Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Ya’ll are also responsible for participation trophies.
Not too sure about that one. I taught my 3 kids to say yes sir and no ma'am. I coached youth soccer and if we didn't win, no mother purchased trophies for the losing teams. But I see my grandchildren exactly as I stated, they want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Last time I checked my drivers license, I was old and that made me an adult and I've learned to be disappointed but I don't appreciate being in the dark.
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Being as I am a Ford Retiree (19 yrs. now ) I can tell you the problem is that FoMoCo uses a "just in time delivery" system for its parts. So any disruption in the supply chain ripples down the chain to the assembly lines. I witnessed this right after 9/11. We were out of stock but a few miles away and over the river in Canada were tons of stock, that we could not get. Got off early many times because of it.
I have heard the they are short of spray in bed liner, tonneau covers and rapid red paint.

Bret Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being as I am a Ford Retiree (19 yrs. now ) I can tell you the problem is that FoMoCo uses a "just in time delivery" system for its parts. So any disruption in the supply chain ripples down the chain to the assembly lines. I witnessed this right after 9/11. We were out of stock but a few miles away and over the river in Canada were tons of stock, that we could not get. Got off early many times because of it.
I have heard the they are short of spray in bed liner, tonneau covers and rapid red paint.
Did you hear which covers specifically? Have a hard tri-fold ordered. Thanks.

Sponsored

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RE: "the same old back and forth about whether folks do or don't have a right to complain"

Thanks for a fresh example of "the same old back and forth" ... but I've got my quota for the day.

Even so, I can't really move on without highlighting this stunning observation:

Just curious... do you often deal with wealthy people who buy high priced goods or services? If so, could you clue them in on their natural tendency to not complain? I think some of them aren't aware of it.

Those with true wealth don't whine, they just walk away. Their time is better spent NOT whining. and they understand it is a process. I am talking about a purchase that would be of the same magnitude in their life as it is for the average joe buying a Maverick.

Say they want to buy a Ford GT. They are put on a waiting list and it may be 2 yeas later when they receive it. It takes 3 weeks to build one. GT production began in December 2016. Originally, Ford planned to limit the run to 500 cars, but to meet greater than expected demand, the decision was made to increase production to 1,350 through 2022.

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question: Is it reasonable for those of us with confirmed orders to ask for and receive credible information from Ford regarding our order?...
Let me take this one step further and say not only confirmed but also PAID IN FULL ORDER!

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those with true wealth don't whine, they just walk away. Their time is better spent NOT whining. and they understand it is a process. I am talking about a purchase that would be of the same magnitude in their life as it is for the average joe buying a Maverick.

Say they want to buy a Ford GT. They are put on a waiting list and it may be 2 yeas later when they receive it. It takes 3 weeks to build one. GT production began in December 2016. Originally, Ford planned to limit the run to 500 cars, but to meet greater than expected demand, the decision was made to increase production to 1,350 through 2022.
We had one at a local dealer a couple of years ago. Thing was beautiful.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin F8B0C7B0-7FA1-4DB0-9E04-495E7B573B88
Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin 7D23F89C-076F-43E0-8361-BC9AEA07EBAE

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So lets say they have 30k orders (estimated by the reputable dealers). Ford Dealers are also saying Ford will produce 10k Trucks this year. Lets say an average of the 30k orders is 65% Hybrid. Assuming everything is on schedule to hit the 35% hybrid production numbers and this no hybrid thing is only a cleanup week delay, here are some projections;

Ford has roughly 19,500 Hybrid orders
Ford might produce 3500 Hybrids this year
Ford has roughly 10,500 Ecoboost orders
Ford might produce 6500 Ecoboost this year

Some of these numbers are obviously estimates based on what we are seeing on this forum, so take them with a LARGE grain of salt. But it does put things into perspective.

at full manufacturing capacity they can do about 800 cars a day as I recall they have 2 shifts. If we have 1bout 15 weeks left in the year (75 manufacturing days) = 60,000cars MAX, but not all Mavericks. I ordered a Hybrid the last of July so I have no problem waiting until whenever to get it. My guesstimate is Feb-March timeframe 2022.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had one at a local dealer a couple of years ago. Thing was beautiful.

F8B0C7B0-7FA1-4DB0-9E04-495E7B573B88.jpeg
7D23F89C-076F-43E0-8361-BC9AEA07EBAE.jpeg
I saw a Bugatti Veyron at a photo shoot in Chicago years ago. Pictures didn't do it justice probably just like this GT. When I picked my McClaren.....yeah right!!! :giggle:

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those with true wealth don't whine, they just walk away.
Ah, finally. I've been waiting for the "No True Scotsman" fallacy to raise its ad hoc little head.

(If you're not familiar with it, here's a link: No true Scotsman - Wikipedia)
Let me take this one step further and say not only confirmed but also PAID IN FULL ORDER!
Wait... Really? Are you saying you've paid in full for your Maverick? That's... unusual.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I've never heard of a 100% deposit on a car.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not too sure about that one. I taught my 3 kids to say yes sir and no ma'am. I coached youth soccer and if we didn't win, no mother purchased trophies for the losing teams. But I see my grandchildren exactly as I stated, they want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Last time I checked my drivers license, I was old and that made me an adult and I've learned to be disappointed but I don't appreciate being in the dark.
Maybe it was regional, but back in the 80s/90s everyone got a trophy in little league.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe it was regional, but back in the 80s/90s everyone got a trophy in little league.
Same for "teeny league" football in the early 60s.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
So, your saying you ordered the one with "not so great mileage, of which buyers have other comparable choices anyway" ? The crappy thing about this, is their is no other comparable choice, to the Maverick hybrid, regarding mileage :( If Ford doesn't hurry up and get their chit together, they are going to miss the window here, as its not going to be too many years before folks are buying mostly all electric vehicles.
Not interested in the Hybrid. Been there and did the midsize truck route. No thanks on that again as well. All the midsize trucks are not up to my standards. I also refuse to purchase fullsize. My ordered Maverick configuration is the best compromise to satisfy my needs and wants at this time.