Sponsored

I get hi-beam flashed from on coming traffic all the time?

papa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I typically drive without the need of turning on hi-beam. Its always from cars not SUV or Truck.
Is it the location of lights? I thought headlamps were aimed in such away to reduce glare/intensity for on coming vehicles?
Sponsored

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, Maverick have the widest throw of any vehicle I have been on either side of. Very bright to look at but not in usage. Auto highbeems are default and usually turn off and on correctly most of the times but slow on turns and stops to switch between on and off.

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

papa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes I disabled the auto hi beam feature almost immediately. Don't like it.
Thx for the share, I'm not alone!!

Sponsored

Goose201

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I typically drive without the need of turning on hi-beam. Its always from cars not SUV or Truck.
Is it the location of lights? I thought headlamps were aimed in such away to reduce glare/intensity for on coming vehicles?
Just people showing appreciation for your sweet vehicle I'm sure

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot of drivers are just dumbasses.
Also, your headlights may be adjusted/aimed wrong?

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everything plus a lot of things no one needed to know. sort the opinions at your own risk.
You got it! It will probably be repeated in this thread too. People do it over and over again.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have not experienced any issue with high beam flashing. Both of my trucks have the automatic high beam sensors active and it seems to work well. Other than when in town or on lighted residential streets then it wants to switch high to low or visa versa too frequently.

As for beam alignment, they seem to be spot on.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, I like the auto high beams a lot. They seem very consistent, and I don't think I've been flashed once in nearly a year of ownership. Maybe yours are out of adjustment? 🤔

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, I like the auto high beams a lot. They seem very consistent, and I don't think I've been flashed once in nearly a year of ownership. Maybe yours are out of adjustment? 🤔
Same, love the auto high beams. I've only been flashed(with brights) once in the 9 months I've driven my Maverick.

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) says that the Maverick low beams have a glare problem.

https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/ford/maverick-crew-cab-pickup/2022

“Low beams”
“On the straightaway, visibility was good on both sides of the road. On curves, visibility was good on the sharp right curve and fair on the gradual right and both left curves. The low beams created some glare.”

“Amount glare exceeded threshold 21.7%”

2seater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Reatta, Ford Ranger, Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have my Maverick, yet, so I have no way to test, but what do the headlights look like projected on a flat surface, like maybe a garage door at 20 feet or so? Does it have a sharp horizontal cut off line and relatively dark above that or is there light scatter above the cutoff?? I know I have become more sensitive to light dazzle as I get older and especially bad now after a hi tech lens replacement for a cataract repair. Blu blockers help a little but not a cure for me.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm betting your right. The intensity of new bulbs, even at low beam is strong, and the height of the beam is at eye level for the driver of a car. Not the case for someone in a truck, suv or minivan.

My first car had single low and high beam headlights that weren't halogen. No one would flash me when I took to driving with my high beams on. So many other newer cars at the time had sealed halogen beams and they were so much brighter.

I have been flashed with my low beams on driving a 15' Jeep Renegade. You guessed it, by a car. Those headlights are at eye level for drivers of those.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I notice this a lot.

I truly think it is the switch from incandescents to LED lights.

LED's are great if you are the one IN the vehicle. Sucks for everyone else.

It's not just me.
Some report (dang if I know where, I read a lot) says headlamps are like 80% brighter now than 20 years ago.

Kind of evolved slowly over time and kinda crept up on people.

Put an incandescent car next to an LED car today, and there is a DRAMATIC difference.

Even the damn tail lamps are burning my retinas now. How many of you get "ghost dots" in your eyes from those LED stop lamps when close to someone at a stop lamp?
Sponsored