First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That bronco is geared low, but if it was geared at a standard ratio it would smoke the Mav. Good news is that the mav will obviously be no slouch on the road and that’s all people are worried about. Hit the gas on the freeway and you’ll get past people, plain and simple!
This logic doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't a lower geared vehicle that can lay down the power win? I thought lower geared meant faster off the line?
Sponsored

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
This logic doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't a lower geared vehicle that can lay down the power win? I thought lower geared meant faster off the line?
Lower gearing means more power/torque, but less speed

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Doesn't more power/torque win out on a 0-60 run?
Let me explain it this way, a semi in first gear has the most torque power. It can pull 50k+ lbs up steep mountains going slow as hell. It isn’t fast. That’s how off road trucks are geared…look at a rubicon hearing vs an X.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was fun to see but not at all surprising. It's why I will be taking delivery of my BaseSquatch Bronco in February and it likely will get traded in when the MavBrid arrives.

Love the Bronco. Want it almost as bad as my 5 year old son - but $45k vs $25k. It's not going to be a fair fight.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I've seen nothing that doesn't positively reinforce the decision to stick with the hybrid. It seems an almost impossibly good deal in today's age.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far I've seen nothing that doesn't positively reinforce the decision to stick with the hybrid. It seems an almost impossibly good deal in today's age.
Yep. I would stop just short of calling the Bronco my "dream" vehicle and the wife even gave me and the boy the green light to order one which we did. Then the MavBrid came out and my sticker price is $23,575 for a vehicle that just checks so many boxes. I've driven the Mav. I know there were some corners cut but the sum of all the parts is simply amazing. The value proposition is insane.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't more power/torque win out on a 0-60 run?
Yes, a 4K EB Maverick is the fastest Maverick in acceleration due to its lower gear ratio differential (higher numeric number)

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Hybrid Mav can go 3.3 miles all electric in the 25 mph speed range from a full battery.
Sponsored