Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey fellow New Englanders,

I have deposit in to order a MY23 Mav. My current build is a Lariat Hybrid but I keep wrestling back and forth with the Ecoboost. I really like the idea of the Hybrid but have some reservations. I would like to hear any experiences with a FWD Hybrid or EB and how they handled in the Winter. Anyone try winter tires or just run all season? Also just wondering if anyone had any issues with their Hybrid after seeing some issues and recalls? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in New England and had no hesitation ordering the hybrid. Unless you are going off road you should be ok with a good set of AT tires.

Chawman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2018 Ford Escape 2014
Hey fellow New Englanders,

I have deposit in to order a MY23 Mav. My current build is a Lariat Hybrid but I keep wrestling back and forth with the Ecoboost. I really like the idea of the Hybrid but have some reservations. I would like to hear any experiences with a FWD Hybrid or EB and how they handled in the Winter. Anyone try winter tires or just run all season? Also just wondering if anyone had any issues with their Hybrid after seeing some issues and recalls? Thanks in advance
I have the Hybrid Lariat 2022, just reached 5,000 miles and I love everything about it, I’m averaging 47 MPG, smooth ride turns heads everywhere I go. I’ve had multiple people knock on my door asking me about it, I always go out and usually let them sit in it. I even had one guy ask me if he could take it for a ride lol of course that was the line no one crosses, but I’m a ford guy my whole life 69 years worth started with a 59 Ford this is my favorite car/truck ever I know 3 people placed orders with my salesman , I told him I want a commission lol.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When my truck shows up, it will be close on winter here in Maine. I'm going to have my dealer undercoat it, and send it out for a SIBL and detail/wax. Not going to bother with snow tires this winter since I don't plan to drive it in a snow storm, just nice days when the roads are dry enough to get some break-in miles on it. Maybe next winter...

Sponsored

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had FWD here in Massachusetts for 20+ years without issue. The hybrid Maverick will be fine. If you're getting into heavy weather, snow tires will really help. I can count on one hand the number of times AWD/4x4 would have been necessary for my driving.

I changed my order to an AWD Maverick last year solely because of the supply constraints and will be ordering a hybrid as soon as I am able. The truck is fantastic regardless of the drivetrain.

OP
OP

MainerMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had FWD here in Massachusetts for 20+ years without issue. The hybrid Maverick will be fine. If you're getting into heavy weather, snow tires will really help. I can count on one hand the number of times AWD/4x4 would have been necessary for my driving.

I changed my order to an AWD Maverick last year solely because of the supply constraints and will be ordering a hybrid as soon as I am able. The truck is fantastic regardless of the drivetrain.
Do you live in the city? I drive a lot of back roads where AWD would be helpful. I have had FWD cars that handle just fine though.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never liked the term City as live in a friggin town close to 12k. Most of my driving is local. The term should be local or highway or something as highway or non-highway. The eco seems great as was the only thing I could test drive in mid October. Did order a hybrid, which has longer wait times. Think it's personal choice on what you need as the eco can tow twice the load.

OP
OP

MainerMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never liked the term City as live in a friggin town close to 12k. Most of my driving is local. The term should be local or highway or something as highway or non-highway. The eco seems great as was the only thing I could test drive in mid October. Did order a hybrid, which has longer wait times. Think it's personal choice on what you need as the eco can tow twice the load.
Lol well where I’m from is nothing close to a city. I don’t need to tow anything really so that shouldn’t be an issue

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@MainerMav. Ridgeview is the moderator on Which is on tonight. at 8PM and 15 minutes talk to Ridgeview as he should have just received his hybrid, believe Lariat Maverick and lives is a Maine. @fordvideoguy Tim Bartz is excellent and there is a video on dealer allocation. So important issue for getting your Maverick sooner than later. Johnny Care Care and Review JCCR also has a video on the 10 things to ask your dealer before ordering.

Sponsored

BostonMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you live in the city? I drive a lot of back roads where AWD would be helpful. I have had FWD cars that handle just fine though.
I'm close to Gillette Stadium, just south of Boston. We travel north/west fairly often into the more rural areas. YMMV but FWD is more than capable for my needs.

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@MainerMav You sure you have a deposit on a 23? Order bank hasn't opened yet, so that seems a little fishy to me.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As far as FWD and AWD can't say for a Maverick specifically but growing up in the north and driving in snow with RWD and FWD cars and trucks you'll almost never need AWD for snow or ice on main roads. FWD with good winter tires will get you by in almost all circumstances. Tire chains work for those other instances.

With that said if you lack driving skill in this regard AWD does help but it is not a substitute for it.

I personally have an AWD with the 2.0L ecoboost but I needed the extra tow capacity of the 4k tow package. The only issue I've noticed in the winter is when it gets cold enough the average MPG drops.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MainerMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@MainerMav You sure you have a deposit on a 23? Order bank hasn't opened yet, so that seems a little fishy to me.
It’s through a pretty reputable dealer, they took a deposit and got my order specs so when the order banks open they can submit it right away
Sponsored