First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is unethical to put in ghost orders because it causes others to lose a chance. If several schedule the same time the dealers will take them and mark them up. If you don't want to play the game fairly then don't play the game.
While I certainly agree with you and would never do this myself. I do understand why people do it. Fords lack of transparency, dealers playing games etc. Sometimes nice guys finish last. When you place an order and it is accepted you should expect to get it. Not waiting months only to find out you are SOL.
Sponsored

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I certainly agree with you and would never do this myself. I do understand why people do it. Fords lack of transparency, dealers playing games etc. Sometimes nice guys finish last. When you place an order and it is accepted you should expect to get it. Not waiting months only to find out you are SOL.
Ford created this ordering mess. You do what you have to do to get a truck, even if you have to make multiple orders. Sometimes, nice guys finish last because they just sit back and arenā€™t proactive.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't disagree but still would never do it. Just think it adds to the problems.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think people overlook this. Allocation is king, but it is also what Ford is looking for when that allocation comes up. You could be otherwise next in line, but if Ford isn't looking for what you have, they will skip it to grab an order that matches what they are looking for.

But that still eats that dealership's allocation. Meaning that if that dealership never gets another allocation, your truck never gets built because a truck that more matched what Ford was looking for that week was selected over yours.

Every truck built for a dealership is one less opportunity for your order to be selected. If you want a Maverick and aren't scheduled when MY24 order banks open, go order a MY24.
Yes bob im considering that ,ordering 24

S. fisher

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 2500 HD, 15 Santa Fe, 94 XJ
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I went into my dealership yesterday and talked to my salesman. I asked about the allocations and the priority codes.
He went and got the manager, he said that they have the allocations. They also have a lot of orders similar to mine. They donā€™t know the rime or reason why ford isnā€™t filling them,
they didnā€™t order any for dealer stock.
All of them have deposits down on them just like every retail order they take. Which will be refunded if ford doesnā€™t build them, or if the customer wants out.
He said they are having the same issues with the full size broncos as well as the full size transit vans.
I will wait for the next two build months, to see if they build it.
If not I will buy something else from their competitor.
I will never attempt to buy a ford again.

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think people overlook this. Allocation is king, but it is also what Ford is looking for when that allocation comes up. You could be otherwise next in line, but if Ford isn't looking for what you have, they will skip it to grab an order that matches what they are looking for.

But that still eats that dealership's allocation. Meaning that if that dealership never gets another allocation, your truck never gets built because a truck that more matched what Ford was looking for that week was selected over yours.

Every truck built for a dealership is one less opportunity for your order to be selected. If you want a Maverick and aren't scheduled when MY24 order banks open, go order a MY24.
Bob but order all anew we lose our, your price for my23 present order ,yes?

Mavboy2023

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the dealer realized that a lot of '23 hybrids will not be built this calendar year. They would rather you buy something soon so they can make some money now and they can mark up your order if it ever arrives.

The sales manager at my dealer also thinks that Ford cannot fulfill all the 2023 hybrid orders.

My original order was for a '22 but it rolled to a '23. My wait was almost a year and a half.
My wait was almost exactly 18 months....delivered in March of this year.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My salesman called me up today and recommended I consider another Ford.

I told him I wasn't interested in another Ford. He yammered on about Broncos and Sports, then tried to talk about Rangers. I interrupted him at this point and told him if I wanted one of those, I'd have ordered one of those or gone to a lot and bought one rotting in the front.

He basically said he doesn't think there's a chance in hell I'm getting anything this year, and at best will roll my order into next year, but even then said he has his doubts based on my load out I'll see anything. I told him I took nearly every feature off the truck and he basically shifted the topic to getting something else.

They re-mentioned how they "gave me a shot" at getting that XLT I posted about prior for 40k. I told them that wasn't really giving me a shot that made any damned sense. He said he'd be in touch, but to think about it and hung up.

1. Yes, this dealer is F****ed 2. I'm worried at best I'm going to have to switch dealers and start over in July/June (can't remember when 24 orders start...) and then forgo any rollover better priority code?

This is twice this month with this place. Couple that with the missing dear John emails from Ford, just to start way late.

What was the point in bothering me like this. Just miffed...
Easy. Find another dealer. Mine happened to be great. I didn't find how good he was till I heard all the other horror stories. Was always on top of things. I know, they should all be on top of things but nothing is easy it seems.

Sponsored

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to guess your dealer is...Camelback Ford in Phoenix.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was originally going to order from the dealer with a high allocation where I got my unicorn 22. When no one returned my call that day I called a dealer 40 miles inland with a small allocation (I might be their only 23 order) and ordered my Lariat hybrid Lux and even added SIBL and copilot assist 3 weeks ago. My truck is scheduled for w/o 6/5! I have a hard time believing allocation is king.

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In my case I wanted to see drive out price immediately. Too many dealers add "dealer fees" and, even worse, "dealer installed options" that can add thousands to the price. I found a dealer that did none of the above and signed the paperwork, locking everything in place in case my order got picked. There is no way I'd wait to agree to pricing once the truck arrives. Too emotional then.
Sponsored