First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't see the point of folding the seats down that way. Doesn't look like Ford intended it to be used folded down (seeing how rough of a finish it is back there), but rather to fold to access electronics and/or child seat anchors maybe in the back?
You will see someday you will have to put something in the rear and will be glad the rear seat folds down…Trust Me .
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From those mileage/time numbers here is some math:

Average speed over those 2807.7 miles was 39.7 MPH
(2807.7 miles / 70.75 hours) = 39.7 MPH

471.5 electric miles is 16.8% of the total miles
471.5 / 2807.7 = 16.8%
How do you know the average speed?

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
What…you mean this color :)
It pains me to think this though if I get a XL trim hybrid I might end up getting the iconic silver (yes like vanilla ice cream dammit). The Area51 is a cool color though for me it seems I would get tired of it quickly on this truck. I like the carbonized gray though worry about it showing dirt more then I would like.

8F2E198E-AA19-44AB-B26E-9ED3648E1FC3.jpeg
😮😍… yep… that’s the one!!!! That color just looks better and better every time I see it! And those wheel look awesome!

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a lot smaller than I thought it would be but still useful for me as it'll just be for my kid to access a cooler for drinks and snacks.
I guess that as long as you can fit 6 2x4 thru is all I was going to need that for anyway 😂
I was there around 145 looking at it, my grouchy daughter does not realize I am giving it to her...

IMG_20210910_133021.jpg
what a great dad 👍

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a good idea, when ‘folded’ the rear seat is at a tall angle. Plus there is all that exposed stuff on the back wall. The rear seat does not lay flat at all. The seat bottom is too tall and prevents it from laying flat.

15E9D0F7-9EAA-4B17-93DF-0B7F228B1A23.jpeg
Holy Smoke they really cut down to the barrels. I dont like guts hanging out like that. Looks like an injection molded abs would cover that nicely. Also to keep seats comfortable they opted for more padding so it does not sit flat. If they used higher grade seat material they could thin it out more but hay we are are getting a lot for this price considering the alternatives.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the gauge picture show the “check engine” light illuminated?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you know the average speed?
Straight from the Maverick Hybrid Trip 2 screen.

Total miles traveled was 2807.7 miles. It took 70 hours and 45 minutes to travel that distance.

70 hours and 45 minutes is 70.75 hours (45/60 is 0.75)

Total miles traveled divided by time it took to travel is average speed

So 2807.7 miles divided by 70.75 hours give the average speed of 39.68 MPH which I rounded up to 39.7 MPH

Looking at it another way if you drove at a constant 39.68 MPH for 70.75 hours how far would you have traveled:

39.68 MPH times 70.75 hours equals 2807.36 miles

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the gauge picture show the “check engine” light illuminated?
No it was the door ajar and the battery light. I had just started the truck it was still cycling
The MIL (“check engine”) light is illuminated in the second picture (looks like an engine in the left gauge) along with the Battery, Seat Belt, Door Ajar and Brake light.

This picture maybe from when you first started the truck (or readied it) as with most vehicles when you start them they illuminate all icons to verify they can illuminate.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick showing 37.4 MPG + rear seats folded w/ headrests removed (pics) Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 2

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Guess it did but again it was cycling through as I just started it up. Both pictures were taken a few seconds apart.

Last edited:

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got to see a hybrid lariat in person on lunch break. Took a few pictures was able to pull out the head rest and fold the rear seat down. Figured a few ppl would appreciate that detail. Also had a fellow that was 6'5" in the driver's seat and had plenty of room for me at 5'11".

The Ford trainer has been making his rounds to the local dealers so a lot of mixed mileage around here maybe 20-45min highway and same through city streets so good feel for an average hybrid MPG.

Update: Another note about fuel economy - the Ford rep said most of his colleagues have been reporting better MPG highway and city than what the EPA estimate is. Said he had hear from many of the others that the 2.0 EcoBoost is a few MPG over 30 and some getting upwards of 34 MPG hwy.

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 1.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 2.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 9.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 10.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 11.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 4.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 8.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 3.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 6.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 5.jpg

Hybrid Maverick Lariat Carbonized Gray 7.jpg
Just got to see a hybrid lariat in person on lunch break. Took a few pictures was able to pull out the head rest and fold the rear seat down. Figured a few ppl would appreciate that detail. Also had a fellow that was 6'5" in the driver's seat and had plenty of room for me at 5'11".

The Ford trainer has been making his rounds to the local dealers so a lot of mixed mileage around here maybe 20-45min highway and same through city streets so good feel for an average hybrid MPG.

Update: Another note about fuel economy - the Ford rep said most of his colleagues have been reporting better MPG highway and city than what the EPA estimate is. Said he had hear from many of the others that the 2.0 EcoBoost is a few MPG over 30 and some getting upwards of 34 MPG hwy.

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guess it did but again it was cycling through as I just started it up. Both pictures were taken a few seconds apart.
Makes sense. The Green is the battery taking on charge and the percentage is the amount that the battery is contributing at that time?

OP
OP
04mach146

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Makes sense. The Green is the battery taking on charge and the percentage is the amount that the battery is contributing at that time?
you might be correct or I think it could be to show you when it is charging the battery like when during breaking? I don't know I didn't ask that question

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what are the quasi mud flaps at the "front" of wheel wells both front and rear? Design elements?
They are actually functional design elements. They reduce the head-on airflow around the tires.
Sponsored