Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did.

They sent me some with chips in it. Not computer chips. Wood chips, I think.

It was a painful experience.

[EDITED TO ADD]

It's amazing how quickly a thread about potential new info on hybrid scheduling turned into the same old back and forth about whether folks do or don't have a right to complain.

By the time we were at Post #5 it had already gotten to this point:

"This feeling of entitlement is amazing and is what we have been brought to as a nation politically."

I had no idea it was that bad. I better take a nap...

...and anyone has the right to counter the complaint with truth and logic. Do you just allow a complaining child to complain, or do you try to show the complaining child the weak points and faulty thinking surrounding his complaining?

hcfordesaid:
On the human level, the lower the price, real or perceived, the greater the demand for said product. If this vehicle was $5000 more the demand would not have been created to this extent and the dis-satisfaction would have ben much lass and civilized.

There is a natural tendency for higher priced goods to weed out complainers. One reason is that they are willing to wait for the quality product that they want.

We call this a forum; an exchange of ideas. Not all ideas carry the same weight.

Last edited:

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
week's long delay
weeks, plural. I doubt this is just a 1 week delay.

I work in another industry, am not a scheduler, but do have access to production schedules, engineering specs, etc. (Don't ask me to leak anything.)

Schedulers, project managers, and product managers send out internal-only changes products/features all the time. It's standard fare.

And I can tell ya that "until further notice" is a rare phrase. It usually sends a signal from production to sales that sellers should stop selling the product / feature. It's not end-of-the-world panic but it's a signal that sales should be shifted to other products / features. At least in my industry. (Example: 1 feature took 3 years to release because we were held up by a 3rd party's engineers, so yes "until further notice", and then we release the feature.)

Tell us this phraseology is standard Ford fare? That it simply means "a couple weeks"? Otherwise it does sound like some folks, even dealers, are "concerned".

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes maybe all true. But this is their job and they have been doing it for years. This isn’t some new thing they are trying out. What is new is customers ordering their first new vehicle and have no idea how any of this works. So finding out the hard way.

P.S. For some of us, this is our biggest purchase (or second biggest) of our life’s. So we expect a little more transparency.
How is a $140BIllion company suppose to know that this Maverick purchase is the biggest purchase of your life individually.

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
RE: "the same old back and forth about whether folks do or don't have a right to complain"
..and anyone has the right to counter the complaint with truth and logic.
Thanks for a fresh example of "the same old back and forth" ... but I've got my quota for the day.

Even so, I can't really move on without highlighting this stunning observation:
There is a natural tendency for higher priced goods to weed out complainers. One reason is that they are willing to wait for the quality product that they want.
Just curious... do you often deal with wealthy people who buy high priced goods or services? If so, could you clue them in on their natural tendency to not complain? I think some of them aren't aware of it.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I think the vaccine makes some people crazy :ROFLMAO:....and common sense

Last edited:

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s how this works: First, someone complains. Then a few people complain about the complainer. And then more people start complaining about those complaining about complainers.

Now, when the hell will I get my Maverick? 😜

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here’s how this works: First, someone complains. Then a few people complain about the complainer. And then more people start complaining about those complaining about complainers.

Now, when the hell will I get my Maverick? 😜
You quit yer bichin! 🤣

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
The manufacturer had better things to do than mollify adolescent customers who just can't wait.
E.g.
Baby: I want a cookie.
Mom: What do you say? (expecting PLEASE)
Baby: I WANT IT NOW, in loud voice.
No please nor a thank you after.
I thought your explanation was off a little in your example.

I truly thought the target market for the Maverick was the younger generations? (I'm 66 so I'm guessing here I read it was like 28-35 yer olds. The last time I checked this age group is the same that you identify in your example. Unfortunately WE (my generation) wanted our children to have it better than we did and we ruined generations to come. My generation gave them the cookie without them saying please. I sure as hell didn't get it until I did. So I'm guessing you must be from my age group. But what I'm trying to say here is you are using it as a negative but these ARE the target people they designed this truck for. So when they say they want a Maverick and don't get it, they at least want an explanation. So in my opinion Ford designed this truck for the "I want it NOW" generation and should expect this response.

And I think that is all any of us expect, is Ford to COMMUNICATE. I'm retired from the corporate world now but the last thing we ever wanted was a bad reputation and the only way to keep from getting a bad reputation was proper and TIMELY communication.

I've said it a hundred times. I'm in no hurry. I don't need this or any truck. But I don't enjoy being in the dark either. I'm a big boy, I can handle the bad news. But I just need you to be honest and forthright with communications so I can make a wise decision. That's all. Don't make me wait another six months and say, NOPE, no hybrid. Especially when we find out they knew this back in January 2020 when the emails leak.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You realize this is all from a single source, which is essentially this forum.
yes, but ford has adjusted their response to indicate it "could" be until "further notice"

As with any of our vehicles, we continuously adjust production to match demand with parts availability."

You realize this is all from a single source, which is essentially this forum.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought your explanation was off a little in your example.

I truly thought the target market for the Maverick was the younger generations? (I'm 66 so I'm guessing here I read it was like 28-35 yer olds. The last time I checked this age group is the same that you identify in your example. Unfortunately WE (my generation) wanted our children to have it better than we did and we ruined generations to come. My generation gave them the cookie without them saying please. I sure as hell didn't get it until I did. So I'm guessing you must be from my age group. But what I'm trying to say here is you are using it as a negative but these ARE the target people they designed this truck for. So when they say they want a Maverick and don't get it, they at least want an explanation. So in my opinion Ford designed this truck for the "I want it NOW" generation and should expect this response.

And I think that is all any of us expect, is Ford to COMMUNICATE. I'm retired from the corporate world now but the last thing we ever wanted was a bad reputation and the only way to keep from getting a bad reputation was proper and TIMELY communication.

I've said it a hundred times. I'm in no hurry. I don't need this or any truck. But I don't enjoy being in the dark either. I'm a big boy, I can handle the bad news. But I just need you to be honest and forthright with communications so I can make a wise decision. That's all. Don't make me wait another six months and say, NOPE, no hybrid. Especially when we find out they knew this back in January 2020 when the emails leak.
Ya’ll are also responsible for participation trophies.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard from a automotive news reporter to expect some hybrid news shortly…
Is the news what was reported in the other thread that hybrids will be ready for launch?
Sponsored