NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i am going to cancel my 2022 Maverick, thinking about going for 2022 Ranger.
Ranger starts at $26,000. Tim Bartz, @fordvideoguy would know if you can still order a 2022 and when orders can be placed for a 2023. If there was a Ranger hybrid for $23,000, I would have ordered one of those.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Barbara Hollar

Barbara Hollar

First Name
Me n my mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
there is a ranger i have my eyes on (it is at dealer's lot), I will check it out soon.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure you can even order a 2022 Ranger anymore, and even if you could- you are back to waiting! 🙃 Surely you know the current Ranger is an 11 year old platform that is being replaced by a new generation for the 23/24 model whenever it is released? I'm very curious to see what the new Ranger looks and drives like, but it appears to be about 1 year away from introduction in North America.
Salty people dont generally think as rationally as you ask them to

Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me its not the wait but the mark up that ford allows on ordered vehicles, just lost any respect for a company like that.
This isn't ford specific. This is a dealer thing and every brand is having issues with in demand vehicles. Shit you can't even order some cars without agreeing to 10k over.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are positives and negatives to both. I've driven a Santa Cruz SEL (non-turbo) AWD and a Maverick ecoboost AWD.

Interior: Santa Cruz looks more upscale for sure. Love the cloth seats in the SC. Maverick is more basic and bare bones and looks cheaper. BUT the Maverick interior looks more spacious because it doesn't have that larger taller middle console between the front seats. SC back seat legroom seemed smaller, but the split rear bench makes it so you can access under seat cargo easier.

Outward visibility: In the SC you sit up higher over the hood and the hood slopes more from your forward vision vs. the maverick where you are looking slightly over the hood in your lower sight line. I prefer the SC in this respect. The Maverick though has better side view as the side windows are larger. No contest in the rear. The SC rear windows sacrificed view for passengers with the sloped windows, in favor of styling. Backwindow view is better in Maverick also as bed sits lower.

Performance: No contest. The 2.5L non-turbo SC does a 0-60 in about 8.5 secs compared to eco boost Mavericks of around 6.5 secs (without tow pkg). To get the 2.5l turbo in the SC you have to move up to the SEL Premium pkg which costs about $36k. You can get a ecoboost Maverick for about 10K less.

Gas mileage: The Ecoboost Maverick gets better mpg than even the non-turbo SC with lots more power. The Hybrid, well blows the SC out of the water of course.

Bed: The Maverick has a steel bed. The Santa Cruz is sheet composite. The Maverick tailgate has a 400lb weight limit, the Santa Cruz a measley 200lbs. This is the total recommended weight you can set on just the tailgate in the down position. A big selling point for the SC is the compartment built in the bed. Not a big deal really as it isn't that deep. Why didn't Ford do the same? Cost probably, but also if they did, a full size spare probably wouldn't have fit under the bed. The SC comes with a convenience spare only.

Size: The Maverick and the SC are about the same size overall. The Santa Cruz isn't smaller really as some suggest. The Maverick is 4" longer and has a 2.8" longer wheel base. The Maverick is about 2" taller also. But the Santa Cruz is 2.6" wider. So really just comes down to a few inches difference.

Towing: The Maverick comes with an tow package and integrated tow hook in the rear bumper.. The Santa Cruz has to be fitted with a tow hook as an accessory that hangs down below the rear bumper. A brake controller isn't offered either if you want one you have to go aftermarket.
hook.

Aftermarket: The Maverick has wayyyy more aftermarket accessories at the moment. Perhaps that will change for the SC in the future. Depends.

All comes down to what fits your needs and preference.
Pretty solid break down. The Maverick to me seems like the car for prior truck guys looking to downsize. The SC is for CUV/car people looking for a bed.

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
This isn't ford specific. This is a dealer thing and every brand is having issues with in demand vehicles. Shit you can't even order some cars without agreeing to 10k over.
No this is a ford thing. Most others don't have custom orders. I haven't found any of the other brands that custom order that I have been shopping for.

Milton Jeff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2 DR Wrangler (Current)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No this is a ford thing. Most others don't have custom orders. I haven't found any of the other brands that custom order that I have been shopping for.
Not sure if it is the same in the US but expect so. Here is Canada, virtually ALL dealers have custom orders for any in demand vehicles. My son waited 5 months for his Tundra, my coworker 7 for his Honda CRV, same with a RAV4. Seems like dealers have an odd lower trim available on the lot but anything in a higher trim with options are a number of months wait. I have no personal knowledge but 100K+ vehicle orders are 1 yr plus.

Sponsored

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
What else have you been looking for? Seems odd they won't let you custom order, I've never heard that before.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most companies have a allocation match thing. Where you match with what they already built. Regardless, my point is that orders are not being submitted with markups already attached and or the mark up comes after its in. /askcarsales on reddit is littered with post daily from different manufacturers having this same thing happen.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL

Cannedtunafishisgood

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
What else have you been looking for? Seems odd they won't let you custom order, I've never heard that before.
I shopped for Hyundai, Honda, Chevy, Kia and Toyota and all direct you to dealers inventory. So I haven't seen any company that says this is your vehicle that goes as far as taking you personal information. If they mark up dealer inventory that's fine but once you give them personal information for an order, that is where it crosses the line to mark up.
Sponsored