First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had to say something about your profile pic! I am pretty sure you know the significance, but something you dont see much anymore, but what a great remembrance to our WWII veterans and their symbol of comradery and encouragement during what had to be a very hard time, like very few know today!
Thanks, my Dad was a WWII vet and between him, my brother and myself we have almost 80 years service in the AAC and USAF.
Sponsored

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, my Dad was a WWII vet and between him, my brother and myself we have almost 80 years service in the AAC and USAF.
Correction- 70 years, not 80. Finger dexterity declining in my old age.

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
It is a very special person who is willing to lay down life and limb to protect this great nation - and my freedom. I do not take this for granted. Thank for for your and your family's selflessness and service! (my son is a field medic in the reserves - so proud of him!)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Correction- 70 years, not 80. Finger dexterity declining in my old age.
Thank you for your Service.
I gave the USAF 20 years 1 month. My uncles served in Coast Guard and Navy. But they spent as little time as possible so I don't have the time your family has served.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your Service.
I gave the USAF 20 years 1 month. My uncles served in Coast Guard and Navy. But they spent as little time as possible so I don't have the time your family has served.
Back at ya Brother!

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production.

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Update September 9, 2021, 8:24 a.m. ET: In a response to Jalopnik, Ford Communications Manager Dawn McKenzie confirmed the validity of the bulletin but reaffirmed that the decision concerns scheduling, not production.
So what is already scheduled is safe but no new hybrids will be scheduled until further notice?

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what is already scheduled is safe but no new hybrids will be scheduled until further notice?
that's how i read it.

of course if you're not scheduled then scheduling delays are the same as production delays

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point my first "accessories" order will have to be snow tires, and they'll have to be installed upon delivery....

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd reckon of those 100k+ reservations, less than half were converted to orders. Just a gut feeling. No data or scientific method to support my opinion. It's more wishful thinking on my part in the hopes of moving up the line.
Ford says a high number were converted. That also doent take into account those ordered since reservations were pulled down and those who ordered without a reservation

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So you say.

Bottom line, you have no way to quantitatively prove your claims for me. If you do, prove it.

"Look it up yourself" is no way to prove a claim nor is it up to the person who is standing against the claim. The person who brings forth the claim must bring forth evidence to prove the claim valid. Not the other way around.
You know you are right. Even if you looked it up you would not be more educated or better for it. You are so deep into your your own entitlement you are not even aware of it. You were taught what to think, not how to think. that is why you wish to be spoon-fed. It is NOT my job to educate you.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point my first "accessories" order will have to be snow tires, and they'll have to be installed upon delivery....
If you take delivery in the middle of winter (esp if you are in northern Indiana), your dealer will gladly sell you a new set of tires....or order some tire chains for you when you get your prospective delivery date.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you take delivery in the middle of winter (esp if you are in northern Indiana), your dealer will gladly sell you a new set of tires....or order some tire chains for you when you get your prospective delivery date.
Oh agreed...I ordered from Granger (Iowa) so given the hybrids being largely passed over for the time being I could be facing a nasty drive home. I may be ordering the snow tires and having them installed before I leave Iowa. LOL

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So, I'm snooping through the parts and accessories website, and for fun, I click on the transmissions.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/transmission/new-transmissions

It looks like all of the e-cvts are on back order. maybe that's why production on the hybrids are slow to start.

The 8-speeds are available though.
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin 1631205956590

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As a follow up to my post above, it looks like a 'lot' of parts are on back order:

Transmissions
spare tire mounting assembly
suspensions
control modules
etc.

the list goes on and on. it's gonna take some time to get all of this worked out. I can't imagine the stress they're under to get these supply shortages under control...
Sponsored