First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love your bedliner! Wish I had warm enough temps to do it here.

SlowTime2011

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks fantastic. Works especially well with the exterior color. Great job.

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could also try to find a set of Tremor wheels if there's someone that doesn't like the orange accent.
That would look good. Although I would paint the other inner spokes to match the one already painted.

Jewels

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Hot 🌶 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, sharing bc I’m pretty jazzed. I took this post and this post and combined them to do my own orange bedliner!

This took a couple days of prep, because I was meticulous about sanding and taping.

I bought the 4 qt Raptor tintable liner kit and Safety Orange tint, sanded the whole bed, and got after it. It ended up a great color irl (not quite as neon as the 2nd picture suggests).

I’m so proud I just had to share!

EDIT: By the way, if you are in the Denver Metro area, and want help with doing this, I'd be glad to get together and give a few pointers. For anyone else that is thinking of doing this, please feel free to DM me if you want any advice.

19A46364-262F-45A0-AF05-39F67B0CC641.jpeg

5AEACA57-50A3-4DEB-B903-00A7EF124144.jpeg
Damn cool!!! I didn’t even know you could pick colors!! Otherwise I would have picked a black Maverick with hot pink liner and tailgate letters 😎

Sponsored

Jewels

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Hot 🌶 Mav XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all, sharing bc I’m pretty jazzed. I took this post and this post and combined them to do my own orange bedliner!

This took a couple days of prep, because I was meticulous about sanding and taping.

I bought the 4 qt Raptor tintable liner kit and Safety Orange tint, sanded the whole bed, and got after it. It ended up a great color irl (not quite as neon as the 2nd picture suggests).

EDIT: By the way, if you are in the Denver Metro area, and want help with doing this, I'd be glad to get together and give a few pointers. For anyone else that is thinking of doing this, please feel free to DM me if you want any advice.

Good job!! I like the DIY and the fact you did it yourself

DuffCon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tailgate needs orange "Maverick" lettering now.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I concur it is orange. Must be a gator. DYI Are the best. (Except when I do them. Honey, look up Linex in the phone book.)

Gmichael

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Engine
Undecided

That looks dope

Sponsored

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks fantastic.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I want to hate it....I really do...BUT I can't. Nice job!

billygoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

looks amazing! can't figure out how to PM. Which holes need to be sealed off/prepped? Is the threaded ones for tie downs and/or the ones in the bed closest to the cab? If you take an hour break in between coats do you peel everything off and retape for coat 2 and 3? Thank you for pointers

OP
OP
mavn00b

mavn00b

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
looks amazing! can't figure out how to PM. Which holes need to be sealed off/prepped? Is the threaded ones for tie downs and/or the ones in the bed closest to the cab? If you take an hour break in between coats do you peel everything off and retape for coat 2 and 3? Thank you for pointers
Hey billygoat, the absolute most important holes to plug are the threaded ones. Whether you seal up the other ones is up to your personal taste - I plugged all the drainage holes near the front of the bed and that caused me to miss them with the spray a little bit. In retrospect, I wish I would have left them open and just sprayed them.

As far as "coats", I just sprayed all four bottles, one after another (which is what it seemed like @Redneck Garage did as well - maybe he can verify). I imagine if you're going to give time between coats that yes, you would want to re-tape so that you can get clean tape lines on that first coat. The stuff hardens decently fast. I started peeling my tape probably 5 minutes too early, though - and that caused my first tape line to be a little ishy. So when you do peel tape, start in a place that's a little less conspicuous to see if you like how the lines are happening.

The other absolute most important point I will make is that when you start, make sure to hit the low front wall of your bed (right next to the cab) first. Because of the way the bottle/sprayer is shaped, after you get a coat down, it's going to be very hard to hit that area precisely without making a mess of your work.

Finally, I'd recommend buying a cheap paint suit - as I put it on, I thought it was overkill, but by the end of it, it became apparent that I would've ruined whatever clothes I was wearing without it.
Sponsored