Sponsored

I ordered a Santa Cruz… should I still order a Maverick in Sep?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I got tired of hearing about the horror stories of Ford’s entire car ordering program, and put a deposit down on a Santa Cruz SEL Premium. The turbocharged one. I’m excited and all for it, but for some reason the Maverick still calls to me. If I were to place an order on a 2023 Mav, I would go for exactly what I want, which is the lariat lux hybrid. I’d choose the hybrid Mav over a turbo Mav or turbo Cruz any day if all were offered to me in a reasonable amount of time. My question is—would it be a waste of everyone’s time if I were to still place an order on a lariat lux hybrid this September? What are the chances that the hybrid Mav beats my Santa Cruz to delivery?
B574EFD3-0703-44BE-9B54-52370386F639.jpeg

That‘s the Cruz I “ordered“. That fuel economy deeply offends me.
That's the MPG I get on my 2002 4runner
Sponsored

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick is the vehicle you really want. I also think the hybrid would cut your fuel cost in half which would probably make you smile each time you fill up.

I have a hybrid mav and could not be happier with it. It is the perfect vehicle for my needs. However, I think people are discounting the fact that the SC is really a different vehicle much like the Ridgeline is different. Everything about the SC feels more premium and higher quality. Ford did a great job getting to a price point, but they got to that price point by being very frugal wherever they could. Press on an SC door panel and then do the same on a mav. Press on the hood and then do the same on a mav.

For me, I don't value those things, but if someone does, the SC would be a more premium vehicle.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was the First Edition $4k more?
My Hybrid Lariat Lux was $30,865.
I ordered mine completely loaded: Lariat Lux Package, Co-Pilot360, FE Package, Rapid Red Tri-Coat Point, Weather Floor Mats with Carpeted Mats (2 separate items), Touchlink, & Tailgate Lock. Total add-ons: $6,805 .... add the disgustingly high Dest & Del fee of $1495, and it came to $34,160 (price correction, not $34,600 as stated previously).

Value added as it's still less than an equivalently loaded truck or car using hybrid technology.

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a SUV (Edge) just like the SC, it has a front end made to look like the F-150, this front end does not make it any more of a truck then the SC, just saying..
It sure looks more like a truck then the SC and thats a big factor in peoples decision.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I got tired of hearing about the horror stories of Ford’s entire car ordering program, and put a deposit down on a Santa Cruz SEL Premium. The turbocharged one. I’m excited and all for it, but for some reason the Maverick still calls to me. If I were to place an order on a 2023 Mav, I would go for exactly what I want, which is the lariat lux hybrid. I’d choose the hybrid Mav over a turbo Mav or turbo Cruz any day if all were offered to me in a reasonable amount of time. My question is—would it be a waste of everyone’s time if I were to still place an order on a lariat lux hybrid this September? What are the chances that the hybrid Mav beats my Santa Cruz to delivery?
B574EFD3-0703-44BE-9B54-52370386F639.jpeg

That‘s the Cruz I “ordered“. That fuel economy deeply offends me.
Absolutely not

Enjoy your Sc

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered mine completely loaded: Lariat Lux Package, Co-Pilot360, FE Package, Rapid Red Tri-Coat Point, Weather Floor Mats with Carpeted Mats (2 separate items), Touchlink, & Tailgate Lock. Total add-ons: $6,805 .... add the disgustingly high Dest & Del fee of $1495, and it came to $34,160 (price correction, not $34,600 as stated previously).

Value added as it's still less than an equivalently loaded truck or car using hybrid technology.
The FE package was $1495. My hybrid FE had a sticker of $33250 which included Lariat Lux, Co-Pilot 360 and FE package as options.

Dukewagon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hell yea. I love my Maverick (Gray ecoboost XLT)

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was of the impression Hyundai does not do custom/special orders for the Santa Cruz?, it just makes what it feels like and ships them to the dealers. So getting exactly the package, options and color you want is more random luck and could be a minute
I looked at the SC in January and they were definitely willing to let me order one. Might change dealer to dealer. I know my Kia dealer said no orders. My wife didn't like the SC but really likes the look of the Mav. Thus I ordered an eco in January. Impatiently waiting.
Sponsored