First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone hooked jumper cables to the jumper posts on there hybrid hooked to a deep cycle battery? I was wondering if it is possible to hook it up that way to charge a battery and run a 2000w inverter. My cousin had a power outage last week due to a tornado. Was thinking with a hybrid you can leave it running and it will charge when needed
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How is that different from a regular ICE engine? You’re going to run the truck to charge a 12v battery to power an inverter? LOL

A Honda 2k generator is way more efficient and practical....

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Then you can pick up a 4K watt generator on sale at Harbor Freight right now for $350.

OP
OP

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For as little as I would use it a inverter is better off. I can store the battery and inverter in the truck

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several years back, a tree fell across my subdivision's entrance, not only blocking our exit for most of a day, but also leaving us without power. My daughter had an academic deadline (some sort of research paper) she was feverishly working on and needed to power the computer/printer/wi-fi stuff. I had a 400W inverter I kept moving between three vehicles as it quickly depleted their healthy batteries. The realization that inverters from 12VDC to 120VAC are terribly inefficient has stuck with me. One of the small (Yamaha/Honda) 2-stroke generators (or Harbor Freight knockoff) buffered by a UPS to cleanup the power, would have worked much better in my case.

OP
OP

Captain Pork chop

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 400w inverter, and when I get my truck it will have one. My only problem is they are not big enough to plug into my camper. A 2000w inverter would work great, but I'm not sure if a deep cycle battery charging off the hybrid will give it enough juice
Sponsored