First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should I still add the protective film to the hood and fenders after ceramic coating installation?
Interesting question - you'd think no but for $10 (6 inches wide by 20 feet roll) you can get film from Amazon and I put it on front bumper over the ceramic coating and all areas on front of Maverick where fine sand, bugs, etc beat up the paint. Apply it easily with a water bottle sprayer and hair dryer or better with a heat gun if you have one, and it is very near invisible. When it gets beat, up wet it again and add little heat and it pulls right off to be easily replaced,. Film will last for years. Highly recommend. Worked so well ordered another roll and will do the front hood edge to keep bugs and sand debris off hood.

I would have taken a picture but you literally cannot see the film with a camera when it's applied.

I sell software for a living...have easily a 100+ automated car washes as customer and they admit most higher end car owners in the know (Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette. etc), will rarely use their car washes, especially when they've been ceramic coated or professionally detailed.
Sponsored

cosmo67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting question - you'd think no but for $10 (6 inches wide by 20 feet roll) you can get film from Amazon and I put it on front bumper over the ceramic coating and all areas on front of Maverick where fine sand, bugs, etc beat up the paint. Apply it easily with a water bottle sprayer and hair dryer or better with a heat gun if you have one, and it is very near invisible. When it gets beat, up wet it again and add little heat and it pulls right off to be easily replaced,. Film will last for years. Highly recommend. Worked so well ordered another roll and will do the front hood edge to keep bugs and sand debris off hood.

I would have taken a picture but you literally cannot see the film with a camera when it's applied.

I sell software for a living...have easily a 100+ automated car washes as customer and they admit most higher end car owners in the know (Porsche, Ferrari, Corvette. etc), will rarely use their car washes, especially when they've been ceramic coated or professionally detailed.
Okay. Thank you for the information. Very helpful

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To ad to this, when you do ceramic coat you'll want to be sure to use the right soap when washing your car.

All soaps 'work', but some will also damage or strip the ceramic coating. I was always told to use PH neutral soap or stuff specifically made for ceramic coated vehicles. Dish soap and some auto-specific soaps will definitely shorten the life of your coating DRAMATICALLY... I'd suspect most car washes use soap not recommended for a ceramic coating.
Exactly right. MOST ALL car washes recycle their car washing water and use high levels of recycled water and soap to high pressure washing...stripping off waxes and ceramic coating.

generalmgr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My baby just got ceramic coating; the mirror shot says it all! They took tons of photos throughout the process. The Alto Blue color changing properties are so much more obvious. Taylor does awesome work. Thank you Fine Touch Detailing! I'm not sure if it is appropriate to share, but they did such a fantastic job. Professional Auto Detailing Services at Fine Touch Detailing: Clean and Protect Your Vehicle

Front View.jpg

Front Passenger Side View.jpg

Mirror Finish.jpg
Still shiny even after driving in the rain 😁
Ford Maverick I love baby truck! Ceramic coating done IMG_0785

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just Ceramic/graphene coated my Cyber Orange Maverick last night. I did all the paint, black plastic, and used Perma shine on the tires. Super happy with the outcome

Ford Maverick I love baby truck! Ceramic coating done 20231110_141041_resized

Ford Maverick I love baby truck! Ceramic coating done 20231110_140811_resized

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good eye. Yes. Minor scrape in the parking garage. We all have our moment.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My baby just got ceramic coating; the mirror shot says it all! They took tons of photos throughout the process. The Alto Blue color changing properties are so much more obvious. Taylor does awesome work. Thank you Fine Touch Detailing! I'm not sure if it is appropriate to share, but they did such a fantastic job. Professional Auto Detailing Services at Fine Touch Detailing: Clean and Protect Your Vehicle

Front View.jpg

Front Passenger Side View.jpg

Mirror Finish.jpg
What I had to wear to look at your truck

Ford Maverick I love baby truck! Ceramic coating done moon helmet

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The shine is pretty amazing on the alto blue. I am wondering what type of results I would get coating an oxford white Mav? White doesn't have the depth a dark color does. Right now I use a quick detailer after washing and there is a difference. Anyone ceramic coated white?
I have seen the white with a ceramic coat, it does have a bit more of a gloss look to it afterward!

Sponsored

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about car washes? How do they affect the ceramic coating?
You can take a ceramic coated vehicle through the wash, but it wont last as long. but if you do go through a car wash make sure its a touchless carwash, its alot nicer than the brush washers on your ceramic and paint

Sarah Davis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The instructions I got form my detailer when he did my ceramic coat was to hand wash bi-weekly, 2 bucket method and dry normally. I don’t think drying by hand with an appropriate microfiber will wear down the coating.
drying with a microfiber will not harm ceramic coating, if you dont want to blow it dry a clean shammy with a micro fiber follow up is great for drying.

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did mine too nothing beats a professional ceramic coating for sure. Black mirror driving down the road.

IMG_20230816_173608281_HDR~2.jpg

image.jpg
If you don't mind me asking what does this normally cost to have someone do? How long does it last.

Dslaughterbeck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you don't mind me asking what does this normally cost to have someone do? How long does it last.
Expect to pay someone around 2k$ you can do it yourself for a few hundred, but expect a lot of work there is a lot of preparation to get it ready for application, told me I won't need to wax for 7 years.

OP
OP
Sonya M

Sonya M

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sonya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Expect to pay someone around 2k$ you can do it yourself for a few hundred, but expect a lot of work there is a lot of preparation to get it ready for application, told me I won't need to wax for 7 years.
$1800 - but I went for the best with a 10 year warranty. There was another shop tried to sell me something similar for $3500 with only a 5 year warranty. Check reviews, ask your friends for recommendation.
Sponsored