Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find it interesting so many wish Maverick was "a little bigger," "could tow more," "had more available options," etc.

Look, it's a $20K truck, base. Only so much you're gonna do here. You're not going to get 6500 lbs. of tow from an escape platform. It would fold up like a lawn chair.

Want bigger? Buy a Ranger.
Want more options? Get out of the $20K-class.

It's just the reality. Take it or leave it. I think we should be happy for what the Maverick is, rather than be disappointed for what it isn't.
Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find it interesting so many wish Maverick was "a little bigger," "could tow more," "had more available options," etc.

Look, it's a $20K truck, base. Only so much you're gonna do here. You're not going to get 6500 lbs. of tow from an escape platform. It would fold up like a lawn chair.

Want bigger? Buy a Ranger.
Want more options? Get out of the $20K-class.

It's just the reality. Take it or leave it. I think we should be happy for what the Maverick is, rather than be disappointed for what it isn't.

Maybe you are the one missing the point. Everyone understands and knows what it is . but some of us push the limits and if it does not do what we want we move on. What you are basically seeming to say is that a new product can not be pinched poked and prodded. I have read numerous wishes about the interior... Well the interior is monolithic to keep price down, Not having AWD on the hybrid is getting some complaints also , etc.... Having a wish list is not a bad thing... that is what they built this truck on, a combined wish-list. but some things got left out. Maybe you missed what I wrote in my post " I will keep my place in line for the Maverick, change it over to a no-frills XLT hybrid and use it as my daily driver and get rid of the Honda Insight. " No one is knocking the car but only finding out what its abilities and limitations are.

So, it is not what is wanted for purpose #1 but it will fit purpose #2 perfectly. It is perfect enough that a paid-off vehicle is going to be replaced by a new $26,000 vehicle.

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It probably doesn't matter to people looking for the towing capability, but the company I work for rents trucks frequently (easier than having our own trucks, I guess), and occasionally we request a full size but are only given the option of a Frontier. From our limited experience, the cabin and overall build of the Nissans have always felt very cheap. Doors sound cheap, interior materials felt low end, etc. One man's opinion, but I think the Ford will feel like a higher quality vehicle.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this is a Maverick forum, but please let us know your impressions of the new Frontier. Thanks!
Just seeing this...again. The 2022 Frontier is a beautiful vehicle. It is bolder and more aggressive looking than the Ranger or previous edition of the Frontier. It is a bit roomier than the Maverick and the back seat room is great. The neat thing is the crew cab is only $1500 more than the king cab. That makes it a no-brainer. 6700lb Tow capacity and towing gas mileage??? My impression is that towing a 3500lb trailer will tax the EB2.0 pretty heavily and the mpg will be horrible. This is due to the fact of looking at the Ford Escape numbers being terrible. The Frontier would be more economical at towing IMO.

Driving it is sweet. It has a tilt steering wheel but no telescoping. Interior is a tad larger than a Maverick and the seats are very comfortable. I was caught in the FWD 4K tow debacle so I changed it to a hybrid. and will buy a Frontier to tow with. \

At this point there are Frontiers plenty at the Nissan dealerships. take one for a drive.

BGP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Frontier
Just seeing this...again. The 2022 Frontier is a beautiful vehicle. It is bolder and more aggressive looking than the Ranger or previous edition of the Frontier. It is a bit roomier than the Maverick and the back seat room is great. The neat thing is the crew cab is only $1500 more than the king cab. That makes it a no-brainer. 6700lb Tow capacity and towing gas mileage??? My impression is that towing a 3500lb trailer will tax the EB2.0 pretty heavily and the mpg will be horrible. This is due to the fact of looking at the Ford Escape numbers being terrible. The Frontier would be more economical at towing IMO.

Driving it is sweet. It has a tilt steering wheel but no telescoping. Interior is a tad larger than a Maverick and the seats are very comfortable. I was caught in the FWD 4K tow debacle so I changed it to a hybrid. and will buy a Frontier to tow with. \

At this point there are Frontiers plenty at the Nissan dealerships. take one for a drive.
Thanks very much for getting back with your impressions. I appreciate it.

Sponsored

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe you are the one missing the point. Everyone understands and knows what it is . but some of us push the limits and if it does not do what we want we move on. What you are basically seeming to say is that a new product can not be pinched poked and prodded. I have read numerous wishes about the interior... Well the interior is monolithic to keep price down, Not having AWD on the hybrid is getting some complaints also , etc.... Having a wish list is not a bad thing... that is what they built this truck on, a combined wish-list. but some things got left out. Maybe you missed what I wrote in my post " I will keep my place in line for the Maverick, change it over to a no-frills XLT hybrid and use it as my daily driver and get rid of the Honda Insight. " No one is knocking the car but only finding out what its abilities and limitations are.

So, it is not what is wanted for purpose #1 but it will fit purpose #2 perfectly. It is perfect enough that a paid-off vehicle is going to be replaced by a new $26,000 vehicle.
I didn't think he was knocking you. He was making a very valid point. This is designed with missing features specifically to push buyers into the larger class trucks. The higher towing and larger engines will never be put in the entry trucks. Ford is in business to make money. So I think I agree, it's strange to see people wishing for more than the current offering. But it is a wish list :)

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't think he was knocking you. He was making a very valid point. This is designed with missing features specifically to push buyers into the larger class trucks. The higher towing and larger engines will never be put in the entry trucks. Ford is in business to make money. So I think I agree, it's strange to see people wishing for more than the current offering. But it is a wish list :)
Actually I am agreeing with him, accept it(the Maverick) for what it is or move on. People wan't $20,000 truck with $35,000 amenities. Those with less money seem to complain the most about value. It all boils down to what the vehicle was designed for and what your needs are.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually I am agreeing with him, accept it(the Maverick) for what it is or move on. People wan't $20,000 truck with $35,000 amenities. Those with less money seem to complain the most about value. It all boils down to what the vehicle was designed for and what your needs are.

Yea - it's amazing the value the Maverick brings. I've been waiting 20 years for a front wheel drive truck.. and it hauls 1500lbs. It's in a segment to itself for now. If it were a mini F150 with all those capabilities I would assume the price would be around 40K In this case an all others you get what you pay for.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be a good comparison IMO. I think the Frontier 4door (not King Cab) has a smaller bed than the Maverick And we know the Hyundai only has a 4 foot bed. The Hyundai is priced (loaded) in Ridgeline pricing 44k. The base Santa Cruz starts at what I priced my XLT Lux Maverick for and I will get better fuel mileage.

Thoughts?
Another posting... Got it - yesterday - Rapid Red (gorgeous) 1st Ed, AWD, 4k tow CP360 etc. (Compare to Santa Cruz Limited) | MaverickTruckClub - 2022+ Ford Maverick Pickup Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yep
Sponsored