Sponsored

I need a dealer that is legitimate - located in Florida?

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • Banned
I have had an order in place - won't mention the dealer - since 08/24/21 ... and they sent me an updated DORA today with a small add-on fee. I inquired about it and called out legitimacy in the matter... they cancelled my order as a result.

I need one decent and good dealership that is not playing for a "Participation Trophy"? 1st Edition, Rapid Red, 4K Tow package. Any ideas?
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I have had an order in place - won't mention the dealer - since 08/24/21 ... and they sent me an updated DORA today with a small add-on fee. I inquired about it and called out legitimacy in the matter... they cancelled my order as a result.

I need one decent and good dealership that is not playing for a "Participation Trophy"? 1st Edition, Rapid Red, 4K Tow package. Any ideas?
One of the posters from South FL said he got his in St Augustine or Jacksonville. Don't remember the name. I think it's in the Florida Thread.

I'm getting mine from Chapman Ford in PA for 4% below invoice. I think he's at 3% now. Just checked, yep, 3% below invoice @Dealerinsider . You can fly to TTN for $38 one-way out of TPA. Then either drive it home or drive to Lorton VA and put you and the truck on the Amtrak Auto Train to Sanford. Saves around 600 miles of driving. Worth considering.

Ford Maverick I need a dealer that is legitimate - located in Florida? Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 20.09.34

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick

I'm working with Pines Ford in Pembroke Pines. Each order was at cost, nothing weird attached. They do charge a dealership fee. I cancelled my Maverick order but I'm buying an F150 tomorrow and on that deal there's no fluff either. Adam and Ericka (Fleet Manager) has been very helpful.

Crazy

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain

Mullinax near Orlando has minimal fees and is a big dealer.

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
I'll be honest if I was them I wouldn't worry about dealing with someone arguing over a small fee as you put it. Why deal with someone who wants to argue over a few bucks when you have a product that is selling fast enough that ford won't even produce stock vehicles atm. I mean I'm not gonna make less on what I'm selling for one person when I can turn to the next and sell at full value... you may find a deal and I hope you do but my opinion your causing yourself more aggravation than is worth.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD

I thought you had an order with Chapman Auto Group? Are you referencing their doc fees?

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased thru Veterans Ford in Tampa. They charge MSRP (Ford Web Price) and some dealer fees. It's fair enough for me. I intend to use them for future service/warranty so I am okay with them making a little money on the transaction. They have so many names for it - It used to be called "dealer prep and delivery" fees. Of course there is invoice price and rebates that they make money on too. We are capitalists, everyone needs to turn a profit to continue in business. They have to pay employees to to do all kinds of jobs.
If you buy from one dealer and ship to another, don't expect them to prep your vehicle or be over-friendly. They will likely have you sign something and hand you a key.
Each time you place an order with a dealer and "cancel", they are gaining a build for their dealership stock. They are not canceling your order, just sucking it up for the dealership. The lowest price = latest delivery? Allocations? Dealers can't order stock Hybrids? If you have an order, you should keep it. You will be upset when you see your truck(s) for sale on their lot in a couple of months, likely for more $$.
What dealer is going to service/warranty your truck in the future? My advice is to accept that they need to make some money and consider your future relations with them.
I believe we will see a lot of builds scheduled in the next few weeks. Think positive!

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought you had an order with Chapman Auto Group? Are you referencing their doc fees?
Lol if he placed an order at 4% below invoice and is complaining over some doc fees or even a dealership fee I mean wow.... still a few grand better than anything in Florida. Feel like someone is trolling dealerships.

Reactions: JJC

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Bozard Ford in St. Augustine. I made "reservations" at SIX south Florida dealers to see where I'd get the best deal and they were all scumbags. Bozard got my deal done in one day, all via text/email.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol if he placed an order at 4% below invoice and is complaining over some doc fees or even a dealership fee I mean wow.... still a few grand better than anything in Florida. Feel like someone is trolling dealerships.
So isn't this like the 4th dealership that's turned down dealing with you?
I would "LOL" but it is the 4th; I am in sales, I listen to my customer concerns and enter into discussions to relieve questions and or obstacles. I can tell you this... each and every one of these dealerships has responded with lack of courtesy to explain or provide details as requested. And details, were not out of the norm requests...

Yes, I have egg on my face - but I learned that if this dealership was willing to add a fee now, and not explain it at all... then they would be more than likely adding more fees - holding the New Vehicle for ransom, so to speak - at the time of delivery.

Enough said... thanks for the response, it keeps me humble.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would "LOL" but it is the 4th; I am in sales, I listen to my customer concerns and enter into discussions to relieve questions and or obstacles. I can tell you this... each and every one of these dealerships has responded with lack of courtesy to explain or provide details as requested. And details, were not out of the norm requests...

Yes, I have egg on my face - but I learned that if this dealership was willing to add a fee now, and not explain it at all... then they would be more than likely adding more fees - holding the New Vehicle for ransom, so to speak - at the time of delivery.

Enough said... thanks for the response, it keeps me humble.
If you had a written agreement, then you can hold them to it in a court of law. I am not a lawyer and have no legal skills... but a dealer in WI sold to someone else a vehicle my sister & BIL had purchased, and the got them to find an equivalent vehicle at no increase in cost. (newer, actually)
If a dealer tries to pull a fast one, then they should be prepared to take what comes.
tom

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you had a written agreement, then you can hold them to it in a court of law. I am not a lawyer and have no legal skills... but a dealer in WI sold to someone else a vehicle my sister & BIL had purchased, and the got them to find an equivalent vehicle at no increase in cost. (newer, actually)
If a dealer tries to pull a fast one, then they should be prepared to take what comes.
tom
Yea across so many state lines, courts & legal fees - I would spend more trying to hold that dealership to the fire than it would be worth.

What stymies me is the lack of effort and work to professionally respond to a client request. ... enough said.

OP
OP
WasChops

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
04mach146
I agree with you, the amount and the impact on the total overall cost, in "hind sight" was not worth losing the position in queue nor the increase I will now pay. However, integrity is key - if this dealership was able to add on a fee without pointing it out and no explanation... what other "add- on fees" were forthcoming? To that end, I am glad to be done with this dealership.

Problem now, all other dealerships are at MSRP and have the same "door to charge add-on fees" as the transaction comes to a close. Quite succinctly this all sucks!

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04mach146
I agree with you, the amount and the impact on the total overall cost, in "hind sight" was not worth losing the position in queue nor the increase I will now pay. However, integrity is key - if this dealership was able to add on a fee without pointing it out and no explanation... what other "add- on fees" were forthcoming? To that end, I am glad to be done with this dealership.

Problem now, all other dealerships are at MSRP and have the same "door to charge add-on fees" as the transaction comes to a close. Quite succinctly this all sucks!
We can be our own worst enemy sometimes over thinking things Or in the name of pride or integrity. Mines scheduled to be built soon and im paying full msrp and some dealership fees but I'm content. Part of the buying new with no leverage.
Sponsored