First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my Hybrid XLT truck Dec 15, 2021. This week I shopped around 2 places plus Ford Parts to get idea of what oil and a filter would cost. I was thinking I would get acquainted with the underside of my truck. I have only 5787 miles as of today and it also started displaying on the dash that an oil change is needed. Sounds reasonable after almost a year.

I asked the Dealer service department what it would cost to have them do it. $75.00 cost for parts and labor which also including rotating the tires. And they asked if I had enough Ford Points which I think I do so probably free. Wow.... reasonable for sure.

I was really surprised that their quote was pretty close to what a parts house wanted for Mobil 1 and filter which did not include a tire rotation.

At almost 74 years old with winter hear and a non-heated garage I will let the dealer do it and get to know my truck this spring.

This dealer got my truck in 97 days and no monkey business when I picked it up. Been good dealing with them. But like any service work on my cars or motorcycles that I have done I will double check some things they touched on my own. My dad taught me that when I was much younger.

For those of you who think I took too long to change the oil, I say so what, it's my truck. For those of you who hate Ford Dealerships, I say mine is top notch. Sorry yours wasn't. For everyone, Happy Holidays to all.
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds reasonable.. that’s around 15k points and you can check your point total on the Ford app. I have ~6500 miles on my Hybrid and have 36% oil life left. Ive got a fishing trip scheduled late December and will put my Maverick up on one of my lifts after that an perform the service.

Good luck

lanslide

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin Levesque
Threads
Reaction score
Website
klphotos.zenfolio.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat, Scrambler 1200XC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite ready for an oil change on my Maverick and I have the Ecoboost but my dealer wants $99.00 for an oil change, $199.00 if you want full synthetic oil. However, they include the first oil change for free.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

$199.00 for full synthetic? My local dealer charged me 80.00 for a full synthetic oil change, tire rotation and complimentary wash (which I declined) for my Maverick. Autonation Ford, which is about 200 miles from me, has a coupon for a full synthetic oil change and wiper blade replacement for $74.95. $199.00 sounds a bit steep.

OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got it done but it was not the quoted 75.00. Because of full synthetic oil they up the total cost to 89.65. still not too bad as I don' t have to deal recycling the oil and filter. I also used my Ford points. I had 37130 to start so service was 17932 leaving me enough to have the next service free also.

I asked when I picked it up what the torque on the lug nuts is. Told 149 ft pounds. I verified that when I got home. Manual recommends re-checking them after 100 miles driving (most manuals state to recheck) That is about the highest lug nut torque I can remember but Ok I have a 150 ft torque wrench.

Sponsored

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not quite ready for an oil change on my Maverick and I have the Ecoboost but my dealer wants $99.00 for an oil change, $199.00 if you want full synthetic oil. However, they include the first oil change for free.
The price you pay to live in California.

Car Nut

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Mavericks, 2015 Scion FRS, , 63 Lincoln, 85 Toy
Engine
Undecided
Oil and filter and tire rotation done last summer on my Maverick at a Ford stealership in western New York state. About $112. parts and labor.

Big Dog 85

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just had mine done Gridley country ford 68.79. With points still have plenty left for next time.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my first done last week at just over 10k miles. Cost my a little over 13k Ford points. They also did the engine fire recall.

I will let them do them when they come up in winters, and will pay with points. When the weather is nice, I will do it myself.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my Hybrid XLT truck Dec 15, 2021. This week I shopped around 2 places plus Ford Parts to get idea of what oil and a filter would cost. I was thinking I would get acquainted with the underside of my truck. I have only 5787 miles as of today and it also started displaying on the dash that an oil change is needed. Sounds reasonable after almost a year.

I asked the Dealer service department what it would cost to have them do it. $75.00 cost for parts and labor which also including rotating the tires. And they asked if I had enough Ford Points which I think I do so probably free. Wow.... reasonable for sure.

I was really surprised that their quote was pretty close to what a parts house wanted for Mobil 1 and filter which did not include a tire rotation.

At almost 74 years old with winter hear and a non-heated garage I will let the dealer do it and get to know my truck this spring.

This dealer got my truck in 97 days and no monkey business when I picked it up. Been good dealing with them. But like any service work on my cars or motorcycles that I have done I will double check some things they touched on my own. My dad taught me that when I was much younger.

For those of you who think I took too long to change the oil, I say so what, it's my truck. For those of you who hate Ford Dealerships, I say mine is top notch. Sorry yours wasn't. For everyone, Happy Holidays to all.
And the Bonus is they rotate your tires and dispose of the oil win win

Sponsored
OP
OP

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had mine done Gridley country ford 68.79. With points still have plenty left for next time.
Not sure what model you have but the Hybrid takes synthetic 0-20wt. I did see some other synthetic oils for around 30 dollars or so at Walmart. Mobil one synthetic is pretty pricy around here. Might look at Kirkland brand next time in Costco. The Ford spec is often printed on the bottles now.

After I use up my points, I.m not sure I want to do it myself because I really want to rotate the tires also. I don't like wrestling the tire rotation at my age (74) which I think is easily worth 20.00 just for that. So 89.65-20.00 =69.95 for oil change alone.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ford dealership across the street from where I work charges $49.99 for oil plus rotation. I drop it off and walk across to work. I wouldn't waste my time doing it myself for that price, especially with the stupid skid plate.

Big Dog 85

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi Bill
No mine is XLT eco boost

fwd.​

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what model you have but the Hybrid takes synthetic 0-20wt. I did see some other synthetic oils for around 30 dollars or so at Walmart. Mobil one synthetic is pretty pricy around here. Might look at Kirkland brand next time in Costco. The Ford spec is often printed on the bottles now.

After I use up my points, I.m not sure I want to do it myself because I really want to rotate the tires also. I don't like wrestling the tire rotation at my age (74) which I think is easily worth 20.00 just for that. So 89.65-20.00 =69.95 for oil change alone.
And you have to torque the lug nuts to 140lbs each
Sponsored