psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How did you get it to open the garage? My says it can't open the garage door, only close it.
I don't know. As it was stated earlier it has more to do with the MyQ being associated with Apple HomeKit then my automation. I deleted my automation and it still works.

I don't know how tech savvy you are. My MyQ device is not HomeKit compatible so I have to go through a program called HomeBridge to get it to work. I followed a few tutorials and it works. I don't really know how.
Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve been using MyQ w bridge (2 years old)and testing out wireless adapter (Car2Play). As soon as I get into my neighborhood, the garage door appears in car play and opens. Head Unit is Pioneer AVIC-8200 about 5 years old.

JustDoIt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Rubicon, '17 JKU Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So to clarify... this works when you have MyQ device + homekit hub (Apple TV should work)..

Yes?

oreomuffin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So to clarify... this works when you have MyQ device + homekit hub (Apple TV should work)..

Yes?
You need a MyQ device, the home bridge (pictured), and an AppleTV. Unfortunately, they have discontinued the Home Bridge but it's still supported and it looks like you can still find them online.

Ford Maverick I have a CarPlay garage door opener working on my Maverick using MyQ App + iPhone. Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 6.38.11 AM

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, and to think I haven't got around to replacing my three button garage opener I left in my RAV4 I sold 3.5 years ago, just live with one!
Sponsored