Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those who hate on generations that received "participation trophies," consider this: Which generation was handing out the trophies?

Hint: it starts with a "B," like "boomer."

The kids receiving them smiled along to please their elders, knowing full well that it was a joke.
Sponsored

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
For those who hate on generations that received "participation trophies," consider this: Which generation was handing out the trophies?

The kids receiving them smiled along to please their elders, knowing full well that it was a joke.
In regards to entitlement, all you have to do look at the historical record of the economy, climate change, and our infrastructure to see who the entitled ones are. Baby Boomers came of age owning the world and pretty much destroyed it. Now that they've piddled it away, all they do is complain about everyone else. They are the "me" generation, if there ever there was one

P.S. I am technically a Boomer.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I was born at the tail end of Gen X and could be considered a millennial depending on who you ask. I identify more with what they call my kind as Xennials (the gray area between the 2 gens). Old enough to remember growing up without computers, but young enough to have grown up alongside the advancement of technology (PCs, cell phones etc...).

Anyways, I remember those idiotic participation ribbons that were handed out during elementary school activities. Those went straight in the trash when I got home. Didn't care for them, and it didn't affect my competitive juices as I grew up. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but I agree with DryHeat. It's always been around. Really depends on the parenting imo. That's not to say my parents were tough on me. They also didn't baby me either. I took my whoopings when they felt it was warranted. Now in my adult life I appreciate how I was raised.

notunwell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra & Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was born at the tail end of Gen X and could be considered a millennial depending on who you ask. I identify more with what they call my kind as Xennials (the gray area between the 2 gens). Old enough to remember growing up without computers, but young enough to have grown up alongside the advancement of technology (PCs, cell phones etc...).

Anyways, I remember those idiotic participation ribbons that were handed out during elementary school activities. Those went straight in the trash when I got home. Didn't care for them, and it didn't affect my competitive juices as I grew up. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule, but I agree with DryHeat. It's always been around. Really depends on the parenting imo. That's not to say my parents were tough on me. They also didn't baby me either. I took my whoopings when they felt it was warranted. Now in my adult life I appreciate how I was raised.
Exactly the same here.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread has got waaaayyy off track. Surprised @Administrator has not locked it down. Y'all need to take this stuff to the off topic section.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This thread has got waaaayyy off track. Surprised @Administrator has not locked it down. Y'all need to take this stuff to the off topic section.
Yeah, I waste enough time on this forum looking for news and Maverick info. Don't know how anyone has time to go down the rabbit hole as well :sneaky:

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spent my whole life in sales and management not production so I may be wrong with my
thinking. Ford projected and ordered material and production schedule for X number of
hybrid units in this model YEAR. Actual ORDERS exceeded this by several thousand units.
So Ford is having to purchase and manufacture engines and drive systems to meet this new
demand. This will take several months and probably cost Ford more $$ to build. So every
customer that changes to a 2.0 engine and transmission, which is probably setting on a
shelf in some warehouse, is a win for Ford.
I like several others ordered the Maverick because we wanted it not because we need it.
Thus I can wait until my Maverick is built to my specifications unless I die first.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And this was changed today or yesterday by Ford saying there will be no delays!?
If I recall correctly, this was originally NY Region and someone noted that line got cut off the email. Even then, it's probably for stock units, not retail ones. That would match up with the "retail hybrids before stock hybrids" we already knew about.

Sponsored
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
These dealers don't know, that is only a question FORD can answer and they aren't really talking publicly about what is going on with overall production. I do not think all production is going to come to a screeching halt, but no doubt the Hybrid requires more chips. Nonetheless, we'll leave the light on for you, take your shoes off and come on back if you ever want to try again. :)
I just cut a deal on a F-150 so I'm out for good. But I will consider 1-2 in the future as business trucks once they are able to get them on the lot.

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
Oh, no, that should be included in every Maverick at delivery! I mean you would think it was the #1 feature based on all the reviews out there :)
Why else would they spend so much time making sure we understand that a one liter bottle will fit in the door?🤗

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I spent my whole life in sales and management not production so I may be wrong with my
thinking. Ford projected and ordered material and production schedule for X number of
hybrid units in this model YEAR. Actual ORDERS exceeded this by several thousand units.
So Ford is having to purchase and manufacture engines and drive systems to meet this new
demand. This will take several months and probably cost Ford more $$ to build. So every
customer that changes to a 2.0 engine and transmission, which is probably setting on a
shelf in some warehouse, is a win for Ford.
I like several others ordered the Maverick because we wanted it not because we need it.
Thus I can wait until my Maverick is built to my specifications unless I die first.
This could be true, however, if you look at your logic then those who ordered a Hybrid in June and July should see production, and those who ordered in Aug and later would be waiting, but this isn't the case. I would assume that Ford figured that more people would order the Hybrid than EB. But Ford just announced that ALL hybrids won't be produced. No some but ALL.

I'm betting the Hybrid isn't getting the mileage that ford wanted and they are working on this.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm betting the Hybrid isn't getting the mileage that ford wanted and they are working on this.
Complete speculation like this, in my opinion, really hasn't proven to be a good idea on this forum. In reality, we have no idea exactly what is going on - they haven't halted production, just scheduling, so this speculation seems very unlikely.
Sponsored

Last edited: