FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you're not really giving consideration to the fact that this entire thread is based on internal leaked documents. Yeah they get leaked out regularly, but they are not intended for public consumption. Does that mean when they get leaked and misinterpreted it can cause an issue, or a panic, or a...whatever this thread is? Sure - but then when we ask Ford to clarify, and they repeat basically what was previously publicly stated - shouldn't that end the misinterpretation? We can't realistically expect a large multinational corporation to hand-hold every single potential buyer through the process from start to finish, nor should we.
Say what you want.

"No hybrids will be scheduled until further notice." That's different from earlier guidance that no stock hybrids would be scheduled.

Dollars to donuts, not one hybrid is scheduled tomorrow. Beyond that "until further notice" reads to me like a week's long delay, so I'd be surprised if any are scheduled the next two Thursdays either.

I'll be happy to be wrong but all I have to go by is the language presented by Ford. Hopefully they were cavalier with language in drafting their internal communications.
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you're telling me I shouldn't demand a free color matched water bottle for my troubles?
Oh, no, that should be included in every Maverick at delivery! I mean you would think it was the #1 feature based on all the reviews out there :)

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you're not really giving consideration to the fact that this entire thread is based on internal leaked documents. Yeah they get leaked out regularly, but they are not intended for public consumption. Does that mean when they get leaked and misinterpreted it can cause an issue, or a panic, or a...whatever this thread is? Sure - but then when we ask Ford to clarify, and they repeat basically what was previously publicly stated - shouldn't that end the misinterpretation? We can't realistically expect a large multinational corporation to hand-hold every single potential buyer through the process from start to finish, nor should we.
Question: Is there no hybrid sheduling until further notice?

Ford: "Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."

Ford: Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage

Question: Is there no hybrid sheduling until further notice? Is it delayed because of a non-chip issue?

Ford: crickets

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Question: Is there no hybrid sheduling until further notice?

Ford: "Maverick Hybrid will be available at launch," a company spokesperson confirmed via email. Another spokesperson we spoke to added that "both the Maverick Hybrid and EcoBoost will soon be on their way to dealer showrooms, and customers can currently order both trucks from their local dealer."

Ford: Ford denied reports the hybrid version of the 2022 Maverick pickup had been delayed due to the on-going chip shortage

Question: Is there no hybrid sheduling until further notice? Is it delayed because of a non-chip issue?

Ford: crickets
Would you be happy if they said - Scheduling is an internal company process - we understand some internal documents related to this process get leaked to the public through online forums, but as a policy we (like any other company) do not release internal facing process and procedures, and do not publicly comment on leaked information not intended for public consumption. Orders remain on track for our Fall delivery timeframe.

No company would ever say that - but by not saying it, that is basically the default stance of literally every large multi-national corporation.

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would you be happy if they said - Scheduling is an internal company process - we understand some internal documents related to this process get leaked to the public through online forums, but as a policy we (like any other company) do not release internal facing process and procedures, and do not publicly comment on leaked information not intended for public consumption. Orders remain on track for our Fall delivery timeframe.

No company would ever say that - but by not saying it, that is basically the default stance of literally every large multi-national corporation.
I am the happiest person I know

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

"Never tell anybody outside the Family what you're thinking..." - Don Vito Corleone

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did all you guys complaining, complain to the toilet paper companies when the toilet paper ran out about their supply issues.
I did.

They sent me some with chips in it. Not computer chips. Wood chips, I think.

It was a painful experience.

[EDITED TO ADD]

It's amazing how quickly a thread about potential new info on hybrid scheduling turned into the same old back and forth about whether folks do or don't have a right to complain.

By the time we were at Post #5 it had already gotten to this point:

"This feeling of entitlement is amazing and is what we have been brought to as a nation politically."

I had no idea it was that bad. I better take a nap...

Last edited:

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Woohoo! I moved up a spot!
Doubtful it won't be removed unless they never verified an owner originally for it with Ford. They can just throw the dealer email in now instead of the buyers. When it comes they will sell above MSRP and tell Ford the buyer backed out for the order which they just did.

Sponsored

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, no, that should be included in every Maverick at delivery! I mean you would think it was the #1 feature based on all the reviews out there :)
This is true. Every early review goes out of its way to highlight that feature. Anyways, I'll relent on my demands, but I'm not budging on my fuzzy dice request.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At those production rates it is going take well into 2023 just to fill the hybrid orders they currently have! :(
Keep in mind that is only 10k vehicles this year. That is really low production numbers compared to their other vehicle lines (some of which produce 10k or more vehicles a month). Its very possible Ford is still ramping up production while scheduling builds based on limited availability items. They really should be able to build 8k-10k Mavericks a month once things are hopping. Its just a question of when that will happen. On the bright side it does seem like production is ramping up... its just a really slow rampup.

Anyhow this is the social media world we live in, everyone freaks out... and then goes about their daily lives.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dollars to donuts, not one hybrid is scheduled tomorrow.
I've just returned from the future and can report that my hybrid was scheduled tomorrow.

Can I have my donut today?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've just returned from the future and can report that my hybrid was scheduled tomorrow.

Can I have my donut today?
If only my time machine was working too.:D

SHiggs0429

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was close to choosing the AWD over the hybrid and if it was just the engine holding me up I’d change. However, we’re also set on the Rapid Red so changing wouldn’t make much difference.
That is the same with me. The Rapid Red is the color I want. But I stopped by my dealer today after hearing this news about the hybrid - and he checked with the manager there and they said the hold up on the first Edition was the Rapid Red! No intel on how long that will delay things.
Sponsored