Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After careful preparation to shield the interiors and other sensitive components from the sun. Desert UV is very damaging to most rubbers and plastics, and if they are full of fluids, its not great to have vehicles sitting idle for months if that really is the case.
Right, and I know they have to shake the rattlesnakes out too.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the other thread was locked...probably due to the subject just being a question mark, am starting a new one.

My Hybrid build had a 10/28 delivery date and now today it says N/A. It seems all Hybrids even those built are being delayed.
Big assumption all are being delayed. Maybe some due to constraints, but not all.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
EPA could be the cause of the delay of the OKTB for hybrid, but it could easily be a cover Ford is just allowing to happen. There could always be a missing chip they need to finish the hybrids. Ford was shipping some F150s without start stop chip due to shortages before, but it could always be a charge control chip or something hybrid needs that they don't have.
According to the dealer’s computer, my hybrid is built, awaiting epa approval to ship.

Sponsored

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
Its a new vehicle powertrain launch so the EPA has to verify they emission standards as well as mpg figures
Except they don't. Ford gives them the numbers based on the tests they do that the EPA developed.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if there’s any use for us all to agree on terms: we’re waiting on “EPA data”, not necessarily “EPA approval”? Is there any benefit to parsing the difference, since it’s still vague what it means? E.g it might mean emmissions testing, or MPG testing, or both? Is the testing for sure even being done by the EPA rather than Ford?

Here’s the post mentioned earlier but I don't think anybody linked it.

Ok I spent a few hours studying the EPA website and test requirements, yeah I’m a nerd test engineer… I am gonna share my opinion on this as 2022 vehicles have new and additional test guidelines for emissions.

The actual mileage testing takes about 6 hours total but under 3 different conditions so it could take few days for mileage part but another added few days for emissions only testing..

The kicker is the emission part and new greenhouse gas emissions rules for 2022 vehicles. I think because the Atchison motor is naturally aspirated it may need engine management strategy software tweaks to come into emissions compliance and Ford still wants to maintain reliability.

That said they must restart the EPA compliance from the beginning after each software tweak. Now add the time for developing software for factory tweaks and factory testing for end results before submitting back to the EPA..

The process is very time consuming and I don’t think they anticipated time to task properly. I’m sure they built in plenty of margin for unseeable but not enough.

Bottom line I really think they are struggling with emissions numbers not mileage because mileage is the final test.

I may be wrong but that’s my take on it..

Last edited:

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most of the time the automakers test themselves and submit their data to the EPA who just parrots it. Only once every so often does the EPA actually test a vehicle themselves to verify what the manufacturers claim. If the EPA decided to back check Ford on the Maverick that could be causing extra time. Also Ford could be having trouble meeting the numbers that they put out in June and are just really working at it to make them happen.

Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you consider that maybe Ford and EPA are having "issues" ...because EPA won't confirm Ford's 40 mpg stuff?
It's the federal government. Almost every review that came out Tuesday at least confirmed the 40 mpg and several were even higher in their real road experiences.

mikedege

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't worry, the lobbyists in DC are just waiting for their checks to clear, then all good. 🤙🏼😎
Sponsored