Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Someone at Ford should get some “PR” training and be more precise on writing distribution notices before sending out vague and general statements. It displays incompetence and provokes hysteria. It diminishes their brand.
Sponsored

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! Nothing like a little exaggeration to make it look worse than it is. You are correct this is the new normal. Hell in LA we can hardly buy regular unleaded gasoline and we produce a lot of it. Crazy times!
Yeah, it really is a sad state of affairs that we have to accept these "new normals."

I can tell you this, if another lockdown is instituted, waiting for our Mavericks will be the least of our concerns. People really have no clue how bad things will get. And it won't just be waiting for our new vehicles to receive their chip, it will instead be shortages of the necessities of life.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have one scheduled and dont need it immediately, take delivery and immediately mark it up $6k and sell it. Seriously.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too much speculation. I wonder how much is disinformation put out by other manufacturers to scare away buyers from Maverick? Like Santa Cruz and Ridgeline. Do these other manufacturers have 100K reservations and 20-30K sold orders?
Ford has not managed the Bronco very well and it was good to see them stop online ordering for Maverick. The dealer's stock is also being limited for them to produce our retail orders. They are attempting to manage it and control demand to supplies. I give them credit for all of the vehicles they have produced in Hermosillo plant over the years. If they have the components, they can build the vehicles. We should see a lot of Maverick builds scheduled over the next few weeks.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone at Ford should get some “PR” training and be more precise on writing distribution notices before sending out vague and general statements. It displays incompetence and provokes hysteria. It diminishes their brand.
Because these aren't necessarily intended to be public. They're dealer informational notices, not a customer communication.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too much speculation. I wonder how much is disinformation put out by other manufacturers to scare away buyers from Maverick? Like Santa Cruz and Ridgeline. Do these other manufacturers have 100K reservations and 20-30K sold orders?
Ford has not managed the Bronco very well and it was good to see them stop online ordering for Maverick. The dealer's stock is also being limited for them to produce our retail orders. They are attempting to manage it and control demand to supplies. I give them credit for all of the vehicles they have produced in Hermosillo plant over the years. If they have the components, they can build the vehicles. We should see a lot of Maverick builds scheduled over the next few weeks.
I hear you, but this information is being put out by Ford...at least to their dealers.

I know this is a unique situation, but it would really be good if Ford would truly communicate with their customers, and let them know what's going on. If the hybrid delay is due to quality concerns, then let us know. I would respect them for catching a problem and wanting to fix it before they ramped up production. But to simply say "Hybrids will not be manufactured until further notice" is very off-putting.

This being said, I have no plans to cancel my order, but really hope Ford starts talking to their customers.

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
I'm sure Ford is not doing this hold to "allow the competition more time" I'm positive there are people in Ford Ops and Production (along with other managers) busting their tails to get Mavericks of all trim and engine types built as quickly as supplies allow. As far as I know (and I've been wrong before), but I don't think Toyota or Honda have anything like the Maverick coming anytime soon. Plus if either of them just announced their Maverick clone what's not to say they also don't have supply issues holding up their production too. These production issues are not just a Ford problem, they're industry wide issue and not just automotive. Stay Calm and Maverick On!! :)
My understanding is that a hybrid ridgeline is coming out next year. It will be more expensive undoubtably, but it will also be bigger and likely more capable

Fixer upper

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
The thing is, Ford is allowing the competition more time to bring their answer to the Maverick to market. I've never owned a Ford and was only brought here due to what the Maverick offered in MPG and functionality. If Toyota, Honda etc... drops something comparable to the Maverick, I might just come crawling back to them. "I'm sorry baby! Take me back! The grass was not greener on the other side. That girl (Ford) turned out to be nothing beneath the surface."
Someone needs to make a meme with the guy checking out the girl passing by’s rear end while standing next to his pissed girlfriend. Girlfriend being Ford, passing girl being Santa Cruz

briandefilippo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with Medgar. Is there a bait and switch going on? I am certain that a majority of the 100,000 reservations are for hybrid! So I am not alone. They need to give those of us with an order in of what is going on!

Sponsored

Westsidetruck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Hybrid
Ford has done a very poor job communicating with customers, we should not have to rely on speciation based on leaked documents that are really supposed to be for dealers only not for buyers.

I really hate the term "until further notice" to many people that means builds will stop for an extended period of time with no certainty of ever being resumed. I can think of several businesses that closed " until further notice" never to re-open.

Ford really needs to clarify this statement and be better about keeping customers updated.

Personally, I will wait a bit longer for more information before I make a decision but my patients is wearing thin. Overall I'm fine with waiting, but I can't stand being kept in the dark while I wait.
That is my interpretation too. Until further notice to me means it is more likely that the hybrid will not be built for MY 2022 than that it will. I think those that have a build date have a real gem on their hands.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an extra hybrid scheduled....Oct 4 build date. XLT with spare tire and rear window. Ill start the bidding at 45k dollars.
Seriously I would.

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone needs to make a meme with the guy checking out the girl passing by’s rear end while standing next to his pissed girlfriend. Girlfriend being Ford, passing girl being Santa Cruz
🤣🤣👍

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have been some posts about what "Priority Code 02" means in regard to changing your order. Tim Bartz discusses that in his latest video at the 21:40 mark. He says:

The region can pull your order down under 10 and typically when your order is being previewed they pull it down to 02. That means you can’t change it. So that when they pull it down (under?) 02 the dealer can’t make any changes to that order. So that they can preview it as is, so they wanna look at that order.

And so usually if it’s a 02 that’s a good sign. ... That usually means they wanna look at your order possibly to probably schedule it for production. ... That’s a good thing for you. That makes it look like you’re probably gonna get scheduled pretty soon.
Long McArthur Ford Weekly News Episode 4 and Live Q&A - YouTube

[EDIT] See more recent post of 9/8/21 for corrections to the transcript.

Last edited:

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be funny, but unfortunately it would not be accurate. We don't even have a girlfriend (Hybrid Maverick) to even start to have wondering eyes. Even if we did, ughh! A Santa Cruz is more akin to a rebound hook up. You'll wake up the next morning filled with nothing but regret.
Sponsored