, option and destination and delivery (D&D0 prices of the vehicle and will automatically be paid approximately 45 days after the vehicle is reported sold to the same customer for whom the vehicle was ordered. Price Protection retail policies apply to U.S. orders only.

Automatic Price Protection
-Should a vehicle price change, confirmed retail and fleet vehicle orders are protected to the price levels (base price, options and D&D) that were in affect when the order was originally received. The vehicle must be sold to the customer for whom it was originally ordered.
-The dealer will receive an adjusted invoice; the adjusted price will appear on his Dealer Payment Statement (DPS) in the section labeled "Price Protection" approximately 30-45 days after the vehicle is reported sold.
-Dealer demo-ordered vehicles that are retained in service for a minimum of two months qualify for Price Protection.

I do not have access or received any indication whatsoever @fordvideoguy will directly quote any part of what was posted as an "internal and not for public consumption memo" . I do not think it will be in his professional interest to do so. Since I've tagged him in this post he'll probably be aware it's circulating these gossip pages and possibly saw it on the same "chat" site about this model of truck that I did.

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish automatic price protection applied to roll overs.

I have the same confirmed order # (Feb 2022) and although the dealer Said if not produced I would get a 23 at the signed price.....they have done A 360 now that my truck has been built.

OP
OP

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wish automatic price protection applied to roll overs.

I have the same confirmed order # (Feb 2022) and although the dealer Said if not produced I would get a 23 at the signed price.....they have done A 360 now that my truck has been built.
For me when I reordered a 23 the 22 price did not carry over... But I did get the private offer $1750 taken off the price...

When I reordered because of how they changed the lux package.. I chose to have the dealership get the bedliner put in aftermarket...
So for me my order was a
Alto blue
Xlt
Fx4
Lux
Full spair
Remote start.
I had the dealership get the 2 front driver and passenger side windows tinted and the sprayed in bed liner was around 700 for the liner and windows
Then had the 1750 private offer and 500 farm Bureau discount for 2250 off

So my out the door price was $29,980
I did after that add a extended bumper to pumper warranty to 84 month or 75k miles( I looked online at warranties prices) but the dearship gave me a price that was a good deal.. I was actually surprised by the price and my salesman/sales manager said the owner was offering a vary good deal on the warranty for such a new model because they want the repeat business and good word of mouth....
Plus I brought in 8k in cash for the down payment( he said the ladies in the back were having fun counting it all out)

I was worried about the 23 price hike of I think 400 and another 100 on delivery when into effect 2 weeks before nime got delivered... But he said that only effect off the lot/ turned down orders.
If u ordered and are purchasing it won't effect ur price

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congratulations, thanks for sharing !