2.5L Hybrid

petercox27

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Since my hybrid is scheduled for production the week of Oct 4 I'm assuming/hoping that it will in fact still happen. But I'm wondering if this is caused by chip shortage for hybrids or if there is some other problem with the hybrid drivetrain that has been identified....got me worrying/wondering about being an early adopter.
If you dont mind what was your order date and last 4 on the VIN?

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UGHHHHH!! Spent $3500 in repairs and maintenance on my Prius in the last 35 days. Even in today’s inflated market the car is worth at most $6-7k. And that isn’t accounting for the fact it still has the original hybrid battery pack after 16 years that is well beyond It’s expected lifespan.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can they NOT cancel the order? It is tied to your name and email. While I don't know their system, typically the name on the order doesn't change. I guess they can always update an email address though. But with Ford requiring dealers provide a copy of drivers license for each order, I can't see how they could not cancel.
They already provided the verification and Yes they can just change the email address. Some dealers don't even put the buyers email address in the order, they put the salesman's email address. They will tell you, oh yeah we canceled that order and even gladly give you your money back. They are't going to actually go in the system and cancel it, because that would be their loss. Why do that when they can take it say you refused to buy it, which you did after it was ordered and then sell it. It's my personal opinion nothing more, but I just don't see them actual canceling an order when they can make profit above MSRP especially right now with the current market.

Last edited:

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure if you're asking for facts or what since you weren't specific.

First I must confess, I was talking about the Maverick type of Hybrid, not plug-in. So my bad for not stating specifically. But here is the article I read and my take away is that Toyota is leading but others are catching up, especially the Plug-in EV's.

https://www.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/hybrid-vehicle-market
Sorry. The millenials these days say FACTS when they agree with something. Apparently my old ass has not quite gotten how to deliver this slang speak. haha

Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's unfortunate but I think people are being a bit harsh towards Ford.
Indeed. Ford is suffering the rebounding failure of last-minute logistics just like everyone else is right now, and there isn't a thing in the world they can do about it.

Getting frustrated is fair. Canceling orders is fair. Blaming Ford isn't.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went ahead and switched to a velocity blue XLT with ecoboost today after reading this news. Removed a few of my options as well. Maybe down the road that "standard hybrid" will prove itself to be both "standard" (i.e. something you can actually purchase) and a long lasting hybrid, but right now seems like there are more questions than answers.

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ldog2003

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Ranger XLT, '22 Maverick XLT Lux Ordered
Ford has done a very poor job communicating with customers, we should not have to rely on speciation based on leaked documents that are really supposed to be for dealers only not for buyers.

I really hate the term "until further notice" to many people that means builds will stop for an extended period of time with no certainty of ever being resumed. I can think of several businesses that closed " until further notice" never to re-open.

Ford really needs to clarify this statement and be better about keeping customers updated.

Personally, I will wait a bit longer for more information before I make a decision but my patients is wearing thin. Overall I'm fine with waiting, but I can't stand being kept in the dark while I wait.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
UGHHHHH!! Spent $3500 in repairs and maintenance on my Prius in the last 35 days. Even in today’s inflated market the car is worth at most $6-7k. And that isn’t accounting for the fact it still has the original hybrid battery pack after 16 years that is well beyond It’s expected lifespan.
Feel you on that.
My '97 Ranger feels like it's always one pass on the interstate away from dropping the transmission. At 207K, it would have every right. Will be a good day when someone else can enjoy the truck and all the associated ravages of time and high mileage.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Ford has done a very poor job communicating with customers, we should not have to rely on speciation based on leaked documents that are really supposed to be for dealers only not for buyers.

I really hate the term "until further notice" to many people that means builds will stop for an extended period of time with no certainty of ever being resumed. I can think of several businesses that closed " until further notice" never to re-open.

Ford really needs to clarify this statement and be better about keeping customers updated.

Personally, I will wait a bit longer for more information before I make a decision but my patients is wearing thin. Overall I'm fine with waiting, but I can't stand being kept in the dark while I wait.
I second this opinion.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Technically true isn't it?

Plus the ecoboost is really good value, it's only +1k right? Now if you want the hybrid fuel economy thats another story.

The Maverick is still offering really good value compared to any other truck available. Of course, pending reliability which we wont know till theyre out, and we do have warranty, but the prices including used on any other trucks are extremely high.

I can get NEW Mav XL with the 2.0 (more powerful engine spec) and AWD for 25k. To get an equivalent Ranger, or basically any other truck (with the upscale engine EG the V6 on the Colorado, and 4WD, new) I'd probably be looking at 35k (barebones).
Agree with this 100%.
Looking at the market and the options out there, anything under 30K that gets better than 22mpg is an improvement over "midsized" trucks that are out there.
2018 Frontiers that barely get 20mpg are going for over 30K right now. Insanity.
Sponsored