Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea so some observations, (though mostly obsolete at this point, the rear window was no longer orderable for 2024?) about the manual rear sliding window..

I'm 5'10". With my right foot on the brake, I can recline the driver's seat, and without having to slide the seat back, I can reach the latch for the rear sliding window with the fingers of my right hand, and either slide it open or closed, without difficulty.

Alternatively, it's a great situation to use brake hold, when at red lights. (No need for the mental gymnastics of if you're still in park when traffic starts moving lol)

..unless you think about all kinds of unnecessary stuff like, what happens if I use brake hold one day and it fails, sending my truck into the car in front of me when I let off the brake? ๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™…
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I knew a girl that could touch her nose with her tongue

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I ever tried to reach the rear window from the driver's seat I would most likely tie myself up like a pretzel and wake up 3 hours later in the ICU. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iโ€™m 6โ€™1โ€ with long arms and itโ€™s a stretch for me. You must have some Go-Go Gadget Arms!

OP
OP
Distracto

Distracto

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iโ€™m 6โ€™1โ€ with long arms and itโ€™s a stretch for me. You must have some Go-Go Gadget Arms!
whatever that platform is called on the left side of the footwell, where you can rest your left foot.. using that as a base to push off allows me to get my butt off the seat and farther up towards the back of the cabin. I can do this and still keep my right foot on the brake pedal.

Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It REALLY is getting late..................o_Oo_O Good night and sweet dreams about the girl who could touch her nose with her tongue before going to the bar and tying cherry stems into knots!!!๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea so some observations, (though mostly obsolete at this point, the rear window was no longer orderable for 2024?) about the manual rear sliding window..

I'm 5'10". With my right foot on the brake, I can recline the driver's seat, and without having to slide the seat back, I can reach the latch for the rear sliding window with the fingers of my right hand, and either slide it open or closed, without difficulty.

Alternatively, it's a great situation to use brake hold, when at red lights. (No need for the mental gymnastics of if you're still in park when traffic starts moving lol)

..unless you think about all kinds of unnecessary stuff like, what happens if I use brake hold one day and it fails, sending my truck into the car in front of me when I let off the brake? ๐Ÿ˜ถโ€๐ŸŒซ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™…
Good to know, ty.im also 5 foot 10

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm, I do not recall if OP said if he was a professional Bowler who could pick up a dime without bending over.

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

WHY?

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Lariet edition has a push button that controls the sliding glass rear window and is within easy reach of the driver. Climate Control exists so the rest of us don't have to open or close the sliding glass rear window at stoplights.
Sponsored