First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick did great for a front wheel drive vehicle on all season tires. Plus they loaded it 200 pounds over gross weight. An AWD FX4 would have been the best choice for this test but I was impressed with how the FWD Hybrid handled it.
Although....I think the AWD would have been 200 more pounds over with the exact same payload. That said...AWD with skid plates would have been preferable
Sponsored

Last edited:

Olldladieslovemavericksto

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outlander Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all! Tommy from the video chiming in.

Thanks for sharing this to your community, awesome to see.

Just to clear things up I nor anyone in the video or company is paid by ford.

And we certainly did not run this vid by Ford before producing it. I’m actually half expecting the “what were you thinking phone call” 😂😂😂

As for planning, there is a shocking lack of planning on these shoots at the ranch. We literally just show up and see what needs to be done when we get there. Sometimes it goes to plan, a lot of the time it doesn’t ha!
Thank you for your response, I love the video

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick torture test - hauling 200 lbs over payload limit in bed [TFL] take my money fry 28112021135823

Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After seeing that, I won't be afraid to put a yard of soil or mulch in the back of my Maverick when it comes. Hoping to get it at the depot, not in bags though. Not sure if the bucket for the loaders is small enough to do that though, since the loaders around here tend to have 6ft buckets.
I plan on using mine the same way. May have to live with some of the soil falling on the tailgate and bumper.

I have one of these I plan on using for unloading.
https://www.harborfreight.com/2000-lb-capacity-truck-bed-cargo-unloader-60800.html

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester

And we certainly did not run this vid by Ford before producing it. I’m actually half expecting the “what were you thinking phone call” 😂😂😂

As for planning, there is a shocking lack of planning on these shoots at the ranch. We literally just show up and see what needs to be done when we get there. Sometimes it goes to plan, a lot of the time it doesn’t ha!
Thank you Tommy and the TFL team!!!
That should put the naysayers to rest!
Thank you again for making this video and showing just how capable the little Maverick can be for those occasional hard work tasks!
I'll be using my Hybrid for medium task from time to time on my farm!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big_T

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm a longtime subscriber to all the TFL channels, when I saw this video in my YouTube feed I knew it was definitely worth sharing with the group. I think TFL went above and beyond with this one.

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK

Thanks for clearing it up, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Always watch your content.

TK421

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 HD Sporty, 2012 Honda Fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm guessing only some of us more senior members will get that reference. Well done.... well done.
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Know what I mean, know what I mean?

Sponsored

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great video. Shocked at how well the truck did. But this is the reason why the tow hooks need to be standard, or at least easily added. People are going to use these trucks for more than around town, no matter what Ford's Gen Z marketing team thinks.
Ha, exactly. Look at the photos of young yuppie-looking people Ford used with all the Maverick photos on the site.
They are all riding around on scooters, wearing hipster hats, and setting up outdoor concerts for the park.
Seems like few on this forum fit that mold.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Hi Tommy,

I really enjoy your content! Serious question though - how did you get a hybrid? You guys have been playing with that for a couple of weeks now and they aren't officially available for delivery just yet AFAIK. I just assumed you guys have some relationship with Ford in order to get one.

In any case, your channel is fun to watch. Don't change a thing!

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Of course! They are borrowing Ford's vehicle and whatever promo information Ford provides. But I seriously doubt anyone at Ford would have suggested or advised these guys to take the hybrid that far off road and then overload it with logs. Official press events are very controlled so the marketing team knows that there won't be any negative surprises. This video could've gone sideways in a number of ways - getting stuck, overheating the eCVT, bending the frame, who knows what else.
Pretty certain that bending the frame is an impossibility with this truck. That's one thing we don't have to worry about.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty certain that bending the frame is an impossibility with this truck. That's one thing we don't have to worry about.
Somewhere, somebody is saying "hold my beer!"