First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The "shudder" from electric to ICE transition is definitely not caused by the CV axles themselves. The CV axle is a fixed and balanced steel rod with bearings pressed on both sides that connects the spinning wheel assembly to the transaxle. It doesn't go from being a bad bearing or out of balance enough to cause a shudder that shakes the entire 3600lb vehicle to seconds later once again being perfectly balanced and quiet.

It's either a different issue MaverickShudder is experiencing in his truck, or most likely the issue has not been addressed and will simply return.
Sponsored

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ford Maverick is shaking and shuddering like crazy . Has the wheels balanced and aligned same thing when accelerating only it’s really bad like you said feels like some is going to fall apart or come off the car . I don’t want to drive it anymore. Took it to the dealer for the recalls had them look at it they told me they notice axle was leaking so they are going to change . I really don’t think it will fix the problem. And what’s give with the brakes grabbing hard at a light when you inch up sometimes I think someone hit me from behind of Iam going threw the windshield bad . Might be time to trade it in not happy with this truck at all .

Mine does the same thing. Ford said it’s normal. 900 miles on the truck. I call bs. I don’t think it’s normal. No other car in my life has done this. Smh

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They changed both axles and the problem went away in the shop for 7 weeks. Had the recall for airbags and now headliner hangs down .

rdw

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have engine shudder on my 2022 Hybrid. Changing drive modes can change the severity and characteristics of the shudder but does not eliminate the shudder. If I do a very slow, smooth acceleration up to highway speed the shudder is hardly noticeable. If I'm just cruising and punch the pedal the shudder immediately occurs before vehicle speed changes regardless of drive mode. Just took it into the dealer. First thing they said upon intake of the vehicle is that if it's a transmission issue they want me to come get the truck because, apparently, the transmission parts backlog is very long.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi all!

Some 2023 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a shudder or vibration when the vehicle is braking at 15 mph or below, when the gas engine shuts down and the vehicle is operating in electric mode only. This may be due to the software in the powertrain control module (PCM). We've recently released TSB-23-2209 which instructs Ford dealers to install revised software into the PCM to resolve the engine shudder concern. This TSB only addresses 2023 MY, however we are finishing testing for 2022 MY and will re-publish the TSB at that time. The dealer will need to inspect your vehicle to diagnose the concern and determine if your issue is related to this TSB. As a reminder, you can find more TSB information for your VIN, make and MY at https://www.ford.com/support/ and https://www.ford.ca/support/?gnav=header-support. Please let us know how your Maverick feels with the new software.

Sponsored

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the software update. It certainly lessens the shudder. No longer does it kick on in the severity that it did before -where it seems I hit an invisible rumble strip. It’s still there but lessened. Though, it seems I can’t stay in “the blue” as long or at higher speed like I was able to before the patch.
My MPGs went down a bit (2-3mpgs) but a couple of weeks before the patch I got AT tires (235/65/17 wildpeak at3ws) and a few weeks after I decided that I didn’t want the stress of religiously playing the blue game. I’m not sure what’s the cause of the mpg drop. But mpgs are still great so I’m still happy.

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick Hybrid shudder recall {filename}
Recalls *

Description
Software calibration update
Campaign#
23E07

What the heck is this about?

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the software update. It certainly lessens the shudder. No longer does it kick on in the severity that it did before -where it seems I hit an invisible rumble strip. It’s still there but lessened. Though, it seems I can’t stay in “the blue” as long or at higher speed like I was able to before the patch.
My MPGs went down a bit (2-3mpgs) but a couple of weeks before the patch I got AT tires (235/65/17 wildpeak at3ws) and a few weeks after I decided that I didn’t want the stress of religiously playing the blue game. I’m not sure what’s the cause of the mpg drop. But mpgs are still great so I’m still happy.
We took our hybrid in for oil change and all the recalls about 3 months ago. I'm not even sure that they did the software update, but I don't recall it shuddering since. It was happening about once a week before.

JDisME

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Area 51 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got mine done 19 June for this specific issue and the radio. Somehow hey could not reproduce the radio issue even though every time a call comes in I answer but we can’t hear each other. However, after I call back or if they call again, the sound and mic works .

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!

Some 2023 Maverick vehicles may exhibit a shudder or vibration when the vehicle is braking at 15 mph or below, when the gas engine shuts down and the vehicle is operating in electric mode only. This may be due to the software in the powertrain control module (PCM). We've recently released TSB-23-2209 which instructs Ford dealers to install revised software into the PCM to resolve the engine shudder concern. This TSB only addresses 2023 MY, however we are finishing testing for 2022 MY and will re-publish the TSB at that time. The dealer will need to inspect your vehicle to diagnose the concern and determine if your issue is related to this TSB. As a reminder, you can find more TSB information for your VIN, make and MY at https://www.ford.com/support/ and https://www.ford.ca/support/?gnav=header-support. Please let us know how your Maverick feels with the new software.
Thought that may have been the issue as mine was between 500-600 mileages but was going near 30mph and was always at the point between electric and gas and the software issue makes me feel better about it not returning later. There was a few others early but was less sever and rapid, guessing as the software adjusted under 800 miles.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are other threads on Axle Shimmy. Here is the one I am on.
Anyone having issues with front CV axles?
I have the "shimmy" it does get worse. Waiting for Axles!!!

Not of this earth

First Name
Brick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 RS 427 convertable F body
Engine
Undecided
That would require a Recall Bulletin from Ford and that hasn't happened. My Hybrid is starting to display Symptoms as you describe I will be filling a complaint with the NTSB as should everyone that is starting to notice the above described symptoms and force Ford to address the problem
How do you go about filing this complaint?

Not of this earth

First Name
Brick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 RS 427 convertable F body
Engine
Undecided
Agree 100% about the cost/quality ratio. That being said, if the shuddering issues come down to some dampers being built with of out of spec 40 cent springs, or not properly assembled, the associated costs to the consumer, Ford, and the supplier would far outweigh the small initial cost. Would be silly, but it happens.

Is it showing 12.2 with the truck on? That would not be enough voltage to ever charge it properly.

Cheers.
22,000 miles on my Shadow Black and I've never had the shudder. I know someone with 80,000 plus miles and has never had the shudder. So at this point I say your prediction that all hybrids will experience this is speculation at best. It seems that folks that have had this usually it come on earlier rather than late based on what I've read on the forum. I guess time will tell for sure. I think if this was a wide issue there would be a TSB or recall. Seems Ford isn't afraid to do a recall.
Didn’t happen till 25400 miles
22 lux 360 sunroof this was supposed to be my last vehicle

Hagzfilmz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ordered) 2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.5 Cactus-G Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!

This has just started in my23 Xlt Maverick Hybrid at the 5000 mile mark. Was smooth like butter until now. Super frustrating Willy dealer be aware of the new bulletin along with my rear passenger window just decided to go down and now won’t come back up? Wth ??!!
Sponsored