SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hyundai has quite a lineup of hybrids already. And some full EV
They do and they're pretty great too! I had a Kia Niro 2017 touring, which was absolutely phenomenal. I just sold it today but it was my favorite car. I hope the maverick can match it in driving and functionality. I towed a 1,500lb boat with that Niro :sneaky:

Oh, they also come with 100k mile warranties, and the battery warranty is passed onto the subsequent owners!
Sponsored

Last edited:

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is what I heard too. My issue is (1) Ford announced this in June and opened reservations, (2) issued press releases touting 80,000 reservations and 100,000 reservations just a few weeks back. This is either their original production plan or their revised updated production plan. Even if you say those reservation numbers are double the actual orders - Fords plan was to build 10,000 trucks this fall, with only 35% allocated to be the 'standard hybrid' which is what was advertised everywhere. When you heard Maverick you almost immediately hear 40mpg. This whole thing smells funny....

Just sayin
Just sayin that of the 100k reservations only 20-30% of them have been converted into actual orders - according to Tim. So, 10k built this year is nearly half of the orders.

And yes, the press releases are all about hype - it's marketing! I myself have like 7-10 reservations for different dealerships. Only two have been converted into orders...

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm pretty sure this means more like spring or summer 2022. I was told and believe it's 6-8 weeks from vin to driveway.

So, that means, to get a truck by December, you'd need to receive a VIN by early November. Probably late October.

Sorry, I don't see it. I'm not a panicker, but, I'd be surprised if itb is earlier than summer 2022.
If it's 2022 fine as long as my car now holds out. I'll be first in line for a 2023 model then maybe I'll get a bigger screen and more features. This is the vehicle I want I'm willing to be as patient as possible as long as my car now holds up. I'm in no rush

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van
Just sayin that of the 100k reservations only 20-30% of them have been converted into actual orders - according to Tim. So, 10k built this year is nearly half of the orders.

And yes, the press releases are all about hype - it's marketing! I myself have like 7-10 reservations for different dealerships. Only two have been converted into orders...
Tim said its more likely 50-60,000 orders. My issue is that they have the capacity to produce double what they are currently planning to produce. 10k more likely represents 20% of orders. In addition, there has been no communication regarding why they are producing the hybrid in such a small percentage or why it is not being scheduled 'until further notice. ' If this seems normal to you that is fine - it does not to me!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Ok, so why do Toyota hybrids which are proven not sell better than the gas?
In my humble opinion, PRICE!!
I owned a 2020 Toyota Avalon Hybrid and traded it in May for a 2021 Lexus 300h (Hybrid) and both of them were EXPENSIVE. I truly feel price is the restrictor.

Sponsored

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim said its more likely 50-60,000 orders. My issue is that they have the capacity to produce double what they are currently planning to produce. 10k more likely represents 20% of orders. In addition, there has been no communication regarding why they are producing the hybrid in such a small percentage or why it is not being scheduled 'until further notice. ' If this seems normal to you that is fine - it does not to me!
He says at the 59:20 mark 20-30% of the 100k orders are converted. 100,000 X (.2 or .3) = 20,000 to 30,000 orders.

What is "normal?" We live in a world right now that you can't even find a pipe fitting at the local home depot. Supply chains are broken, in shambles. This is normal.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He says at the 59:20 mark 20-30% of the 100k orders are converted. 100,000 X (.2 or .3) = 20,000 to 30,000 orders.

What is "normal?" We live in a world right now that you can't even find a pipe fitting at the local home depot. Supply chains are broken, in shambles. This is normal.
Thank you! Nothing like a little exaggeration to make it look worse than it is. You are correct this is the new normal. Hell in LA we can hardly buy regular unleaded gasoline and we produce a lot of it. Crazy times!

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Thank you for presenting the facts...too much misinformation in this forum.

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! Nothing like a little exaggeration to make it look worse than it is. You are correct this is the new normal. Hell in LA we can hardly buy regular unleaded gasoline and we produce a lot of it. Crazy times!
We have plenty of gas here in south Florida, but boats are 2-3x the price they were pre-March 2020. Boat dealers are 12-60 MONTHS out on delivery. Think about that, 60 MONTHS! That's usually the loan term length for a financed boat!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have plenty of gas here in south Florida, but boats are 2-3x the price they were pre-March 2020. Boat dealers are 12-60 MONTHS out on delivery. Think about that, 60 MONTHS! That's usually the loan term length for a financed boat!
Wow amazing! I think our gas crunch is when they closed all the refineries with Hurricane IDA. Things are returning to normal, but another excuse to raise prices again. GEEZ!!

Sponsored

MarcVelovious

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
Undecided
What does the dealership have to do other than give back a deposit? They already have the DL on file and can change the email address to the dealership (keep in mind that some dealership are using their email and not the customers) so the order can stay on the books because the deposit went to the dealership not Ford. So the Maverick is built and sent to dealership and what...the customer is a no show! "Oh my!" says the dealership GM, we must get our $$$ back! Bam! 2-5k markup and on the lot that "canceled" Maverick goes! :)
Here is what I think: Quite a few orders are going to end up not being sold to the person that ordered them. And then they will be sold to whoever. Don't think that a salesman can't get a relative to send a picture of their drivers license.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

mjkladis

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
I've been saving extra $$ every month since June for the down payment . If they keep extending the production dates.....by the time I get mine..... I will end up paying cash.
That’s actually starting to become my plan! That would make this truck even better!

Shadow.Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van

Please see the 18:09 mark in the same video you just uploaded. This is part of the problem.

Also, re: 'normal.' I know there is a lot going on. My issue is not with the current state of the world it is was with Ford's communication about what is going on and why. I don't think we are going to agree though so i am happy to just let it go at this point.
Sponsored

Last edited: