First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT / 1964 Ford Fairlane 500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think under body panels serve multiple purposes. Where as an engine cover is just a cover.
Oh yeah I understand the reasoning behind it, but on some level it just hit me that Ford is putting all the panels where most people will never see them, but leaving the engine naked.

Maybe it's because this is my first Ford and I'm just used to seeing engine covers on modern vehicles even if they serve no purpose other than aesthetics.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find it odd that there are so many underbody panels yet NO engine cover whatsoever.
If you pull the hood release lever by the driver's left foot two times, a large metal engine cover pops up on its hinges.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yeah I understand the reasoning behind it, but on some level it just hit me that Ford is putting all the panels where most people will never see them, but leaving the engine naked.

Maybe it's because this is my first Ford and I'm just used to seeing engine covers on modern vehicles even if they serve no purpose other than aesthetics.
Car engineers will kill to save a nickel. If this is a budget cut I will gladly take it. In fact, I’ve seen tests that prove covers trap heat so we’re better without one IMO.

Sponsored

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably not a good idea - there are likely multiple sub panels making up the paneling system and undercoating would solidify the underbody and probably make the fasteners inaccessible.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer gives free oil changes for life.
Dealer might be giving you the elbow grease special, service/maintenance/repairs are their bread and butter after all. If the service/maintenance is free, then you can be sure they’ll be milking you for repairs.

Mark Rash

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Personally, I'm glad to see the covers under the truck where they serve a useful purpose, unlike engine covers.

CPrevost

First Name
Cane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Do I see an easily accessible catalytic converter in that video? :( They are stealing them like crazy around here...

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Interesting video. I might be the only one to think this way but I find it odd that there are so many underbody panels yet NO engine cover whatsoever. 🤔
Isn't the hood the engine cover? That's probably the way Ford Engineers look at it.

Sponsored

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if aftermarket will make some plastic underbody panels. I go off road a little bit like corn fields and plow through snow drifts. I hate to have a corn stalk or flying over a snow drift rip it off.
Might just be better off removing them if can not get plastic ones.

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Yeah this is about hybrid so dont think any one will be ripping off a undercarriage plate.. The fx4 is what you need which has the sid plate package.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My EB Fusion had a large panel that I had to remove to do oil changes. 10 extra minutes a couple times a year, no big deal. I used my battery powered impact and the bolts zipped in and out pretty quick.

Those panels help aerodynamics, protect engine components from road debris and make the interior quiter.

Error

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux 360 Roof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone confirm? Where is the catalyc converter located? and why do they have to make the resonator look like a catalyc? Most theives won't make the diffirence and may cut your resonator thinking its a catalyc. Still a pain to deal with

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello all you Maverick fans! I got a chance to crawl around a demo XLT Hybrid today. I took some shots of the less interesting or less glamorous places - unless you are a ratchet head like me :)

It was interesting to see that the bottom of the vehicle is nearly fully covered with panels, likely to reduce drag and increase fuel economy.

Here's the video, maybe you'll spot something new who knows. Enjoy...

Thanks! Do you know what that round, propeller looking part on rear suspension is? Can it be undercoated? Thanks.
Sponsored