Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a source on that chip count? Seems excessively high unless I missed the /s
That ratio was published in one of the recent articles on chip shortages. I agree that it sounds too high. In terms of new electronics modules, a hybrid has maybe a dozen incremental modules (e.g., battery controller/monitor, regen braking control, transaxle/inverter control, dc/dc, HV A/C, aux heater?, couple of smart pumps, etc). I have a hard time believing that a hybrid has 10x the number of "chips" compared to an ICE. Perhaps a "chip" is not just a CPU, but also encompasses all the IGBTs, CAN transceivers, etc in the incremental ECUs. Even then sounds implausible.

Last edited:

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it is a chip issue, I believe Ford will make that clear. If it is a problem with their new hybrid system, they won't reveal this publicly. The price of their stock must be protected. It's all about perception and share holders.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They need to add a non-turbo gas option. Would give a cheap and available option.
They must have an appropriate engine in their system.
Any change like that, they have to start crash testing from scratch.

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Cruz is something that whispers to you from an alley.... you only go closer because your curiosity it peaked.....the whisper is so mesmerizing...closer...the shadow is dark with movements that you think you see but your not sure...slowly you inch forward as she “The Cruz” talks to you.....the voice sounds husky....sexy..as you enter the shadows with thoughts of “why not” nobody will know....and than she steps from the deepest shadows......Holy hell, you just about trip over your own feet trying to turn as you run......sweety come back you hear over your should as you round the corner into the street.
what you saw will stay with until you die......but you have salvation knowing waiting for the perfect one will be more satisfying .
Once you leave the Hyundai dealer ...

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin walk-of-shame-review-trailer1

Sponsored

tdor25

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I’ve received an email stating my hybrid is scheduled for build the week of Oct 4th. I hope this doesn’t effect my build date.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
I’ve received an email stating my hybrid is scheduled for build the week of Oct 4th. I hope this doesn’t effect my build date.
When did you receive it?

ldog2003

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Ranger XLT, '22 Maverick XLT Lux Ordered
I messaged ford's Facebook about this. Here is their reply. They are blaming the chip shortage. The same chip shortage that they already said did NOT impact Maverick

Good morning, Larry. Thank you for taking the time to send us a private message. The Covid-19 Global Pandemic has impacted the entire supply base and, in particular, has severely impacted micro-chip availability. In addition to the supply chain challenges, there was a February Earthquake in Japan which triggered a fire at one of the largest chip suppliers, Renesas. These events have impacted our ability to meet our regular production schedules. We will provide updated information to customers and dealers as it is available. Please stay in touch with your dealer for more information and updates on the status of your order over the next several weeks. Shanice Ford Service Team

Sponsored

tdor25

First Name
Tina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
August 12th
Just called dealer to confirm. He said that it shouldn’t be delayed since I already received the email. My order isn’t showing up on the track my order took, though. It was a couple of weeks ago.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im so confused on if i have a build date or not. got my VIN from ford customer service with last four of 60xx but never received any emails and dealer is very out of the loop on the process.
Enter your VIN and your order number (found on your order paperwork from your dealer) into THIS FORD WEBSITE to track your vehicle's progress.

Admin edit: you can also use our built in order tracker @ https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...vin-order-number-get-your-window-sticker.464/

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have and it works but just shows the order confirmation and says in order processing
Mine says the same. My build is scheduled for the week of Oct 4. Nothing to really worry about at this point.
Sponsored