First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the Maverick did great for a front wheel drive vehicle on all season tires. Plus they loaded it 200 pounds over gross weight. An AWD FX4 would have been the best choice for this test but I was impressed with how the FWD Hybrid handled it.

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove up a mountain for a double load of logs in the bed, they were 200 pounds over the load limit.

Can’t wait for the hybrids to start coming out!

Last edited:

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great video. I am shocked they even tried this. I didn't think the street tires of the hybrid would make it, especially fully loaded. I did like how they made the wood rails to hold the logs

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great video. Shocked at how well the truck did. But this is the reason why the tow hooks need to be standard, or at least easily added. People are going to use these trucks for more than around town, no matter what Ford's Gen Z marketing team thinks.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanna rock and roll all night and party every day

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Mav certainly punches well above it's weight class!

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was amazed that Hybrid made it up and down the mountain. I will be hauling some firewood at my northern retreat but won't try hauling nearly as much, so it seems the FWD Hybrid is enough "work truck" for me.

With all the Hybrid videos it seems TFL is really focusing on what the outer limits are for the Mav's standard drivetrain. They've made multiple test videos using XL/XLT Hybrids: the towing gauntlet, 0-60 shootout(Mazda), Maverick vs F-150 drag race, and now hauling in the mountains. But I'm not complaining as I want to see the Hybrid tested. I'm sure EB drivetrain tests will follow.

But I have to ask, didn't David seem to be quite a knowledgeable fanboy of the Maverick for a random rancher in the middle of nowhere? After viewing I was left with a feeling he's somehow associated/sponsored by Ford for this video? It doesn't matter in the overall scheme of things, but I just felt this video was more pre-planned than other TFL videos...sadly as I get older I'm a bit more cynical.

That aside, I'm still a Mav Hybrid fanboy (not sponsored by Ford and awaiting my Hybrid).

Last edited:

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was amazed that Hybrid made it up and down the mountain. I will be hauling some firewood at my northern retreat but won't try hauling nearly as much, so it seems the FWD Hybrid is enough "work truck" for me.

With all the Hybrid videos it seems TFL is really focusing on what the outer limits are for the Mav's standard drivetrain. They've made multiple test videos using XL/XLT Hybrids: the towing gauntlet, 0-60 shootout(Mazda), Maverick vs F-150 drag race, and now hauling in the mountains. But I'm not complaining as I want to see the Hybrid tested. I'm sure EB drivetrain tests will follow.
Yes, very refreshing, and knowing the limits lets everyone make a better informed decision about when its wise to give up the hybrids fuel economy for say a AWD FX4. Moreover, they seem quite honest in their reviews, so it doesn't just turn into a Ford commercial.