Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As far as "coats", I just sprayed all four bottles, one after another (which is what it seemed like @Redneck Garage did as well - maybe he can verify). I imagine if you're going to give time between coats that yes, you would want to re-tape so that you can get clean tape lines on that first coat. The stuff hardens decently fast. I started peeling my tape probably 5 minutes too early, though - and that caused my first tape line to be a little ishy. So when you do peel tape, start in a place that's a little less conspicuous to see if you like how the lines are happening.

Spot on 100%. :)

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey all, sharing bc I’m pretty jazzed. I took this post and this post and combined them to do my own orange bedliner!

This took a couple days of prep, because I was meticulous about sanding and taping.

I bought the 4 qt Raptor tintable liner kit and Safety Orange tint, sanded the whole bed, and got after it. It ended up a great color irl (not quite as neon as the 2nd picture suggests).

I’m so proud I just had to share!

EDIT: By the way, if you are in the Denver Metro area, and want help with doing this, I'd be glad to get together and give a few pointers. For anyone else that is thinking of doing this, please feel free to DM me if you want any advice.

19A46364-262F-45A0-AF05-39F67B0CC641.jpeg

5AEACA57-50A3-4DEB-B903-00A7EF124144.jpeg
Looks good. I was also inspired by @russschultz 's post and plan on getting a LineX colored spray, color matched to one of the removable cargo inserts in the cabin. (A slight shade off probably won't be noticeable, but I want them to get a close as their color matching system allows.) I plan on putting a tonneau cover over the bed, so my (untested) reasoning is a lighter bed liner should hopefully make it easier to see what junk I have in the bed. I've gotten a preliminary quote from a local Line-X dealer, but that might go up due to everything's cost getting inflated by the time I get my Mav (hopefully '23MY, but I'm not holding my breath). I don't have the quote right in front of me, but I think it was in the $700 to $800 neighborhood (color matching service is extra).

From what I remember hearing, the orange color accents in the cabin are to help highlight "touch points". And in a pickup if the bed isn't a touch point, you are trucking wrong. ;-)

OP
OP
mavn00b

mavn00b

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good. I was also inspired by @russschultz 's post and plan on getting a LineX colored spray, color matched to one of the removable cargo inserts in the cabin. (A slight shade off probably won't be noticeable, but I want them to get a close as their color matching system allows.) I plan on putting a tonneau cover over the bed, so my (untested) reasoning is a lighter bed liner should hopefully make it easier to see what junk I have in the bed. I've gotten a preliminary quote from a local Line-X dealer, but that might go up due to everything's cost getting inflated by the time I get my Mav (hopefully '23MY, but I'm not holding my breath). I don't have the quote right in front of me, but I think it was in the $700 to $800 neighborhood (color matching service is extra).

From what I remember hearing, the orange color accents in the cabin are to help highlight "touch points". And in a pickup if the bed isn't a touch point, you are trucking wrong. ;-)
Yeah, I didn't have a lot of the supplies on hand, so all told, I'd say this probably cost me around $400. I called around Denver to get quotes and they were in the $1100 range! I might've considered it if I would've gotten $700. Even still, it was worth it for the experience and pride boost of having done it.

I think exact color matching isn't necessary. I'd just make sure that everything orange on the outside matches everything else orange on the outside.

That's very interesting about the "touch points". Makes a ton of sense!

Sponsored

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, sharing bc I’m pretty jazzed. I took this post and this post and combined them to do my own orange bedliner!

This took a couple days of prep, because I was meticulous about sanding and taping.

I bought the 4 qt Raptor tintable liner kit and Safety Orange tint, sanded the whole bed, and got after it. It ended up a great color irl (not quite as neon as the 2nd picture suggests).

EDIT: By the way, if you are in the Denver Metro area, and want help with doing this, I'd be glad to get together and give a few pointers. For anyone else that is thinking of doing this, please feel free to DM me if you want any advice.

Well that's different - GULP!

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

😎😎😎 Looks cool and different.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I didn't have a lot of the supplies on hand, so all told, I'd say this probably cost me around $400. I called around Denver to get quotes and they were in the $1100 range! I might've considered it if I would've gotten $700. Even still, it was worth it for the experience and pride boost of having done it.

I think exact color matching isn't necessary. I'd just make sure that everything orange on the outside matches everything else orange on the outside.

That's very interesting about the "touch points". Makes a ton of sense!
Sorry, lost track of this thread for a follow up. Here is what the orange looks like on Atlas Blue.
Ford Maverick I did the DIY spray bedliner thing … in orange! PXL_20230803_222014743

And with my current daily configuration:
Ford Maverick I did the DIY spray bedliner thing … in orange! PXL_20230806_224352788

For cost reference, my local (Wilmington, DE area) Line-X charged me $848.72. No tax because of DE.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I strangely like this. My head is screaming that I shouldn't but I can't help it, I DO! Nice!!

Sponsored

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I strangely like this. My head is screaming that I shouldn't but I can't help it, I DO! Nice!!
I'm not sure how well it would go against your HPR, it might clash. But if you like clashing color schemes (or if it doesn't clash) I say go for it. Your truck, your aesthetic. 🤠

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm not sure how well it would go against your HPR, it might clash. But if you like clashing color schemes (or if it doesn't clash) I say go for it. Your truck, your aesthetic. 🤠
Naw, I'm good with my DIBL, but still like this bold color. Though I agree that I can't think of a bold contrasting color that would really work with HPR.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Naw, I'm good with my DIBL, but still like this bold color. Though I agree that I can't think of a bold contrasting color that would really work with HPR.
If you do come up with a color, there is nothing stopping you from painting your DIBL. :cool:

RZ Lee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Raptor DIY Bedliner Question - has anyone used the Raptor Bedliner kit and sprayed it as is with no tinting? It says "clear tintable" in the ad and I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of spraying a bed as it comes - what does the factory paint color look like if you don't tint it with anything?