First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You have to believe this must be because of some sort of constraint beyond their control. They have SO many orders, they forsee a long coming supply shortage constraint...so why keep taking orders? I weep for my Hybrid brothers. Glad I needed AWD. Otherwise I would have gone Hybrid.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Expedition, 2021 Bronco on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow talk about a double kick to the gut today. I was informed earlier that my Bronco that was scheduled to be built next week was pushed back to the week of 11/1 and now this. My goodness Ford you are doing a great job at pushing away loyal customers.

SeaMav206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Focus
Well that's unfortunate hopefully Ford can figure it out.

I'd rather them figure out and fix any issues they might have. Maybe we will get the 12" inch screen and lose the cubby. Or maybe they will give us manual windows instead who knows?

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe by the time they start rescheduling hybrids, I'll be able to add BACK the spray-in bedliner.........
My teen is gonna be disappointed. He gets my current car when the new Maverick gets delivered. He was hoping to drive himself to school second semester (January). Doesn't look probable now.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since my hybrid is scheduled for production the week of Oct 4 I'm assuming/hoping that it will in fact still happen. But I'm wondering if this is caused by chip shortage for hybrids or if there is some other problem with the hybrid drivetrain that has been identified....got me worrying/wondering about being an early adopter.

Sponsored

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First, Ford will build 1/3 Hybrid of all Maverick. Then, 17% of the Hybrid will be scheduled among them. Now, no Hybrid will be scheduled till further notice.
Final, no Hybrid Maverick. You were dreaming that in your dreams.

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Umm, I hope that's a typo. That has been stated for a while but it used to say "stock hybrid orders." Now the "stock" is gone.

Sponsored

bsly137

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Well, with the news, I called my dealer, removed my xlt lux package and switched to the 2.0 eco. I was on the fence about making the changes last week and decided to go ahead and run with it.

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has some explaining to do. They ramp up the PR/Marketing blitz about a truck under $20,000 (Not true) and that it comes standard with a hybrid motor (Not making it til further notice) What does that mean?

They may need to go into prevention mode sometime soon. They are really pushing the goodwill of the customer on this one. I guess they aren't worried until cancellations of orders or another manufacturer comes to market.

Glad I made the choice to wait and see.
I am glad I made the choice to get the 1st Edition, Lariat AWD w 4K tow package... though I REALLY REALLY wanted to make the move to the Hybrid! I am no genius, and do not intend to be braggart in this regard; but I had a sense (I work in Technology) that the chip and other parts would be a deterrent to a successful and quick delivery build out!

As well, I didn't have ANY confidence in that "technology" reliant engine as well, the infrastructure for charging (where it relates to chargeable vehicles)... Tesla remains ahead of everyone with charging stations... but now take a look at all of the Tesla related reliability, accidents and fires unfolding, it is a messy technology, advancing well, but not completely safe enough, IMO, for now.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh boy. The chat window is gonna be overloaded during Tim's live stream tonight....

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If this indeed includes retail orders and extends for a good while, it might be time for me to start shopping for something else....Of course that assumes anything else I'd want is actually available anytime soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: