Sponsored

Hybrid won't run. Sitting at dealer (now running after a month at dealership)

[email protected] But

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid x 1.5, Ford Ranger x1
Hi,

My new hybrid is sitting at the dealer. Sales person went to move it to show it and it won't run. It is in for service but no one knows what is wrong with it. Powers on with key, check engine light flashes but the READY light never comes on. Hoping someone has experienced this and can point to the bad connection, hahaha.

They changed the 12v battery but that didn't work. Ford is not getting back to them to help troubleshoot.

Mike
Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Fingers crossed!. . .Hopfully something simple they do not have to rip apart the dash for like an immobilizer.

OP
OP
lrakip83@gmail.comet But

[email protected] But

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fingers crossed!. . .Hopfully something simple they do not have to rip apart the dash for like an immobilizer.
It came off truck with no problem, almost like it is only using the 12v battery and not the hybrid part, IMO

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Curious was it a very early build that had to sit for months in Mexico. If the hybrids traction battery was very low it wont be able to start the engine. I believe to trickle charge it back you basically have to leave the 12v battery charging for awhile.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP
lrakip83@gmail.comet But

[email protected] But

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curious was it a very early build that had to sit for months in Mexico. If the hybrids traction battery was very low it wont be able to start the engine. I believe to trickle charge it back you basically have to leave the 12v battery charging for awhile.
nope was built 11/29 and hopped on the train like the next day or two. They put a new battery in it, thought they had it fixed then it did it again.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,

My new hybrid is sitting at the dealer. Sales person went to move it to show it and it won't run. It is in for service but no one knows what is wrong with it. Powers on with key, check engine light flashes but the READY light never comes on. Hoping someone has experienced this and can point to the bad connection, hahaha.

They changed the 12v battery but that didn't work. Ford is not getting back to them to help troubleshoot.

Mike
They should put some gas in the tank.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe to trickle charge it back you basically have to leave the 12v battery charging for awhile.
Nope, hybrid battery (HV) can be up to 450V. If it goes dead it needs to be charged with a special high voltage battery charger.