2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually... yeah you could.
The deal is usually considered to be consummated when you drive off the property.
In which state, as opposed to when money and keys are exchanged?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there for 1 hr. They had all the time and resources to figure out the real value. By saying the Msrp is 23k and they canā€™t give me more than that after 1 hr is horse shit

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they've signed it, the dealer is SOL. They can say anything they want after the fact, but the only way they're getting out of the deal is if they convince you to agree.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You won't believe what just happened. After signing the paper work and everything. Booked my Lyft to leave the dealership. The GM ran out and got me back in. They said they couldn't honor the deal. I was like WTF? I signed the papers. He said he would have to lower the price because some other GM gave me an incorrect offer. He couldn't sell it more than the MSRP. He said he would have to shred the agreement. I'm like whatever I'm going to find a lawyer and seek legal action. This is a breach of contract. Good thing I still have a copy of the signed document. This is Tidwell Ford in Kenessaw Georgia. Shady assholes.
"He couldn't sell it more than the MSRP." ??? There are a lot of dealers with very high adjusted market values for used Mavericks. 5-10K is pretty common.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It doesnā€™t matter. Whatever the excuse was. A signed contract is a legal binding document. Iā€™m gonna push this as far as I can in the legal process.
Go up the chain with the dealer. They won't pursue this it's a loser.

Deleted member 17973

Once again:

If the vehicle is financed, simply cashing the check does not complete the deal.

It is not done until the vehicle is paid off.

You are not disagreeing with this, nor stating anything contradictory, yet indicating you are. Thus you don't seem to understand.
Ugh. How many contracts have you done in your life. I have done thousands. The contract completed the deal, not the check or the payoff. The contract stipulates the terms of the deal and actions of each party thereof.

Paying off the loan or cashing the check is not of consequence per se. Said differently, if the dealer paid off the vehicle and the customer NEVER cashed the check, the has ZERO effect on the contract's legal effect.

Most people understand the above, but you seem to be having difficulty understanding it and I'm sorry about that. Unless the contract specifically states that the lack of action in cashing a check or paying off a loan nullifies the contract, the specific (post contractual obligations) are NOT (on their face) prerequisites for the parties to "complete" the deal. Perhaps they would be in lieu of a signed contract, but OP says he has a signed contract.

The deal is completed when the contract is signed. Obligations are a matter then to be adjudicated if they are not to terms of the contract. Otherwise, you'd have obligations to complete before a contract was considered binding, which makes no sense. Do you pay for a car and then hope the dealer signs it over to you? Do you pay for a house and hope you get a contract signed to complete the deal?

Hopefully, you now understand the point. OP has sold his vehicle. Under said sale, OP has obligation to surrender said vehicle. Dealer has obligation to pay off loan if applicable and give OP the difference in a check whether now or later once final payoff is determined. Full Stop.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What premium (above MSPR + tax) did they offer? The used market has softened a bit.
Also I think ford dealers may have a policy not to purchase above MSRF on tehir used. At least this is what I experienced locally at 2 dealers.
Based on what you wrote the dealer's behavior is quite odd.

Last edited:
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ugh. How many contracts have you done in your life. I have done thousands. The contract completed the deal, not the check or the payoff. The contract stipulates the terms of the deal and actions of each party thereof.

Paying off the loan or cashing the check is not of consequence per se. Said differently, if the dealer paid off the vehicle and the customer NEVER cashed the check, the has ZERO effect on the contract's legal effect.

Most people understand the above, but you seem to be having difficulty understanding it and I'm sorry about that. Unless the contract specifically states that the lack of action in cashing a check or paying off a loan nullifies the contract, the specific (post contractual obligations) are NOT (on their face) prerequisites for the parties to "complete" the deal. Perhaps they would be in lieu of a signed contract, but OP says he has a signed contract.

The deal is completed when the contract is signed. Obligations are a matter then to be adjudicated if they are not to terms of the contract. Otherwise, you'd have obligations to complete before a contract was considered binding, which makes no sense. Do you pay for a car and then hope the dealer signs it over to you? Do you pay for a house and hope you get a contract signed to complete the deal?

Hopefully, you now understand the point. OP has sold his vehicle. Under said sale, OP has obligation to surrender said vehicle. Dealer has obligation to pay off loan if applicable and give OP the difference in a check whether now or later once final payoff is determined. Full Stop.
You and jsus are arguing semantics. The contract is complete and, short of some sort of deception or mitigating factor rendering the contract void, fully executed. I believe what jsus is trying to say is that until full funding per the terms of the contract is satisfied the "deal" is not done because there are actions still required to occur to fulfill the contract. If the dealer decided to cancel the check, or not pay off the vehicle, then there would be further action required. It is not likely, but it is possible. So really it is a matter of semantics on when a person considers the "deal done" (which is not a legal definition). Is it when the contract is fully executed or when the terms of the contract are fulfilled?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was there for 1 hr. They had all the time and resources to figure out the real value. By saying the Msrp is 23k and they canā€™t give me more than that after 1 hr is horse shit
Curious why you were selling it to a dealer instead of private party? If you ever hired a lawyer before you know they are hours billing factories 1st & foremost and you'll be out $ thousands no matter the eventual outcome. They win, you lose- more than the profit you would have made on the Maverick selling it.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But making that profit is just some sweet apple pie

BB5DBE64-7A55-42F2-B24B-256F8C1BBBCC.jpeg

1045AC25-7B9E-4D7B-87A4-39491F60E65D.jpeg
You..son..of...a.....THAT IS MY BUILD!!!!!

But I can't fault you my man. Take the bag. Good for you.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.