Sponsored

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
well, just dandy. I will keep my order for the hybrid for the someday when it actually shows up. In the mean time, I will continue to watch what other automakers are doing.... Ford was first to the party, but they forgot the cake, drinks, games, pretty much everything. Pretty much the same as a none event I think
Sponsored

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Got a source on that chip count? Seems excessively high unless I missed the /s
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/06/vw-ford-daimler-fear-chip-shortage-could-persist-for-some-time.html

The shortage is thought to have been exacerbated by the move to electric vehicles. For example, a Ford Focus typically uses roughly 300 chips, whereas one of Ford’s new electric vehicles can have up to 3,000 chips.

Beyond chips, there are now other shortages to contend with. Ford is facing a “new crisis” in raw materials, Herrmann said.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is what I heard too. My issue is (1) Ford announced this in June and opened reservations, (2) issued press releases touting 80,000 reservations and 100,000 reservations just a few weeks back.

This is either their original production plan or their revised updated production plan. Even if you say those reservation numbers are double the actual orders - Fords plan was to build 10,000 trucks this fall, with only 35% allocated to be the 'standard hybrid' which is what was advertised everywhere. When you heard Maverick you almost immediately hear 40mpg. This whole thing smells funny....

Just sayin
Yeah, it does. It's an old tactic called "bait and switch." I can sit pat on my hybrid order for now, but things need to look up soon or I will have no choice but to look elsewhere. The hybrid for the quoted price seemed too good to believe, and now it starts to look like vaporware.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will listen to my fearless leader @fordvideoguy that the "until further notice" is for this week and we will be all fine and dandy by next week or the next week. Still assuming I don't get a build until early 2022 which is fine by me. Summer is coming to a close so my car without AC isn't looking so bad anymore.

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have heard from a automotive news reporter to expect some hybrid news shortly…

Last edited:

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have built some Hybrids already and have some scheduled for early October so him saying "it is. shipping soon." Is 100% true but doesn't say anything about the future.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got a source on that chip count? Seems excessively high unless I missed the /s
i think he used all electric vs gas engine figures (recent chip shortage article}

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Cruz is something that whispers to you from an alley.... you only go closer because your curiosity it peaked.....the whisper is so mesmerizing...closer...the shadow is dark with movements that you think you see but your not sure...slowly you inch forward as she “The Cruz” talks to you.....the voice sounds husky....sexy..as you enter the shadows with thoughts of “why not” nobody will know....and than she steps from the deepest shadows......Holy hell, you just about trip over your own feet trying to turn as you run......sweety come back you hear over your should as you round the corner into the street.
what you saw will stay with until you die......but you have salvation knowing waiting for the perfect one will be more satisfying .
....well, that escalated quickly.

Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They have built some Hybrids already and have some scheduled for early October so him saying "it is. shipping soon." Is 100% true but doesn't say anything about the future.
Correct, Our small but scurvy bunch are trying to tweeter bomb Ford into some real info

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called my dealer to change my order to expedite the build. He told me to keep my order as it is, that's the point of ordering what you want. He hasn't misled me yet so I'm taking his advice.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chip shortage is a result of the NFL season starting, according to the media all the players have chips on their shoulders.:LOL:
Can't wait for the season to start It will be a welcome diversion from this Hybrid mess. Let's go Fins!!!!

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct, Our small but scurvy bunch are trying to tweeter bomb Ford into some real info
Keep at it. Good luck!
Sponsored