First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, the MPGs are absolutely abysmal. I thought that'd be the case when they were quiet around the launch.

I'm sticking with my Maverick for three reasons:

1. MPG.
2. Cost, especially the 0% interest for 36 months.
3. The dealers around me wanting a $2500 nonrefundable deposit for the Colorado.
Yeah 17/21 is pathetic and I am sure the Trail Boss won't touch those numbers either - probably more like 15/19.

I called probably a dozen Chevrolet dealers. I wanted to order just a W/T trim and nobody would use their allocations to order one they wanted a higher dollar vehicle. When I switched to the TB trim I ran into the $1k non-refundable deposit that I balked at.

One of the first dealers that I called about the W/T circled back with me to finally let me know that I couldn't order one but when I said I was interested in TB everything changed. They said I wouldn't owe any deposit until the vehicle was scheduled for production - but that has come and gone - (scheduled for week of 5/1) and the salesman has kept me in the loop but hasn't asked for the deposit.

Actually - I don't currently have a deposit on either my Maverick Tremor ordrer or my new MY23 Bronco order.

Of the 3, the Bronco is the only one I'm willing to put a deposit on at this point.

I've waited too long for the Maverick to put a deposit on it now and I'm simply not buying the TB with those MPGs.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah 17/21 is pathetic and I am sure the Trail Boss won't touch those numbers either - probably more like 15/19.

I called probably a dozen Chevrolet dealers. I wanted to order just a W/T trim and nobody would use their allocations to order one they wanted a higher dollar vehicle. When I switched to the TB trim I ran into the $1k non-refundable deposit that I balked at.

One of the first dealers that I called about the W/T circled back with me to finally let me know that I couldn't order one but when I said I was interested in TB everything changed. They said I wouldn't owe any deposit until the vehicle was scheduled for production - but that has come and gone - (scheduled for week of 5/1) and the salesman has kept me in the loop but hasn't asked for the deposit.

Actually - I don't currently have a deposit on either my Maverick Tremor ordrer or my new MY23 Bronco order.

Of the 3, the Bronco is the only one I'm willing to put a deposit on at this point.

I've waited too long for the Maverick to put a deposit on it now and I'm simply not buying the TB with those MPGs.
I'm not sure why they ask for deposits. It's not like they're not going to sell the vehicle for at least MSRP if you decide not to purchase.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure why they ask for deposits. It's not like they're not going to sell the vehicle for at least MSRP if you decide not to purchase.
Definitely on the Tremor and Bronco. Bronco I would put the deposit down to further guarantee it's mine but I think at this point I have a solid enough relationship with my salesman and I've already bought a bronco from them and it was at the start when they could have pulled some shady dealer action but were straight MSRP and great to deal with.

EDIT: That's not totally true - I would maybe still pony up to keep the Tremor order if I had to. I've got that with the $500 price pro and X-Plan - XLT w. lux, moonroof and SIBL for under $34k. I'm watching the real world Tremor MPG with a very close eye.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn
Status
Not open for further replies.