Sponsored

Hybrid won't run. Sitting at dealer (now running after a month at dealership)

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Incredible. Please do continue to keep us updated with the next episode of this saga.
We could start a pool "Winner Take All on Which Fuze Is Blown"!🤪
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would doubt that the transmission is half the cost of the vehicle. $3-5k I would more likely expect... I have been wrong before though, so says my wife...
Don't forget the the "high speed dealer add on".

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We could start a pool "Winner Take All on Which Fuze Is Blown"!🤪
I want to know where all the parts are going that they find out weren’t the issue. I could build a truck with them since I can’t get a build date.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
What the heck is it going to cost us to repair these hybrids when they are out of warranty if they can't even diagnose the problem?

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What the heck is it going to cost us to repair these hybrids when they are out of warranty if they can't even diagnose the problem?
Evidently, they can't be repaired. So, no worries :ROFLMAO:

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
lrakip83@gmail.comet But

[email protected] But

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid x 1.5, Ford Ranger x1
Ok kids, here it is.

The transmission was replaced and the truck started.

Salesman put 70 miles on it with multiple start and stop sequences. Also, cold start the following morning, really cold start as lows were around 0F, and truck has performed as expected.

Plan is to take delivery on Monday the 24th, adding second Maverick to the scooping fleet, replacing 20mpg Rangers with 40mpg Mavericks. I have about 1700 miles on the first one, took delivery 12/30/21, truck has performed well, averaging about 38mpg mostly because I tend to drive a wee bit aggressively.

I bought the ESP on the first one and apparently should have researched here about online sellers like Flood Ford. Even though this has had issues out of the stable I am going to wait to purchase an ESP for it. The finance manager is making good on the prior ESP by giving me more for the Ranger trade in.

Did I read somewhere that the third brake light is the same as an F250?

Has anyone added hitch receiver, not looking to tow but to add a boot scraper :poop:?

Mike

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this ends up being a $5 dollar part I’m going to order one to have on hand.

The part may be $5, knowing where to put it is $2,000 😁
At least if the part breaks under warranty I won’t need to wait three months for it come in.
You sure?
That's what you think....unfortunately, a lot of parts are on backorder
I don’t believe you read my original post I said I would order it if it was a $5 part to have on hand in case mine breaks. They only reason I would do this is because parts are hard to get. That was the point of my original post.
I was told the eCVT was $10k
I’m definitely not going to stock one of those at my house.
Ya may need to...
I’m just going to buy a second truck for my wife. That will give me a spare everything.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok kids, here it is.

Salesman put 70 miles on it with multiple start and stop sequences. Also, cold start the following morning, really cold start as lows were around 0F, and truck has performed as expected.

Plan is to take delivery on Monday the 24th, adding second Maverick to the scooping fleet, replacing 20mpg Rangers with 40mpg Mavericks. I have about 1700 miles on the first one, took delivery 12/30/21, truck has performed well, averaging about 38mpg mostly because I tend to drive a wee bit aggressively.

I bought the ESP on the first one and apparently should have researched here about online sellers like Flood Ford. Even though this has had issues out of the stable I am going to wait to purchase an ESP for it. The finance manager is making good on the prior ESP by giving me more for the Ranger trade in.

Has anyone added hitch receiver, not looking to tow but to add a boot scraper :poop:?

Mike
Thanks for the update. I guess since the starter is actually the hybrid motor/generator, changing a "starter" on a hybrid is quite involved and expensive. Glad they got you fixed up and wishing you many years of happy scooping with the Mav's.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ok kids, here it is.

Mike
Just a suggestion……
In the future, when you have a job requiring a single truck, whether personal or business, make use of, and try to put as many miles on, the “repaired” truck. You might already be taking a value hit on Carfax. (Although, since the problem reared it’s ugly head before it was sold to a member of the public, you, it might not show up on the record. If so, makes you wonder about other vehicles on the road in which a problem may be hidden.) So if something is going to pop up, let it be as soon as possible.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would really like find out what happened to the transmission, and I suspect Ford will be tearing down that transmission to try and avoid this from happening again. I know my brand new Honda Civic in 97 had a broken gas gauge and other than being stranded with what I thought was a full take of gas and only adding gas cause it was a cheap option, they told me Honda wanted the tank shipped back to them to figure out what happened.
Sponsored