First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 chevy malibu
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday my brother and I were in a pinch when we needed to tow my aunts totalled chevy sonic. I offered my Maverick to help, hooked up a car dolly (about 800lbs) and then the car (about 2700lbs). We towed it about 20 miles and we got about 22.6 MPG in tow haul mode, granted we weren't exactly trying to be efficient. The truck handled it like a champ, no sway, no jerking, no real struggle. I love my Maverick and it truly is built Ford Tough.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Maverick Lariat tows 3500 pounds received_252364013794131
Sponsored

Last edited:

Deleted member 1483

It's definitely true that the Maverick can tow more than its rated weight, but it's important to be cautious because towing over the limit could put you at risk and make you liable for any accidents.

It’s great to know that the truck felt sturdy while towing a load over the weight limit. I tend to push my truck to its limits as well.

The truck is likely tested to tow up to 2000lbs in really steep conditions, but it could probably handle more in safer conditions.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great news. Obviously, testing data does not push the limits. Sometimes emergencies require people to go above limits. I look at it this way. Normally, we can lift or pull XX pounds, but if a loved one was trapped, we would find the adrenaline to lift or pull far more than the normal. Like the other poster, I am sure you will hear that you permanently damaged your truck, you voided your warranty, you broke the frame, ruined the tranny and engine, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thejackal151

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 chevy malibu
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's definitely true that the Maverick can tow more than its rated weight, but it's important to be cautious because towing over the limit could put you at risk and make you liable for any accidents.

It’s great to know that the truck felt sturdy while towing a load over the weight limit. I tend to push my truck to its limits as well.

The truck is likely tested to tow up to 2000lbs in really steep conditions, but it could probably handle more in safer conditions.
It was passed midnight, no one else was on the road. But I get what your talking about.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well Mavs can be equipped to tow 4K. So I think the structure and hitch are able to handle that. But not sure about the ecvt, cooling. But only going a short distance on flat ground should work.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My OCD made me say it. You forgot the "d" in built Ford tough. LoL Glad to hear the hybrid can pull a little more than what it's rated for.

einstein57

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering it has the same tow hitch and brakes as the 4k, I’m sure the limiting factors are the transmission and cooling system. But that probably only comes in to play going up hill or higher speeds.

Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Considering it has the same tow hitch and brakes as the 4k, I’m sure the limiting factors are the transmission and cooling system. But that probably only comes in to play going up hill or higher speeds.
Considering he did with a Hybrid, there may be other things that could cause issue. That said, 3,500 for a truck doesn't seem like a stretch, and any of the base could probably have been rated for 3k. 4k probably should be 5k as well similar to Santa Cruz.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You maniac! Think of the children!!!

As others have said, no big deal in the flatter parts of the country, even the hills of eastern Ohio arent that bad till you get to PA or WV. I would say you could do 5500-6000 lbs on 20 mi of back roads at max of 45 mph before you did any damage.
Sponsored