Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I still feel like it was an organ delivery vehicle. Or possibly some sort of professional Cannonballer. Actually that gives me an idea! Is a white Maverick XL hybrid with a 75 gallon fuel cell in the bed under a tonnauo cover the perfect Cannonball vehicle? Put a non descript "state" looking seal on the door and a small fleet number sticker on the bed and it will be invisible to police. It would not need to stop for fuel and could cruise through every state unnoticed.
Couldn't go fast enough, unless you could average 108mph plus in that Hybrid. It would be perfect to race an EV cross country though.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like they have some other interesting vehicles there, too. (y)
The mustang on the lift probably has the same milage haha

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It probably has a story to tell which would be interesting. In March of 2014 I bought a 2011 Subaru Forester with 163,000 miles on it. It also went through an auction before the lot I bought it from but did track down the original use and it was owned by a cattle breeding business. The bulk of the interior, light gray, was surprisingly clean, but inside the rear hatch and behind the rear seat, it was pretty beat up. That was apparently where the action was. The rear passenger doors were even still stiff, apparently little used. I thought mine was always on the move but couldn't hold a candle to this one.
So they bred the cattle in the cargo area of a Forester? I know they are spacious, but....

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps the excessive miles weren’t actually driven, but instead caused by some technology so advanced as to be unknown on earth...it could be that during the historical gaps in ownership the vehicle was “missing”…just saying.

Ford Maverick I went to see the 112,000 mile Maverick! Wear & tear condition report. 1 PDP3879ijtv7CwbuWlsTtw

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Couldn't go fast enough, unless you could average 108mph plus in that Hybrid. It would be perfect to race an EV cross country though.
Until the batteries died and it took ?? Hours to recharge

Sponsored

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does that calculate to around 300 miles a day 7 days a week. I would be exhausted.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps the excessive miles weren’t actually driven, but instead caused by some technology so advanced as to be unknown on earth...it could be that during the historical gaps in ownership the vehicle was “missing”…just saying.

1 PDP3879ijtv7CwbuWlsTtw.jpeg
Finally an UFO in MTC thread about time!!

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm guessing a specialized package or document delivery service. Years ago when cameras used film, I worked in a camera store and there was someone who drove from Dallas to Austin and back daily for Kodak film processing lab for pickup and delivery. Stopped at camera stores along the way.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No, but some people are so damn anxious to get their Mav's that they'll do craziest things.
The wait and the lack of good information drives us nuts.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont know how an EV could do it in any decent time without a helluva solar trailer?
As for the fastest record time thats kindof irrelevant to what it really is. A record attempt isnt a race. Forward spotters and such like some have used is really a race either. Any cannonball should be done with competition and comeradery on the road. With weather, event traffic, and everything from wildlife migration to drunk driving checkpoints. Pure records could be thwarted anywhere along the way. But a race, a real race like the 5 ones in the 70s is the only way to do it properly.
Sponsored