First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if there’s any use for us all to agree on terms: we’re waiting on “EPA data”, not necessarily “EPA approval”? Is there any benefit to parsing the difference, since it’s still vague what it means? E.g it might mean emmissions testing, or MPG testing, or both? Is the testing for sure even being done by the EPA rather than Ford?

Here’s the post mentioned earlier but I don't think anybody linked it.
This makes the most sense to me as to why there is a hold up on OKTB for the hybrid Maverick. Too bad there isn't a way to confirm if this is the case.
Anyone on the forum have a friend of friend who works in Ford or EPA and can get some inside scoop? You know the kind we always read about, "the source is not authorized to speak on behalf of XYZ, but here's the latest" 🤔 😁😁
Sponsored

Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Who is "Ford Manufacturers"?

That's the first reference I've seen to that and I'm not sure who you mean.
I called the main Ford company & they both gave me the number and transfered me to the manufacturer department to ask some questions about our order/reservation

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called the main Ford company & they both gave me the number and transfered me to the manufacturer department to ask some questions about our order/reservation
Either there's a breakdown of communication between Ford and you and us, or Ford's got internal corporate structural problems far more pressing than any EPA issue. International megacorps just don't forward you to manufacturing for a chat.

Lamrogers

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt
Since the other thread was locked...probably due to the subject just being a question mark, am starting a new one.

My Hybrid build had a 10/28 delivery date and now today it says N/A. It seems all Hybrids even those built are being delayed.
Same story. Delivery set for 10/22, now saying N/A. Hoping it is a mistake since my kid took our other car to college!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone posted on the Reddit group that their "buddy" who is "very high up at Ford" said that OKTB on Hybrids was not coming till "late January". :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone posted on the Reddit group that their "buddy" who is "very high up at Ford" said that OKTB on Hybrids was not coming till "late January". :rolleyes:
Ok, so I post on the MTC Forum that I've got a friend that went to college with CEO Jim Farley and he said Jim told him that OKTB is coming late October.

So which is true? Probably neither.

Not busting your chops @MLowe05, I know you're just passing along information for what it's worth. But that's the problem....what's it worth?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, so I post on the MTC Forum that I've got a friend that went to college with CEO Jim Farley and he said Jim told him that OKTB is coming late October.

So which is true? Probably neither.

Not busting your chops @MLowe05, I know you're just passing along information for what it's worth. But that's the problem....what's it worth?
Nothing. It's worth nothing.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. It's worth nothing.
Absolutely agree. But what baffles me is we see some people go into a panic over some of this stuff. Life before the internet was simpler.... ;)

Sponsored

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta say, if they can't ship my Maverick, I'd just as soon they not build it yet....
Same here. I go elsewhere for the winter and don't want to have to drive back to finalize an order. If mine can't be gotten to me by early December, I hope it can wait until next April. Still haven't heard anything on a tentative build date even though we ordered the hybrid with the XLT package in later June.

Starwatcher

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the other thread was locked...probably due to the subject just being a question mark, am starting a new one.

My Hybrid build had a 10/28 delivery date and now today it says N/A. It seems all Hybrids even those built are being delayed.
And with no real accurate communication...another example of Ford's contempt for buyers.

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here - I figure this will translate to about Jan 6 delivery. When I go onto the Ford site and look up my order by VIN it only shows that the order was placed - no update??? I hope that it doesn't get pushed back more.
How did you get your VIN?
How did you find a spot to enter it for an update?

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did you get your VIN?
How did you find a spot to enter it for an update?
You get a VIN when it is scheduled for production, and you get an email from Ford. Check for the second email you got from Ford not the first as that is order confirmation

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Went from n/a to tbd
Sponsored