First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Complete speculation like this, in my opinion, really hasn't proved to be a good idea on this forum. In reality, we have no idea exactly what is going on - they haven't halted production, just scheduling, so this speculation seems very unlikely.
I agree with your comment about speculation.

I think "not scheduling" vs. "halt production" is, to a point, just semantics.

If they've completely stopped scheduling hybrids until further notice, most people would say that's the same as halting production until further notice. The reason they're not saying halt production is because they're technically still making trucks. 🤷‍♂️

IMO, just semantics.
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Complete speculation like this, in my opinion, really hasn't proven to be a good idea on this forum. In reality, we have no idea exactly what is going on - they haven't halted production, just scheduling, so this speculation seems very unlikely.
We have the MPG for EB, but not the Hybrid, we get a"memo" saying that all Hybrid orders are onheld... Just looking at common things here, no EPA MPG for Hybrids, and no HYbrid being build..

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have the MPG for EB, but not the Hybrid, we get a"memo" saying that all Hybrid orders are onheld... Just looking at common things here, no EPA MPG for Hybrids, and no HYbrid being build..
Hybrids are being built...even this week...Just because the EPA hasn't approved a sticker value doesn't mean Ford is getting disappointing numbers

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids are being built...even this week...Just because the EPA hasn't approved a sticker value doesn't mean Ford is getting disappointing numbers
That doesn't explain why they are not scheduling more for the future...I agree, I don't think the EPA has anything to do with what's going on. I also don't think that because hybrids are being built this week, doesn't mean everything's hunky dory going forward. I suspect they aren't scheduling hybrids for the future because there is some hybrid specific hold up with the supply chain or parts.

Pure speciation. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There a post in the last couple of days saying the hybrid got 37.4mpg? https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-seats-folded-w-headrests-removed-pics.2111/

1. Some will argue that the car computer measurement is not accurate. More than likely this is a combination measurement not city driving where the hybrid is suppose to shine, but how many miles were driven under what condition and HOW it was driven is unclear.

2. That is only about 5 mpg higher than the computer mpg for the EB 2.0 AWD fully loaded trainer Maverick I saw here in Austin. He does mostly highway driving.

For some it will raise the question; Is the Hybrid worth the wait and uncertainty of delivery when the difference appears to be minimal? For others, they will look at the $2285 difference and consider how much gas they can purchase with that amount.

Are they trying to tweak the hybrid to get more mpg and that is the delay? DUNNO!!! When the official mpg specs are given, the cars are driven under certain conditions that remain constant for all vehicles. Rarely do they change these parameters. We have no official numbers on the Hybrid, I am not sure if the EB 2.0 numbers are official, and neither do we have crash data on the hybrid or the EB 2.0.

All said and done I am STILL going to stick with the hybrid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

First, how do you know they are being built? Have you seen them rolling off the line?
Second, why hasn't Ford published the EPA #?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There a post in the last couple of days saying the hybrid got 37.4mpg? https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...r-seats-folded-w-headrests-removed-pics.2111/

1. Some will argue that the car computer measurement is not accurate. More than likely this is a combination measurement not city driving where the hybrid is suppose to shine, but how many miles were driven under what condition and HOW it was driven is unclear.

2. That is only about 5 mpg higher than the computer mpg for the EB 2.0.

For some it will raise the question; Is the Hybrid worth the wait and uncertainty of delivery when the difference appears to be minimal? For others, they will look at the $2285 difference and consider how much gas they can purchase with that amount.

Are they trying to tweak the hybrid to get more mpg and that is the delay? DUNNO!!! When the official mpg specs are given, the cars are driven under certain conditions that remain constant for all vehicles. Rarely do they change these parameters. We have no official numbers on the Hybrid, I am not sure if the EB 2.0 numbers are official, and neither do we have crash data on the hybrid or the EB 2.0.

All said and done I am STILL going to stick with the hybrid.
The 37.5 was a photo from a trainer, I like that number, a lot. But the elephant in the room is why hasn't the EPA NOT published the #'s?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 37.5 was a photo from a trainer, I like that number, a lot. But the elephant in the room is why hasn't the EPA NOT published the #'s?
I suspect they haven't released the number because we haven't reached the target date on the calendar. It won't be too long before we have a window sticker for the hybrid. My guess is 33, 40, 37. What's to stop EPA releasing the 2.0 numbers? Do we think they're trying to get more from that motor, too? They could release it separately.

I think when we get to the date, it's gonna be released and it'll be what everyone thinks.

I also think that it's really gonna be "until further notice" based on something that we'll never learn about.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect they haven't released the number because we haven't reached the target date on the calendar. It won't be too long before we have a window sticker for the hybrid. My guess is 33, 40, 37. What's to stop EPA releasing the 2.0 numbers? Do we think they're trying to get more from that motor, too? They could release it separately.

I think when we get to the date, it's gonna be released and it'll be what everyone thinks.

I also think that it's really gonna be "until further notice" based on something that we'll never learn about.

I wonder if that date will be when the embargo is lifted in October? If so it makes sense!!

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Wasn’t the verbiage already removed for this coming week’s scheduling?

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
37.5 would be a great mpg if it was hwy. from personal hybrid experience that would mean 42-43 mpg city. they better get it tested before it gets cold

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn’t the verbiage already removed for this coming week’s scheduling?
I hope I'm wrong. It could be a defence mechanism, but I'm mentally preparing for another week of all Ecoboost. At the very maximum %35 hybrid.

I think Ford planned, for whatever reason, on peaking at %40 hybrid for this production run. There's numbers and factors I have no way of understanding, such as EPA for total number of vehicles produced, cost of copper for in house motor, (I hate up say it) CHIPS, etc.

All that being said... If there are 30,000 orders (I think that may be low, btw) and (some speculate) as high as %70 of them are hybrid, that means to get to my order, they need to produce 21,000 hybrids. If 21,000 is %40, they'd have to produce 52,500 trucks to get to mine.

Lots of guessing there, but I think one thing I can confidently say... it's gonna be a while.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There was a post that someone made that had either a built sheet or something like it from a EB Maverick that had MPG numbers on it.

" For buyers who don't want AWD or the towing package, we learned the truck will return 23 city, 30 highway and 26 mpg combined. "

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-ford-maverick-fuel-economy-mpg-window-sticker/
Sponsored