Hybrid vs Ecoboost for my use?

botb70

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Odyssey
I want to get and keep the Maverick for many years to come but not sure which engine? I drive an average of 10k per year and the hybrid numbers seem great(if valid?)but what will a replacement battery cost in 8-10 years vs the cost of gas for the ecoboost? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is impossible to answer. Your assuming the battery would be the only cost. The eb is more expensive to work on. The ice in the hybrid is pretty basic.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

leap3535

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It depends what your using it for. I needed a commuter car to drive an average 100 miles a day on highway and back roads, I don't tow anything, and I used to have an element, which was an actual toaster on wheels so I wasn't concerned about going fast or accelerating. If anything I need to slow down now because I get a little road rage...lol

Aka I got a hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to get and keep the Maverick for many years to come but not sure which engine? I drive an average of 10k per year and the hybrid numbers seem great(if valid?)but what will a replacement battery cost in 8-10 years vs the cost of gas for the ecoboost? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.
Your are assuming that the HV battery in a Hybrid WILL fail in 8-10 years.

This article: https://www.autotrader.com/car-tips/hybrid-battery-replacement-when-can-you-expect-it-221310

States:

When Will It Fail?

This is the most important question posed by hybrid owners and drivers considering a used hybrid. Unfortunately, answering it isn’t easy — largely because each case seems to be different. Some drivers experience failure at 70,000 miles, while others can make it to 200,000 miles without issue.

In our experience, hybrid batteries start to become a risk when they’re 10 to 15 years old and they’ve covered 120,000 to 150,000 miles. Yes, some owners will do a lot better than that. There are reports of batteries lasting well into the 200,000-mile range. But we wouldn’t suggest counting on those reports as the norm, especially if you’re considering a used hybrid and you’re on a budget.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have an estimate what Hybrid Batteries cost to replace in a vehicle?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Around $4K if you go through Ford. There is a vibrant used Hybrid Battery Market out there. By then batteries are going to advance and become cheaper.

Sponsored

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
but what will a replacement battery cost in 8-10 years vs the cost of gas for the ecoboost? Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

No more than the turbo you'll be replacing before you even get the truck paid off. :) And with the money alone saved on gas, you'll have half the cost covered. In case you missed the memo, premium unleaded is now over $4 dollars a gallon and you will have to run that in the 2.0 engine. And despite what some may claim pre-plandemic prices are never coming back, from food to gas.

Note that word 'plandemic'. Perhaps the greatest money making scheme since organized religion, toll roads and marijuana legalization.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
EB doesn't need Premium only if you want the full 250hp...It will run on Regular 87oct
I will be checking MPG on both gases to see if it's worth keeping premium in it..I don't plan to pull anything I just got the tow pkg for the gear ratio and trans cooler and bigger radiator for keeping the engine and tranny happy longer...

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No more than the turbo you'll be replacing before you even get the truck paid off. :) And with the money alone saved on gas, you'll have half the cost covered.
Also remember that you pay an extra $1085 for the EcoBoost engine + sales tax on it (if your state has it) + if you finance then interest payments on it also.

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No more than the turbo you'll be replacing before you even get the truck paid off. :) And with the money alone saved on gas, you'll have half the cost covered. In case you missed the memo, premium unleaded is now over $4 dollars a gallon and you will have to run that in the 2.0 engine. And despite what some may claim pre-plandemic prices are never coming back, from food to gas.

Note that word 'plandemic'. Perhaps the greatest money making scheme since organized religion, toll roads and marijuana legalization.
Premium is not required. And I paid 2.52 for 87 yesterday morning. Premium in the 2.70’s.
Sponsored