Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The truck is sitting in a parking lot 50 miles away for 3 weeks. It’s not in friggin China
Right. With nobody available to transport it.
Sponsored

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope no one that quit their “BS” job is getting unemployment. “If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.” The obvious exception is people who are retired or have set their own money aside…I’m neither of those, so I work.

All you who think companies pay too little, you should start a company and do better. I’m not joking. The market is ripe for good companies who pay employees good wages. Then again, you might find out it’s harder to own/run a successful company than you think.
I agree. I am 70 and worked hard and saved. If people don't like their jobs, quit crying, get off you pass and decide on what you want. I worked 3 jobs to put myself thru nursing school. Suck it up buttercups.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
In my experience, it's actually much EASIER than most people think to start your own business. I encourage everyone to at least explore the possibilities.

All you who think companies pay too little, you should start a company and do better. I’m not joking. The market is ripe for good companies who pay employees good wages. Then again, you might find out it’s harder to own/run a successful company than you think.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
My dealer said they are having problems transporting from train to lot. They asked if I wanted it sooner, if so they would send down their own people and drive it up. I opted to wait the few extra weeks cause I wanted 20 miles on my odometer instead of 80. Depends on how patient you are and what you want.
Heck....50miles...I'd paid for a flatbed tow...
PDI the truck and enjoy instead of it cooking in the sun under someone else's possession...

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We should slash wages, then we'd all be able to afford everything we've ever wanted.

True, but then we have the other side of that problem, higher wages, means higher cost, means higher prices, means we are back to complaining about needing higher wages.

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would you like to speak to the manager?

People should not be blasted or called "Karen" because we/they get frustrated with the system. This week will mark 1 year since my order. According to Ford it was shipped May 25th. I am 890 miles from the Mexico plant. Mav made it 300 miles north of me within 2 weeks. I was told my phone and email the dealer would receive the truck between 6/19 and 6/25. No truck as of today. I have other vehicles so not really in a rush, but the frustration is just not getting legit info on delays. And the dealer has been useless in the process.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My point is this...

Anytime there is "danger" of increased wages, business types warn us that increasing wages is basically pointless, since costs will just go up in lockstep.

Well, should we reduce wages then? Oh. no! Don't be silly.

What then is the optimum level of wages? Status quo.

Not really what I said, but OK.

TimmH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
My point is this...

Anytime there is "danger" of increased wages, business types warn us that increasing wages is basically pointless, since costs will just go up in lockstep.

Well, should we reduce wages then? Oh. no! Don't be silly.

What then is the optimum level of wages? Status quo.
We are probably on the same side of the issue, As I was basically stating that raising wages isn't going to solve the problem since the problem is a myriad of variables that require a more complex solution. Part of that will be changing human perspective and habits, which will likely never happen.

Sponsored

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What many don't realize is that Pre-Covid there was already a Massive driver shortage. If you wan't a CDL and don't have any DUI's, you will have a job immediately. My family has been in the trucking business since the 70's, and they had never seen it so bad. Again, before Covid. Now, it's amazing that we are doing as well as we are. I would hate to be a dispatcher or be in logistics trying to figure this out. They can't keep drivers and these are mostly good paying jobs.

FYI, being an independent driver used to be very lucrative, but due to Insurance, fuel, and the costs of owning a rig, it's really difficult to make that work in this day and age.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
true, l

true, like i said i believe in real cappitalism, we have never had nor will we ever have that in this country. We lost it probably as far back as the whiskey rebellion, but even more so since the founding if the constitution when it placed tariffs.
I don't think you want REAL CAPITALISM. It may sound good, but the reason oversight organizations like the EPA & the FDA were formed is because true capitalism had companies creating elixirs from snake oil that hurt people more than it helped and dumping toxic chemicals into places that killed people.

And the whole reason Unions formed was because true capitalist companies were incredibly harsh & oppressive toward their employees. You don't have to look too hard to find the reasons we've put "governors" on true capitalism. If you don't understand that, I don't think you're looking at all. :)

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe I went through 5 pages of reading something about nothing.
It's like watching Seinfeld (the show about nothing) all over again.

Ford Maverick I’ve been patient but it’s now ridiculous 1656357883743

MORRISX5

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer said they are having problems transporting from train to lot. They asked if I wanted it sooner, if so they would send down their own people and drive it up. I opted to wait the few extra weeks cause I wanted 20 miles on my odometer instead of 80. Depends on how patient you are and what you want.
One of mine came in with the roof caved in from the car carrier You might want to rethink that

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True, but then we have the other side of that problem, higher wages, means higher cost, means higher prices, means we are back to complaining about needing higher wages.
certain segments of society like it that way as it gives them something to always "fight for" to keep relevant and $ flowing in...
Sponsored