First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim did mention the allocation for their region. I know alot of us in here also bought from Chapman. I wonder what their order numbers look like, what the split is b/w eco vs hybrid, how many have gotten pulled, and what their upcoming allocation looks to be
Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim Bartz, the YouTube guy and Internet Sales Manager from Long McArthur Ford, said in his video last night that he believes that this only applies to this week as it is a cleanup week at Hermosilla. He said this is a notice to Dealers and not retail customers. He did qualify his statement by saying “we will see next week”. He also said that 2700 units would be built in November and 4500 units in December. That’s 7200 out of 100K+. It’s going to be after the New Year for most of us.
Please stop quoting the 100k number everyone. That is reservations. NOT CONFIRMED ORDERS. In the same video you reference, @fordvideoguy States that in all reality, only 20-30% are likely to be confirmed orders of the 100k number.

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please stop quoting the 100k number everyone. That is reservations. NOT CONFIRMED ORDERS. In the same video you reference, @fordvideoguy States that in all reality, only 20-30% are likely to be confirmed orders of the 100k number.
An email from Ford could clear that up for everyone of us with a confirmed order.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every manufacturer is impacted by constraints. Kia stopped production Tuesday because of supply chain conditions. This is a world wide issue and not just with the auto industry. Seems auto, furniture and electronics have been hit the hardest.

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What would 10k assembled Mavericks = date when you ordered?
Say 10k were ordered before July 1st, or July 15th?
Confirmed orders.

Sponsored

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
This could be a really long wait. Based on chips, for every hybrid they can build 10 2.0s (3000 vs 300). If I was Ford, I might make that same decision, especially right now.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Indeed. Ford is suffering the rebounding failure of last-minute logistics just like everyone else is right now, and there isn't a thing in the world they can do about it.

Getting frustrated is fair. Canceling orders is fair. Blaming Ford isn't.
How about straight up Honesty?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
An eCVT isn't a requirement for a hybrid. Hyundai makes a few models of hybrids already that utilize 6-speed DCTs. And the Santa Cruz's platform-mate the Tucson is getting an AWD Hybrid version.
I understand that, but the simplicity of the eCVT helped me overcome concerns I had with the complexity of having both ICE and electric power. A 6-sp DCT is piling further complexity on.

That's not as appealing to me.

Last edited:

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They need to add a non-turbo gas option. Would give a cheap and available option.
They must have an appropriate engine in their system.

Sponsored

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He said that there are FAR less than 100,000 orders. That is the number of RESERVATIONS. He said it's between 20-30,000 converted into orders. Spreading hysteria before getting all the information is never helpful. Then again, what is social media for but that...
exactly...... Look how many clowns on this forum have multiple reservations from different dealers because they don't know how to be an adult...

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hrm...if you're stuck with the 2.0 eco, the santa cruz might start gaining some ground.
A guy on the Santa Cruz forum reported getting 33 mpg driving his awd base engine SC from CT to DE. All expressway/turnpike.

It's not hybrid territory but better than any of my current three vehicles...

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I talked to my dealer today. He was cool. Basically confirmed what everyone here is talking about regarding the delay in hybrid production. One interesting piece of info tho... he said that Ford was expecting a 60/40 split between hybrid and eco boost orders. Turns out it's been 90/10 🤯

I asked him for his best estimate as to when the hybrids would get back into the production schedule. "About a month or so," he said. I hope he's right.

Still sticking with my hybrid for now :coffee::cool:
Our crowd-sourced confirmed order data on this forum more closely matches the 60/40 split, closer to 70/30 really. I think the dealer is embellishing a great deal with the 90/10.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick orders will not be scheduled until further notice - per dealer bulletin 1631105462871

ldog2003

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Ranger XLT, '22 Maverick XLT Lux Ordered
I emailed my dealer this morning, so far he has been totally clueless and unhelpful, but fingers crossed that he can shed some light onto this for me. I don't understand why ford is being so vague and keeping its customers in the dark, starving for information, causing us to rely on speculation and conjecture.

midnitepro

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick lariat hot pepper red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not even worried about it. I’m still enjoying no car payment, no reason to switch anything on my build because tomorrow will just be another item Ford can’t get, and I don’t want to end up with a stripped down pickup, and not be happy.
my feelings exactly. not all peeps are in my position, but i'm staying with the cards i got in my hand. this whole thing changes by the day. i ordered my hot pepper red hybrid xlt luxury with alot of bells and whistles and i will wait this all out. i'm not paying 32k plus to get only part of what i want. if the good Lord says it's next year for me, i'll be just fine. debt goes down, credit score gets closer to 800, and my savings slowly get larger. i wish all of you could be in my position. i searched for the perfect ram 1500 sport for 2 years with not much luck and this dropped out of the sky. so i'm going to baby my f150 lariat 2003 till she dies or i get a build date. hopefully this year or early next. good luck mates and i really hope you get exactly what you want!
Sponsored