First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V & firebird T/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
after i placed my order in 2021, I ventured out to check out the SC. I wasn’t impressed and found it to be a SUV with the back cut out. once sitting inside the SC it seemed to be cramped with the warp around dash. The ridgeline had the bed storage they copied . As for Mav’s doors just don’t slam they shut…. The Mav’s a truck and the SC is a Frazier car for antiquing
Sponsored

Azmkat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT EB 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the Santa Cruz manual....the max you can haul in the bed is not too exceed 661 lbs. (bold print warning in the manual). So about half what you can haul in the Maverick. So don't be fooled by the SC's 1,411 lb. payload - the majority of that weight will have to be in the cab with you. And prepare to get honked at ;) ....Hyundai says to stay 60mph or less when towing (45 or less on uphill grades). Maverick is 70mph. Above sea level, you'll need to subtract 10% of your trailer weight for every 1000ft of elevation with the Santa Cruz (2% with Maverick).

JimmyH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT; 2023 Kia Sorento EX Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats. I did the same thing after reading about the Maverick ordering nightmares. I got the SEL non turbo and getting 30 mpg on my daily drive.
30mpg sounds good. FWD or AWD? Flat lands or hilly?

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just out of curiosity, I looked at the Santa Cruz manual....the max you can haul in the bed is not too exceed 661 lbs. (bold print warning in the manual). So about half what you can haul in the Maverick. So don't be fooled by the SC's 1,411 lb. payload - the majority of that weight will have to be in the cab with you. And prepare to get honked at ;) ....Hyundai says to stay 60mph or less when towing (45 or less on uphill grades). Maverick is 70mph. Above sea level, you'll need to subtract 10% of your trailer weight for every 1000ft of elevation with the Santa Cruz (2% with Maverick).
Vehicle capacity weight Santa Cruz is 1411 lbs to 1609 lbs based on trim and powertrain. Towing is 3500 lbs to 5000 lbs.

Similar to Maverick.

Cphil0909

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy Camaro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
30mpg sounds good. FWD or AWD? Flat lands or hilly?
All flat. No hills here in Southern Florida. SEL FWD non turbo.
Sponsored

Last edited: