First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone in this forum could have predicted the extreme demand for this truck. Those are people with a multi million marketing budget, if they didn't know about this than something is wrong with them as marketing professionals. I am in marketing and have launched several products worldwide. It is an art for itself and you have to calculate all sort of things in. Pandemic was as obvious as anything else. I am sorry, but they screwed it up badly, there is no excuse. The truck most probably wont arrive before spring of next year, I am super pissed because I have to change all my plannings...
[/QUOTE

I'm sorry. The hybrid truck market has never taken off. Never. Not one manufacturer has a successful hybrid truck. Hybrids are generally not even close to being sold in the same numbers as gas. So you are saying that everyone on here is clairvoyant enough to see the Maverick bucking a decade long trend among all manufacturers and breaking that glass ceiling?
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I contacted Chapman to move from the hybrid to the Eco boost. I’m disappointed, but I’m not mad. I’m not in a position to wait till the spring.
You still going to support the Hybrid Meme Thread? We need your encouragement.

Gabbydad

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You still going to support the Hybrid Meme Thread? We need your encouragement.
I may have started that but Mamboman owns it, he cracks me up every time!

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order for an XL hybrid on 6/16/21. I then received a "scheduled for production" email from Ford on 8/12/2021, with a scheduled build date of "the week of October 4, 2021."

I wonder if I'm going to receive an e-mail notifying me of a delay, or if they are actually going to build a least some hybrids.

I suppose time will tell...
My XL Hybrid ordered 6/14 is also scheduled production week of 10/4. I have no doubt that our trucks will be going down the production line together. They are just holding off orders for hybrids for a while. How long we don't know, but those of us that are scheduled are set. For now anyway ;)

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
So you are saying that everyone on here is clairvoyant enough to see the Maverick bucking a decade long trend among all manufacturers and breaking that glass ceiling?
YES!!! We could understand they were using the technology of previous model vehicles, on other models chassis, and mixed bags of left over parts. It was just a matter of bolting the parts together with an updated drive train. So yeah, I was counting on them to get this right. Supposed to learn from the past. If you use old parts and they work, why not?

If not, then I should NEVER trust a single new model they ever come up with.

Sponsored

Deklon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Luxury pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I hear the guy from McCarthur Ford just say on his live YouTube presentation that like 6,000 Mavs would be built by the end of the year? Out of 100,000? Pretty sure he said that's what he was told in a production meeting today.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did I hear the guy from McCarthur Ford just say on his live YouTube presentation that like 6,000 Mavs would be built by the end of the year? Out of 100,000? Pretty sure he said that's what he was told in a production meeting today.
Yes, that's what I heard. Now I have less confidence than I had several hours ago.

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same with me. My worry is the value of my trade in being worth less because of putting more miles on it

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Once again all the people who are freaking out over this, I was told by my dealer not to expect my truck until Nov and or Dec....

thad17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SoFL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walk now
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, that's what I heard. Now I have less confidence than I had several hours ago.
He said that there are FAR less than 100,000 orders. That is the number of RESERVATIONS. He said it's between 20-30,000 converted into orders. Spreading hysteria before getting all the information is never helpful. Then again, what is social media for but that...

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES!!! We could understand they were using the technology of previous model vehicles, on other models chassis, and mixed bags of left over parts. It was just a matter of bolting the parts together with an updated drive train. So yeah, I was counting on them to get this right. Supposed to learn from the past. If you use old parts and they work, why not?

If not, then I should NEVER trust a single new model they ever come up with.
Ok, so why do Toyota hybrids which are proven not sell better than the gas?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There must be some IP issues around the planetary eCVT. I suspect that not just anyone can offer it at this time.
An eCVT isn't a requirement for a hybrid. Hyundai makes a few models of hybrids already that utilize 6-speed DCTs. And the Santa Cruz's platform-mate the Tucson is getting an AWD Hybrid version.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once again all the people who are freaking out over this, I was told by my dealer not to expect my truck until Nov and or Dec....
I'm pretty sure this means more like spring or summer 2022. I was told and believe it's 6-8 weeks from vin to driveway.

So, that means, to get a truck by December, you'd need to receive a VIN by early November. Probably late October.

Sorry, I don't see it. I'm not a panicker, but, I'd be surprised if itb is earlier than summer 2022.
Sponsored