First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How was the fuel economy at 140mph on the hybrid? Gotta love those optimistic speedos... its like, cmon, just make them go up to 100mph that way you can more easily tell exactly what speed you are going.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was there around 145 looking at it, my grouchy daughter does not realize I am giving it to her...

IMG_20210910_133021.jpg

Good dad!! When are you going to tell her? Are you going to tell her after it arrives? I have 3 daughters and surprising them was always fun. Doing that excites me even though she is not my daughter.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kind of agree, I was hoping for a more "finished" look. Out of all the videos on YouTube I've seen only one mentioned the seat back folded down...emphasis has been on the seat flipping up.
The seat folds down only to access the Jack.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless you need HP and torque. If you are looking to stay in city, then yes, hybrids are great. Driving in mtns on dirt roads??? Hauling 1500 lbs on hilly freeways, not so sure either. This will be a great learning experience for the industry.
AS I understand it, it is always best NOT to load or tow to the max. I know of a guy (not me) that overloaded a trailer picking up items from an auction and actually broke his axle.

On the other hand I am sure there is a margin of safety that is built in by Ford because they know human nature. I don't think its capability in the real world will be a learning experience for them.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm all for the environment, which is why I use steel buckshot in my homemade ;), but we must be practical as well right.
So, has it taught you to be a better shooter? It would seem you would need to get closer and be more accurate with steel.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good dad!! When are you going to tell her? Are you going to tell her after it arrives? I have 3 daughters and surprising them was always fun. Doing that excites me even though she is not my daughter.
She just graduated from fsu with a masters in in russian and minor in french and latin. I will order her a hybrid seeing my xl is just a base and I want her to have more safety features if I am paying for it. She works for me and I can write it off

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
She just graduated from fsu with a masters in in russian and minor in french and latin. I will order her a hybrid seeing my xl is just a base and I want her to have more safety features if I am paying for it. She works for me and I can write it off
Masters at 22, great for her, smart young lady. I hope a PhD is in her near future.

glpuckett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FE Rapid Red 2.5L Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got to see a hybrid lariat in person on lunch break. Took a few pictures was able to pull out the head rest and fold the rear seat down. Figured a few ppl would appreciate that detail. Also had a fellow that was 6'5" in the driver's seat and had plenty of room for me at 5'11".

The Ford trainer has been making his rounds to the local dealers so a lot of mixed mileage around here maybe 20-45min highway and same through city streets so good feel for an average hybrid MPG.

Update: Another note about fuel economy - the Ford rep said most of his colleagues have been reporting better MPG highway and city than what the EPA estimate is. Said he had hear from many of the others that the 2.0 EcoBoost is a few MPG over 30 and some getting upwards of 34 MPG hwy.

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 2.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 9.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 10.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 11.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 4.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 8.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 3.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 6.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 5.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 7.jpg
Does anyone know if {471.5 electric miles} means "Electric Motor" ONLY miles or does it mean anytime the electric motor is used including in combination with the gas motor? Just curious because it would be simple to equate that to being FREE MILES. If this was a "Plug-in" than NOT free.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
EPA always low balls to play it safe from the years the manufactures were lying through their teeth. They got my Honda Fit with plain gas at 40 on the hwy. I average close to 50, of course I'm running premium gas. I only do to get extended range. City I average 35 +, the EPA says 33.

If Ford says the Maverick is aiming for 40 hwy. believe it and you'll probably even do better if you drive responsibly. The beauty of it all is loaded down you'll still get over 30. The Maverick is only doable for me with that hybrid and then only because it's affordable.

I'm not willing to pay close to $30k for a hybrid that can't even out do my straight gas vehicle and in most cases can't even come close to it's 'utility'. I'm all for the environment, which is why I use steel buckshot in my homemade ;), but we must be practical as well right.
In my personal experience I've found that highway is underrated (especially if you use cruise control) but city has always been worse than EPA for me. And I drive with fuel efficiency at top of mind and almost always in ECO mode.

Sponsored

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Masters at 22, great for her, smart young lady. I hope a PhD is in her near future.
We will see right now she helps me in my real estate business, covid changed a lot of plans

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Does anyone know if {471.5 electric miles} means "Electric Motor" ONLY miles or does it mean anytime the electric motor is used including in combination with the gas motor? Just curious because it would be simple to equate that to being FREE MILES. If this was a "Plug-in" than NOT free.
I can only respond with my C-max experience...I would say it's whenever the electric motor is used. Most of the time with the C-max it's gas or electric. The only time I've seen both is on hard acceleration or some uphill when the elec "helps out" the gas.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We will see right now she helps me in my real estate business, covid changed a lot of plans
She might need to learn Spanish!(or maybe she already knows that) I knew a guy the was from Romania, the Brazilians could under stand him when he spoke in his native language. Both were romance languages. Linguistics is an amazing field....but not for me.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
She might need to learn Spanish!(or maybe she already knows that) I knew a guy the was from Romania, the Brazilians could under stand him when he spoke in his native language. Both were romance languages. Linguistics is an amazing field....but not for me.
Yes hard to not know spanish growing up in south florida